RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
24 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Rumours and signings v9
Re: Rumours and signings v9 : Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:43 pm  
ChrisA wrote:
I might be the only one, but I think Whare could be very good inside French, very good indeed.

He’s past it.
Re: Rumours and signings v9 : Mon Oct 03, 2022 3:18 pm  
Zig wrote:
He’s past it.

Undoubtedly.

Also undoubtedly better than any of our current options too.

I'll admit that, I'm not optimistic about our chances should we not sign another centre. It's a glaring weakness, but one we seem to keep repeating. Remember when we signed Hastings and French, but ignored the prop situation. The time we needed a HB and signed Sammut etc.

Time will tell, but after a quick count I can probably name 5 or 6 olayers available who'd have improved us.
Re: Rumours and signings v9 : Mon Oct 03, 2022 3:24 pm  
We definitely need another centre because without out, we’re already at the stage of playing a second rower there (if he won’t pick Halsall) because Thornley has stated he’ll miss the start of 2023. I’m relaxed though as I do think we’ll get one. I’m hoping the Wardle rumour comes off first and foremost.

It does feel like a centre merry go round is taking place and will gather pace, with Leutele, Whare and Wardle not confirmed anywhere yet and the talk is that Leeds have signed Nene MacDonald.
Re: Rumours and signings v9 : Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:00 pm  
Miski seems like the obvious overseas player to leave (if anyone) but that leaves us very light in wingers. Mago and Ellis are both on 3 year deals and we'll probably offer Isa a 10 year contract.
Re: Rumours and signings v9 : Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:08 pm  
Zig wrote:
He’s past it.

Oh yes, definitely - he's still better than what we have now though.
Re: Rumours and signings v9 : Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:20 pm  
ChrisA wrote:

oh to have a Gleeson & Carmont partnership again
Re: Rumours and signings v9 : Tue Oct 04, 2022 3:58 am  
ChrisA wrote:

There are better players available.
Re: Rumours and signings v9 : Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:23 am  
Zig wrote:
There are better players available.

Doesn't look like we are in for Leutele and Wardle is a guessing game - the club have answers to those questions we don't.
Re: Rumours and signings v9 : Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:03 pm  
England are training at Robin Park today as a full squad but they have three none playing squad members with them. They are Liam Marshall, Sam Powell and Jake Wardle. They are presumably back up/standby players but I’m putting 2 and 2 together and going with the 5 and saying it’s because the three of them are at their clubs training base.
Re: Rumours and signings v9 : Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:35 pm  
NickyKiss wrote:
England are training at Robin Park today as a full squad but they have three none playing squad members with them. They are Liam Marshall, Sam Powell and Jake Wardle. They are presumably back up/standby players but I’m putting 2 and 2 together and going with the 5 and saying it’s because the three of them are at their clubs training base.

Wane letting his Wigan mates stay at home whilst everyone else travels. Typical.
PreviousNext