RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
23 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Eccles
Eccles Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:27 am  
Eccles
Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:27 am  

BigTime wrote:
BigTime Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:39 pm
Posts: 1119
Member for 1 year
To the surprise of no one the announcement was that Eccles will be in permanent charge. However his job title is a little different and crucially he seems to have obtained a good level of back room support that should help get standards up. It’s a positive announcement. There is also suggestion of signings to be announced so that is good as well.
Re: Eccles Sun Sep 11, 2022 10:48 am  
Re: Eccles
Sun Sep 11, 2022 10:48 am  

User avatarjbuzza wrote:
jbuzza User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member


Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2002 10:48 am
Posts: 4716
Location: Twickenham
Member for 21 years
Good to hear they will bring in a couple of coaches. Neil Thorman rumoured as one.
Re: Eccles Sun Sep 11, 2022 8:18 pm  
Re: Eccles
Sun Sep 11, 2022 8:18 pm  

northernbloke Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:05 pm
Posts: 2647
Member for 5 years
Pleased that Mike E has been given a contract for next year, they have not been that clear what it actually means though. Will there be a first team and academy coach appointed? Mike full time, coach part time?
Re: Eccles Sun Sep 11, 2022 10:08 pm  
Re: Eccles
Sun Sep 11, 2022 10:08 pm  

User avatarjbuzza wrote:
jbuzza User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member


Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2002 10:48 am
Posts: 4716
Location: Twickenham
Member for 21 years
northernbloke wrote:
Pleased that Mike E has been given a contract for next year, they have not been that clear what it actually means though. Will there be a first team and academy coach appointed? Mike full time, coach part time?


Since Cake isn't really a coach he will have 2 assistants. He explains in his YouTube interview.
Re: Eccles Sun Sep 11, 2022 10:26 pm  
Re: Eccles
Sun Sep 11, 2022 10:26 pm  

BigTime wrote:
BigTime Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:39 pm
Posts: 1119
Member for 1 year
jbuzza wrote:
Since Cake isn't really a coach he will have 2 assistants. He explains in his YouTube interview.

The fact a non coach is easily our strongest candidate for the coach job does speak volumes. Nonetheless he strikes me as an impressive character, he’s clearly had a good think about what he wants and how to move the team forward. I’m much more confident with him at the helm than I was this time last year. I suspect we have retained heavily but, as others have said, so far this squad has indicated it can compete mid-table, which is a step up from this season but hardly cause for doing cartwheels. However, quite a few have clearly improved under Eccles so we’ll have to see, although I wouldn’t mind a few coming in or back as the case may be.I assume some of the JC signings may leave, unless on 2 year contracts so there may be space on the wage Bill.

Always worth remembering how poor and disorganised we were at the start of the season. The last few games haven’t been great but significantly better so we are on an upward trajectory.
Re: Eccles Sun Sep 11, 2022 10:49 pm  
Re: Eccles
Sun Sep 11, 2022 10:49 pm  

User avatarorangeman wrote:
orangeman User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:06 pm
Posts: 1412
Member for 2 years
Image
I am struggling to see anything other than a dance with the trapdoor again next season.
This post contains an image, if you are the copyright owner and would like this image removed then please contact support@rlfans.com
Re: Eccles Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:49 am  
Re: Eccles
Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:49 am  

crashmon wrote:
crashmon Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:01 am
Posts: 596
Member for 12 years
BigTime wrote:
The fact a non coach is easily our strongest candidate for the coach job does speak volumes. Nonetheless he strikes me as an impressive character, he’s clearly had a good think about what he wants and how to move the team forward. I’m much more confident with him at the helm than I was this time last year. I suspect we have retained heavily but, as others have said, so far this squad has indicated it can compete mid-table, which is a step up from this season but hardly cause for doing cartwheels. However, quite a few have clearly improved under Eccles so we’ll have to see, although I wouldn’t mind a few coming in or back as the case may be.I assume some of the JC signings may leave, unless on 2 year contracts so there may be space on the wage Bill.

Always worth remembering how poor and disorganised we were at the start of the season. The last few games haven’t been great but significantly better so we are on an upward trajectory.


I disagree, we did look like we had turned it around, but last 3 games make me think that the mid season wins was no more than a new coach bouce. I'd feel a lot more positive, if we had won vs Haven and Barrow, instead once we was sure of safety they all switched off.

I see another season of struggle, and I'll predict right now that we will have a lower attendance next year than this year. This year we had the first 2 games which skewed the figures, we won't have that next year. I'd be amazed if we breach 1K on any games next year.
Re: Eccles Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:07 am  
Re: Eccles
Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:07 am  

User avatarwire-quin wrote:
wire-quin User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:38 pm
Posts: 7353
Location: Looking for a coach that can coach
Member for 17 years
Is there any mention of FT or will we remain PT?

Seems a lot of management for a PT team
Mac out!
Re: Eccles Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:20 am  
Re: Eccles
Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:20 am  

User avatarjbuzza wrote:
jbuzza User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member


Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2002 10:48 am
Posts: 4716
Location: Twickenham
Member for 21 years
crashmon wrote:
I disagree, we did look like we had turned it around, but last 3 games make me think that the mid season wins was no more than a new coach bouce. I'd feel a lot more positive, if we had won vs Haven and Barrow, instead once we was sure of safety they all switched off.

I see another season of struggle, and I'll predict right now that we will have a lower attendance next year than this year. This year we had the first 2 games which skewed the figures, we won't have that next year. I'd be amazed if we breach 1K on any games next year.


Interesting post match interview in which Cake admits he is dissapointed with the end of the season both in terms of intensity and quality. With the focus on retention we can expect to see more of the same. Target next season is to win more games than we did this year. So mid table at best in year 2 of Yosser's quest for 5,000 fans :lol:

In reality, the club is just in a holding position pending the IMG proposals. We saw an upping of intensity when relegation threatened but that's about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKOY6RUBRC8
crashmon wrote:
I disagree, we did look like we had turned it around, but last 3 games make me think that the mid season wins was no more than a new coach bouce. I'd feel a lot more positive, if we had won vs Haven and Barrow, instead once we was sure of safety they all switched off.

I see another season of struggle, and I'll predict right now that we will have a lower attendance next year than this year. This year we had the first 2 games which skewed the figures, we won't have that next year. I'd be amazed if we breach 1K on any games next year.


Interesting post match interview in which Cake admits he is dissapointed with the end of the season both in terms of intensity and quality. With the focus on retention we can expect to see more of the same. Target next season is to win more games than we did this year. So mid table at best in year 2 of Yosser's quest for 5,000 fans :lol:

In reality, the club is just in a holding position pending the IMG proposals. We saw an upping of intensity when relegation threatened but that's about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKOY6RUBRC8
Re: Eccles Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:23 am  
Re: Eccles
Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:23 am  

User avatarDeadcowboys1 wrote:
Deadcowboys1 User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:10 pm
Posts: 1351
Member for 12 years
I'm assuming P/T as you would have thought if going F/T, then announce it when you appoint your F/T Director of Rugby & Performance.

Notice Hughes only really gave qualified support to Cakeman saying he was ok for this level (not in those words of course). Are the 2 Asst Coaches supposed to be F/T?

One of the problems with Broncos, is that when they say something (which is a rarity), it always raises more questions than answers.
Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 19 guests

REPLY

Subject: 
Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to London Broncos


RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POST
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
1m
Rumours and signings v9
Zig
24789
2m
Game - Song Titles 20212
Wanderer
17752
2m
A little concerning
dboy
8
2m
Transfer talk
Peter Goddar
704
4m
Shopping List 2023
pmarrow
3375
4m
Renouf Atoni
chissitt
40
5m
BORED The Band Name Game
Wanderer
35081
5m
IN 2023 Nene MacDonald - Expires 2024
Seth
44
7m
What we currently look like for 2023
chissitt
859
8m
RIP Doddie Weir
wrencat1873
6
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
TODAY
Eddie Jones to RL
Cruncher
1
TODAY
A little concerning
dboy
8
TODAY
Retro Shirt
DiggerHFC
1
TODAY
O/T Poblems at Skolars
wire-quin
2
TODAY
Leigh to be a better prospect than Wigan in 1-2 years
sergeant pep
7
TODAY
Foreign investment
micktheleyth
2
TODAY
RIP Doddie Weir
wrencat1873
6
TODAY
Harry Newman
christopher
6
TODAY
Wire TV
rubber ducki
5
TODAY
Squad complete Whats your starting 13 4
Smiffy27
27
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Australia World Champions Agai..
5623
Jillaroos Demolish the Ferns t..
1605
England Beat France in Nail-bi..
2585
New Zealand Ferns Final Bound ..
1473
Australia Power Into Womens Fi..
1535
Samoa Into the Final As Englis..
1671
Australia Squeeze Into The Fin..
4424
Jilleroos Scrape Home Against ..
1933
Cook Islands Sign Off With Vic..
2518
England 19-man squad for RLWC ..
2431
St Helens to face Penrith Pant..
2366
England Top Group A With Big W..
2079
Canada End World Cup With Tigh..
1874
Record Breaking Masterclass fr..
3106
Ferns Win As Cooks Score First..
2414
RLFANS Match Centre
Matches on TV
Thu 16th Feb
SL-M
20:00
Warrington-Leeds
Fri 17th Feb
SL-M
20:00
Leigh-Salford
Sat 18th Feb
SL-M
13:00
Hull KR-Wigan
WCC2023
07:00
Penrith-St.Helens
Thu 23rd Feb
SL-M
20:00
Salford-Hull KR
Fri 24th Feb
SL-M
20:00
Leeds-Hull FC
Sun 26th Feb
SL-M
13:00
Castleford-St.Helens
Thu 2nd Mar
SL-M
20:00
Warrington-Salford
Fri 3rd Mar
SL-M
20:00
St.Helens-Leeds
Thu 9th Mar
SL-M
20:00
Wigan-Catalans
Fri 10th Mar
SL-M
20:00
Huddersfield-Castleford
Sat 19th Nov
WC2022 6 Australia M30-10Samoa M
WWC2022 5 Australia W54-4New Zealand W
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 0 0 0 0 0
Leeds 0 0 0 0 0
Hull KR 0 0 0 0 0
Warrington 0 0 0 0 0
Salford 0 0 0 0 0
Wigan 0 0 0 0 0
 
Hull FC 0 0 0 0 0
Catalans 0 0 0 0 0
Huddersfield 0 0 0 0 0
Leigh 0 0 0 0 0
St.Helens 0 0 0 0 0
Castleford 0 0 0 0 0
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POST
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
1m
Rumours and signings v9
Zig
24789
2m
Game - Song Titles 20212
Wanderer
17752
2m
A little concerning
dboy
8
2m
Transfer talk
Peter Goddar
704
4m
Shopping List 2023
pmarrow
3375
4m
Renouf Atoni
chissitt
40
5m
BORED The Band Name Game
Wanderer
35081
5m
IN 2023 Nene MacDonald - Expires 2024
Seth
44
7m
What we currently look like for 2023
chissitt
859
8m
RIP Doddie Weir
wrencat1873
6
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
TODAY
Eddie Jones to RL
Cruncher
1
TODAY
A little concerning
dboy
8
TODAY
Retro Shirt
DiggerHFC
1
TODAY
O/T Poblems at Skolars
wire-quin
2
TODAY
Leigh to be a better prospect than Wigan in 1-2 years
sergeant pep
7
TODAY
Foreign investment
micktheleyth
2
TODAY
RIP Doddie Weir
wrencat1873
6
TODAY
Harry Newman
christopher
6
TODAY
Wire TV
rubber ducki
5
TODAY
Squad complete Whats your starting 13 4
Smiffy27
27
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Australia World Champions Agai..
5623
Jillaroos Demolish the Ferns t..
1605
England Beat France in Nail-bi..
2585
New Zealand Ferns Final Bound ..
1473
Australia Power Into Womens Fi..
1535
Samoa Into the Final As Englis..
1671
Australia Squeeze Into The Fin..
4424
Jilleroos Scrape Home Against ..
1933
Cook Islands Sign Off With Vic..
2518
England 19-man squad for RLWC ..
2431
St Helens to face Penrith Pant..
2366
England Top Group A With Big W..
2079
Canada End World Cup With Tigh..
1874
Record Breaking Masterclass fr..
3106
Ferns Win As Cooks Score First..
2414


Visit the RLFANS.COM SHOP
for more merchandise!