FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Marketing.
RankPostsTeam
First Team Player1625No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 21 20213 years65th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
29th Mar 24 01:2625th Mar 24 02:42LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Marketing. : Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:59 am  
I see we've given all of our social media management to a PR agency.

Yet again the club will continue to preach to the choir and try to flog a budget meal in the gold lounge......totally ignoring the need to engage with new audiences.

This is my 23rd season as a supporter, but it is becoming increasingly obvious as the years go by that under David Hughes, the club will never be in a position to actually try and market itself.
Hughes has 26 home games to achieve his 5k target......
.......and to those who think social media is enough, the comments and likes on the Twitter announcement are from the club itself and the agency responding whilst Facebook gets 2 dozen likes from time to time. Social media only works if it's done by a professional marketing agency, not a PR agency who will simply create content and send it to the choir.
I'm also sick of the word Partner.......stop doing things on the bloody cheap and roll the friggin' dice for once :twisted:
RankPostsTeam
International Star261No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 06 201113 years293rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
10th Feb 24 02:137th Feb 23 19:00LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Marketing. : Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:02 am  
If the term partner is good enough for other sports clubs I’m sure most fans can live with it,

https://www.kiaoval.com/our-sponsors/

https://www.arsenal.com/the-club/sponsors-partners
If the term partner is good enough for other sports clubs I’m sure most fans can live with it,

jbuzza 
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member5054
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 09 200222 years93rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
25th Mar 24 08:2824th Mar 24 23:48LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Gus Mackay we salute you!!

Re: Marketing. : Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:11 am  
If the Broncos were serious about the 5,000 target they would have been doing something off the back of the World Cup.
RankPostsTeam
First Team Player1827
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 24 20213 years53rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 08:2528th Mar 24 08:24LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Marketing. : Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:17 pm  
Riverside Red wrote:

It’s semantic nonsense but, of course, course we can live with it. Sluggish recruitment and confusing decision making - less so.
Riverside Red wrote:

It’s semantic nonsense but, of course, course we can live with it. Sluggish recruitment and confusing decision making - less so.
RfE 
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain947
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 05 20186 years145th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 13:2822nd Mar 24 15:29LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Rise like Lions after slumber
In unvanquishable number--
Shake your chains to earth like dew
Which in sleep had fallen on you--
Ye are many -- they are few.'

Percy Bysshe Shelley - 'The Mask of Anarchy'

' ITS OVER' - Roy Orbison

Re: Marketing. : Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:58 pm  
jbuzza wrote:
If the Broncos were serious about the 5,000 target they would have been doing something off the back of the World Cup.

Like having an actual presence at the Emirates for the semi final on Saturday just gone?
RankPostsTeam
First Team Player1827
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 24 20213 years53rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Marketing. : Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:04 pm  
RfE wrote:
Like having an actual presence at the Emirates for the semi final on Saturday just gone?

I was thinking that if Buzza had stopped at ‘something’ a harsh man might have said it was an equally legitimate comment.
RankPostsTeam
First Team Player1827
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 24 20213 years53rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Marketing. : Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:05 pm  
RfE wrote:

I’ll settle for a meaningful presence at Plough Lane next season. Baby steps. Onwards and upwards.
RankPostsTeam
International Star1674No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 29 201013 years59th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
29th Mar 24 01:5128th Mar 24 23:33LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Marketing. : Tue Nov 15, 2022 2:50 pm  
To be fair, they did do something....it was called NOTHING! By their standards, still something.

More interesting perhaps, I only have the 20th & 30th anniversary programmes & a Marty Mac autographed Handbook but in the 2010 program I noticed Colin Baker was Player Performance Manager & Chris Baxter was a Community Coach. 12+ years is a long time to give your all & witness Hughes' shambles from the inside as it were.
RankPostsTeam
First Team Player1827
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 24 20213 years53rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Marketing. : Tue Nov 15, 2022 5:50 pm  
I thought the professionalism and positivity of our social media comms went up when Tom from Roar got involved. I hope we have retained his services.
RankPostsTeam
First Team Player1625No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 21 20213 years65th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
29th Mar 24 01:2625th Mar 24 02:42LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Marketing. : Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:47 pm  
Riverside Red wrote:

Interesting choices of URL's to use when defending "partners"? The first is to a page entitled "our sponsors" whilst the second is directing me also to information about "sponsors"?

In the case of Surrey CC, Kia extended their "sponsorship deal" up the end of 2024, which includes the extension of the naming rights of the Oval....the first deal back in 2011 was worth £3,500,000 for 5 years. Arsenal on the other hand signed a 5 year extension to their Emirates deal in 2018 for £200,000,000.

Both these deals are SPONSORSHIP deals. Partners generally insinuates "contra-deals" with product or services exchanges for shirt space.

Here are our current sponsors and partners according to the club site. https://londonbroncosrl.com/our-sponsors-2/
JUST 3 PARTNERS.

If you think Key and Eagle, Ticket Co or iPRO are anything more than contra deals then you're really are in a long river in Egypt. Of the 3 companies, iPRO seem to be the one with some form of marketing schedule which sees them provide product to multiple sports and clubs in return for exposure. This is very clever point of sale and I am sure that their relationship with clubs and club charities is mutually beneficial with contestants at fun runs etc all getting product and branded gear to take away. Key and Eagle are 2 blokes working out of a Bedroom building average (at best) websites, whilst Ticket Co sell our tickets and clip them on the way through. We will have paid them for their software and will pay an ongoing licence fee and I very much doubt there's a brass farthing coming back to the club the other way, because we shifted 13,000 tickets last year...hardly "coining it in".

So back to the original point. 26 games from the end of the 2024 season where Hughes expects us to have a 5,000 average. To achieve this, the club are continuing with their 'social media' efforts, which will deliver minimal if any traction in the "new fan" space. They have outsourced this task to a PR firm, although Key & Eagle are our supposed digital partner, so it's all a bit "belt & braces". 160 characters in a tweet or an image on Insta is hardly the realm of "superbowl half time advertising" and could quite easily be carried out by someone at the club. We have a head of commercial who I would hope is busy adding to our stable of partners, but I do wonder what exactly he and Loubser are doing for their combined 80 hours a week? The fixtures are now out, although not loaded by Key and Eagle yet.......
Feb 5th 2022 was world Nutella day. Maybe a call to Giovanni Ferrero to invite him to sponsor the match Batey in 2023 might work as opposed to "giving Ticketco" tickets for their staff to attend and calling them match day sponsors?
Feb 26th is Levi Straus day......possibly a themed event that day?
March 26th It’s National Spinach Day, National Nougat Day, Good Hair Day, Purple Day, Make Up Your Own Holiday Day…

you get where I am going with this, but some form of creative thinking and planning as well as some hard work and creating 13 EVENTS gives you a chance to get close to 2k average,. Letting a PR firm send your tweets won't touch the sides! :roll:
Riverside Red wrote:

Interesting choices of URL's to use when defending "partners"? The first is to a page entitled "our sponsors" whilst the second is directing me also to information about "sponsors"?

In the case of Surrey CC, Kia extended their "sponsorship deal" up the end of 2024, which includes the extension of the naming rights of the Oval....the first deal back in 2011 was worth £3,500,000 for 5 years. Arsenal on the other hand signed a 5 year extension to their Emirates deal in 2018 for £200,000,000.

Both these deals are SPONSORSHIP deals. Partners generally insinuates "contra-deals" with product or services exchanges for shirt space.

Here are our current sponsors and partners according to the club site. https://londonbroncosrl.com/our-sponsors-2/
JUST 3 PARTNERS.

If you think Key and Eagle, Ticket Co or iPRO are anything more than contra deals then you're really are in a long river in Egypt. Of the 3 companies, iPRO seem to be the one with some form of marketing schedule which sees them provide product to multiple sports and clubs in return for exposure. This is very clever point of sale and I am sure that their relationship with clubs and club charities is mutually beneficial with contestants at fun runs etc all getting product and branded gear to take away. Key and Eagle are 2 blokes working out of a Bedroom building average (at best) websites, whilst Ticket Co sell our tickets and clip them on the way through. We will have paid them for their software and will pay an ongoing licence fee and I very much doubt there's a brass farthing coming back to the club the other way, because we shifted 13,000 tickets last year...hardly "coining it in".

So back to the original point. 26 games from the end of the 2024 season where Hughes expects us to have a 5,000 average. To achieve this, the club are continuing with their 'social media' efforts, which will deliver minimal if any traction in the "new fan" space. They have outsourced this task to a PR firm, although Key & Eagle are our supposed digital partner, so it's all a bit "belt & braces". 160 characters in a tweet or an image on Insta is hardly the realm of "superbowl half time advertising" and could quite easily be carried out by someone at the club. We have a head of commercial who I would hope is busy adding to our stable of partners, but I do wonder what exactly he and Loubser are doing for their combined 80 hours a week? The fixtures are now out, although not loaded by Key and Eagle yet.......
Feb 5th 2022 was world Nutella day. Maybe a call to Giovanni Ferrero to invite him to sponsor the match Batey in 2023 might work as opposed to "giving Ticketco" tickets for their staff to attend and calling them match day sponsors?
Feb 26th is Levi Straus day......possibly a themed event that day?
March 26th It’s National Spinach Day, National Nougat Day, Good Hair Day, Purple Day, Make Up Your Own Holiday Day…

you get where I am going with this, but some form of creative thinking and planning as well as some hard work and creating 13 EVENTS gives you a chance to get close to 2k average,. Letting a PR firm send your tweets won't touch the sides! :roll:
Next