Aug 13 200321 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
26th Jun 15 02:4314th Feb 15 04:49LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
dally messenger wrote:
was watching an nfl doco. on one of their teams and they used the term bomb to describe those long high passes from quaterback to running back and i think gibson took that idea, realized you cant throw the ball forward in RL and adapted it to a "bomb" kick we have

eels fan wrote:
You poor poor obsessed fat ex vichyballin potato thieving stoaway.

: Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:06 am  
retirethename wrote:
Yes we know it needs to improve, now let the club get on with it.
get on with what :lol:
Seriously, if this season (or even the last 2 months) is anything to go by, then the club have no clear and defined plan. To put up that rasing attendances is PB's main aim on the website points to the club being aware of the problem. It's just that a drop in average attendances this year at the half way stage of the season isn't really a good start is it?
I fully appreciate that I bang on and on and on and on about this, but let's face it, the development of future players and the community work being done, whilst great, won't pay the bills. Bums on seats are what will make the club successful in the long run.......and as the players and coach have started mentioning it, the time for empty promises is over.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5588No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 27 200419 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Apr 14 09:1216th Feb 14 18:06LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

: Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:08 am  
We're not going to get the social scene down just yet.
"hey guys do you want to sit in an empty stadium with no atmosphere, watching a game we dont know and players we've never heard about, at the same time as England are playing on telly.

We need bums on seats and need to get the locals involved.
I dont know if this has legs, but it would generate some coverage (free marketing) but has the club tried to get the other Richmond clubs on board, Richmond, Welsh, Hampton FC etc to offer a borough season ticket that grants you unreserved entry to all games all year?
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach547
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 29 200617 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
4th Apr 24 11:436th Oct 21 15:38LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

: Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:28 am  
Darthchris wrote:
We're not going to get the social scene down just yet.
"hey guys do you want to sit in an empty stadium with no atmosphere, watching a game we dont know and players we've never heard about, at the same time as England are playing on telly.

We need bums on seats and need to get the locals involved.
I dont know if this has legs, but it would generate some coverage (free marketing) but has the club tried to get the other Richmond clubs on board, Richmond, Welsh, Hampton FC etc to offer a borough season ticket that grants you unreserved entry to all games all year?

Good idea plus London Scottish, Rosslyn Park and Ealing for the West London Rugby ticket!
zenon 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach59No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 05 200816 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
13th Oct 15 08:2711th Oct 15 17:20LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

: Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:01 pm  
gutterfax wrote:
40% is the figure we would need to achieve 1 point..

Perhaps the removal of the seats from the South Stand witnessed on Saturday is an attempt to meet the figure ?
:wink:
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach7184No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 07 200420 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
23rd Jul 09 21:351st Jan 70 00:00LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
HISTORY IS LITTERED WITH UNTHRUTH'S:

I CAN ASSURE YOU THERE IS NOT A HURRICANE ON IT'S WAY TO BRITAIN............MICHAEL FISH (BBC WEATHERMAN).

I DID NOT HAVE SEX WITH THAT WOMAN..............BILL CLINTON (PRESIDENT OF THE U.S.A).

OUR STADIUM WILL BE READY FOR THE 2010 SEASON................JOHN WILKINSON (SALFORD CHAIRMAN).

ARE PRIME EXAMPLES.........

: Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:18 pm  
some of you are harbingers of doom, no matter how many thousand attend a game at the stoop it is certainly better than not having a team to support. just think, those who attended the game wouldn't have watched a game of rugby league if their was no team in the capital, quins are as vital to our game as saints, leeds, w***n etc etc etc etc.
RankPostsTeam
In The Arms of 13 Angels20628
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 15 200915 years312th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
23rd Aug 16 22:2023rd Aug 16 21:19LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
It's been fun.

: Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:31 pm  
Fingerposts Finest wrote:
some of you are harbingers of doom, no matter how many thousand attend a game at the stoop it is certainly better than not having a team to support. just think, those who attended the game wouldn't have watched a game of rugby league if their was no team in the capital, quins are as vital to our game as saints, leeds, w***n etc etc etc etc.

i agree, the only problem i see was why it took so long to get a London club involved.
Eventually some midland clubs will get involved and link it all up and all these Flatcapper anti expansionist will eventually die out
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4064No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 31 200519 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
26th Mar 19 15:5128th Oct 12 12:35LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
An exclusive mansion apartment in fashionable South London

: Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:33 pm  
Wire_Yed_79 wrote:
sometimes i think you are deliberately obtuse.

compared to the rest of london it's not great.
compared to rest of the country it's great.

It's not on the tube network for a start.
It's in west London which i know for a fact is the most congested part of the capital (yes i have proof of that)

Brentford for instance you can catch a few buses from zone 1 to the old ground at Griffin park and the tube station was a short walk away unlike Twickenham with the exception of ONE route out of Hammersmith.
Yes there is the train link but not actually part of the TfL network therefore more expensive.

It (in regards of London) is probably the worst served area for public transport.
Compare that to if you played at QPR or still at Griffin park which is catered for the public transport user

The nearset tube station to Brentford (South Ealing) was a lot further away than the station at Twickenham, and it was a less pleasant walk along a busy road with a massive junction to negotiate if walking. On Sundays Brentford train station was served by one train per hour that departed a few minutes after the end of the match, meaning you'd just miss it unless you left early or were an Olympic 800 metres medallist.

Twickenham has trains into London every few minutes on every day (you're unlikely to wait more than ten minutes at any time) and they link up with the Underground network at Richmond. The ground itself is far better and it's easier to get to for many people, and you don't have to worry about waiting another hour or finding an alternative route if you just miss one train.
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach7184No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 07 200420 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
23rd Jul 09 21:351st Jan 70 00:00LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
HISTORY IS LITTERED WITH UNTHRUTH'S:

I CAN ASSURE YOU THERE IS NOT A HURRICANE ON IT'S WAY TO BRITAIN............MICHAEL FISH (BBC WEATHERMAN).

I DID NOT HAVE SEX WITH THAT WOMAN..............BILL CLINTON (PRESIDENT OF THE U.S.A).

OUR STADIUM WILL BE READY FOR THE 2010 SEASON................JOHN WILKINSON (SALFORD CHAIRMAN).

ARE PRIME EXAMPLES.........

: Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:48 pm  
Wire_Yed_79 wrote:
i agree, the only problem i see was why it took so long to get a London club involved.
Eventually some midland clubs will get involved and link it all up and all these Flatcapper anti expansionist will eventually die out

i think that the "flatcappers" are finally coming round to the idea of a team in the capitol, at least quins are on the up unlike some heartland clubs...
RankPostsTeam
In The Arms of 13 Angels20628
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 15 200915 years312th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
23rd Aug 16 22:2023rd Aug 16 21:19LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
It's been fun.

: Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:59 pm  
Prince of Denmark wrote:
The nearset tube station to Brentford (South Ealing) was a lot further away than the station at Twickenham, and it was a less pleasant walk along a busy road with a massive junction to negotiate if walking. On Sundays Brentford train station was served by one train per hour that departed a few minutes after the end of the match, meaning you'd just miss it unless you left early or were an Olympic 800 metres medallist.

Twickenham has trains into London every few minutes on every day (you're unlikely to wait more than ten minutes at any time) and they link up with the Underground network at Richmond. The ground itself is far better and it's easier to get to for many people, and you don't have to worry about waiting another hour or finding an alternative route if you just miss one train.

Forgive my poor punctuation on that and i was slighty unclear Twick St to the stoop is not far i wasn't comparing distance of SEailing and Twick St.
More the lack of buses from the busier parts of London to Twickers and the fact that Twickers Station isn't part of the TfL network therefore more expensive to travel.

Brentford for instance you can catch a few buses from zone 1 to the old ground at Griffin park and the tube station was a short walk away, unlike Twickenham with the exception of ONE route out of Hammersmith.
RankPostsTeam
In The Arms of 13 Angels26578
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 08 200222 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
6th Jul 17 23:1930th Apr 17 15:32LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

ebay's Rugby League Bargains ¦ Boost Your eBay Sales ¦ Recommended Amazon Stuff ¦ Get a Free Ink Cart!!! ¦ Quins RL T-Shirts, BRAND NEW DESIGNS

: Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:23 pm  
Wire_Yed_79 wrote:
Forgive my poor punctuation on that and i was slighty unclear Twick St to the stoop is not far i wasn't comparing distance of SEailing and Twick St.
More the lack of buses from the busier parts of London to Twickers and the fact that Twickers Station isn't part of the TfL network therefore more expensive to travel.

Why would you want to get a bus from busier parts when the tube to Richmond or train to Twickers is fine?

Oh and Twickers is on the TFL network, you can buy thru routing from any tube staion, travelcards and passes work just fine too.
PreviousNext