FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Bit of fun .....
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain332No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 03 20167 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
25th Nov 21 00:0916th Nov 21 23:34LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Bit of fun ..... : Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:19 pm  
itsmeagain wrote:
NKpom are you living in a dream world or a fools paradise. It costs approx £2.5 M per annum to run the club. That means £50K per annum from 50 supporters. I should think 90% of the supporters dont make that per person per annum never mind donate to run a RL club with SL desires. You can say well you have television money but then if you want SL standard players you pay a bigger salary and higher other outgoings in training and fitness and facilities so much more than the £2.5M needed to run a championship club. Yes we all want the best for the club and we will all do everything we can to help the club as has been proven during the pandemic but £2.5M get real. LBSA raises around £4000 per annum profit after a lot of work so how are you going to bridge a difference of millions. If it was so easy how come in recent times Bradford have gone into administration,Leigh and Salford owners have walked away because costs became too much, Toronto withdrew this season and covid is not an excuse which can be used as they were not covering their costs before the outbreak. How come there are so many part time clubs with years of history which cannot afford SL.

Some reality. Thank you
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2259No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 16 20159 years294th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th Jun 21 21:5227th Jun 21 18:49LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Bit of fun ..... : Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:42 pm  
I must say Monkey Boy, That you are doing a grand job pissing of some of the very long term supporters of The London Broncos.
We have a very dedicated core of fans. Small but dedicated. Every so often the club appoints someone who comes along and manages to drive away a some of these.
One such fan and his wife, were so insulted by a previous officer of the club. That they swore never to return and they never did. All their quite considerable good work was lost.
For me London Broncos is what I did on Sundays. Sunday being my only day off as I normally work six days a week.
I and my family travel home and away at quite considerable cost. Four to eight hundred mile round trips to games do not come cheap.
However the Covid enforced lack of rugby, is forcing me to re evaluate my commitment to following the club. I am enjoying doing other things like, going to the beach. Not getting up at 6am to go to Yorkshire and doing my garden. I may not be alone in this.
I hope that you are not going to join the group of club employees, who have managed to drive down the clubs support from within. It is easily done.
Trailfinders might become a lonely place, on match days.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain332No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 03 20167 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Bit of fun ..... : Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:27 pm  
Bostwick wrote:
I must say Monkey Boy, That you are doing a grand job pissing of some of the very long term supporters of The London Broncos.
We have a very dedicated core of fans. Small but dedicated. Every so often the club appoints someone who comes along and manages to drive away a some of these.
One such fan and his wife, were so insulted by a previous officer of the club. That they swore never to return and they never did. All their quite considerable good work was lost.
For me London Broncos is what I did on Sundays. Sunday being my only day off as I normally work six days a week.
I and my family travel home and away at quite considerable cost. Four to eight hundred mile round trips to games do not come cheap.
However the Covid enforced lack of rugby, is forcing me to re evaluate my commitment to following the club. I am enjoying doing other things like, going to the beach. Not getting up at 6am to go to Yorkshire and doing my garden. I may not be alone in this.
I hope that you are not going to join the group of club employees, who have managed to drive down the clubs support from within. It is easily done.

Thank you for your feedback.
I can also tell you that I am too missing my garden in yorkshire and I am spending an absolute fortune at my own expense living in a hotel in London sorting out something that will probably benefit the club long after my time here.
In fact today I've been at it since 10am and i am currently in a cab back to my hotel having just left a meeting with the directors of London Skolars having explained what I had spent the day doing.

I genuinely hope that things improve for you, I really do. Personally I'm going to keep spending my own cash on hotels and taxis and restaurants in the hope that soon I can sit back and watch supporters get very excited about an announcement we promised.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach991No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 16 200519 years258th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
8th Feb 23 23:311st Nov 22 11:01LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Bit of fun ..... : Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:50 am  
We'd be a lot closer to being self-sufficient if we were still averaging the 4,000+ we were when David Hughes took over the club. I wonder what happened to drive away so many people?

The club's employees really don't do the club (or Hughes' bank balance) any favours with their attitude to supporters.
RankPostsTeam
International Star1695No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 29 201013 years59th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
16th Apr 24 10:5812th Apr 24 04:47LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Bit of fun ..... : Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:32 am  
Oh dear, the fun element of this threat is slipping!
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain332No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 03 20167 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Bit of fun ..... : Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:55 am  
nadera78 wrote:
We'd be a lot closer to being self-sufficient if we were still averaging the 4,000+ we were when David Hughes took over the club. I wonder what happened to drive away so many people?

The club's employees really don't do the club (or Hughes' bank balance) any favours with their attitude to supporters.

I've spent the week on the phone and email to supporters answering their questions, tha king them for their support etc.

My attitude has, and always will be, that the club has a largely very positive and supportive fan base which I try and keep up to date with information and take on board their answers.

There are some of us at the club at the moment exhausted working on something that will see that fan base grow, significantly, which in turn starts to take some of the financial pressure off David.

I never have, and never will, deal with negativity. It drains you and is a waste of time. We will never be able to please some and if me giving a pie in the sky comment a tongue in cheek response is classed as offensive then its probably best i dont use this forum anymore to answer your questions and keep fans updated.

Thanks to those of you who have sent messages of support and those of you who know what is happening behind the scenes that are as excited as we are.

Those who have my number or email are welcome to keep in touch.

We will this week start with some announcements, the first one is already appearing to be a very popular new incentive with those who we have spoken to about it and something it appears many of you have wanted for a long time to give fans a real voice at the club.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach991No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 16 200519 years258th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
8th Feb 23 23:311st Nov 22 11:01LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Bit of fun ..... : Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:14 am  
MonkeyLover wrote:
I've spent the week on the phone and email to supporters answering their questions, tha king them for their support etc.

My attitude has, and always will be, that the club has a largely very positive and supportive fan base which I try and keep up to date with information and take on board their answers.

There are some of us at the club at the moment exhausted working on something that will see that fan base grow, significantly, which in turn starts to take some of the financial pressure off David.

I never have, and never will, deal with negativity. It drains you and is a waste of time. We will never be able to please some and if me giving a pie in the sky comment a tongue in cheek response is classed as offensive then its probably best i dont use this forum anymore to answer your questions and keep fans updated.

Thanks to those of you who have sent messages of support and those of you who know what is happening behind the scenes that are as excited as we are.

We will this week start with some announcements, the first one is already appearing to be a very popular new incentive with those who we have spoken to about it and something it appears many of you have wanted for a long time to give fans a real voice at the club.

The problem is twofold:
You yourself have a bit of history on this board.
Secondly, the club has a terrible history of alienating fans - hence the loss of circa 3,000 fans over a 10 year period.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7392No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 23 200618 years160th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Apr 24 09:4212th Jul 23 05:57LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Mac out!

Re: Bit of fun ..... : Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:19 am  
Bostwick wrote:

Wokes in RL whatever next. It’s good that ML posts on here. Get some humour
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7392No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 23 200618 years160th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Mac out!

Re: Bit of fun ..... : Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:21 am  
nadera78 wrote:
The problem is twofold:
You yourself have a bit of history on this board.
Secondly, the club has a terrible history of alienating fans - hence the loss of circa 3,000 fans over a 10 year period.

How many clubs in RL have grown a fan base in that time? Secondly how many teams fan base has grown post relegation?
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7392No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 23 200618 years160th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Mac out!

Re: Bit of fun ..... : Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:29 am  
MonkeyLover wrote:

Very positive post. I’m excited to see the details of what you are about to announce.
Let’s ignore the sensitive posters. The downside of the Broncos with its smallish fan base is that some ticket holders think they are shareholders. Go to Warrington or Wigan and a ticket is just that, access to your seat. Want access to players for that game pay more. No matter what you pay you don’t have a voice.

In the old days before technology society’s losers sat in a back bedroom, eating fatty food with no voice. Sadly the internet came along.
PreviousNext