RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
22 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Toulouse tickets
Re: Toulouse tickets Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:37 am  

crashmon wrote:
crashmon Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:01 am
Posts: 276
They have to sort the parking out for next season, they need to do a deal with some nearby business / school to allow of paid parking. For the three of us it would be a combined 70 pounds on travel to PL, compared to around 5 pound for parking and a couple of quid in Petrol..... If they don't have a parking option, no way we can attend unless they have very cheap tickets (not 25GBP which they are proposing)
Re: Toulouse tickets Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:20 pm  

BigTime wrote:
BigTime Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:39 pm
Posts: 152
Yes Crash. I agree that seems a sensible option that I hope the club explores. I don’t know South London at all but if it’s the case that there is a complete absence of any roadside parking spaces on a non work day that strikes me as pretty rank. The problem is, of course, exacerbated by the fact that public transport, to all intents and purposes, doesn’t run on Sundays in London.
Re: Toulouse tickets Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:32 pm  

BigTime wrote:
BigTime Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:39 pm
Posts: 152
Victor
I’m conscious I didn’t respond to your point on LBs work with schools.
I’ve seen a few things in programmes and it looks like they try and engage but my only experience was when I went to a mid week game and there were a lot of excited school kids in attendance who were mascots. the thing that struck me was that, I think, without exception all were of Asian descent. I don’t know enough about the Ealing area to know if that was atypical but I wonder how fertile ground that is. I don’t recall seeing anyone of Asian descent at any other games so it looks like that work did not land, at least in the short term. It may be for many reason that that ethnic group don’t fancy coming to matches. It may be difficult to unpick and address the reasons short term and I suppose it might be one of the reasons why the management of LB feel a move to another area might be productive.
I, like I guess other posters, have no experience of running a professional sports club but it’s clear there are loads of challenges which perhaps it’s easy for us fans to dismiss/overlook.
Re: Toulouse tickets Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:11 pm  

User avatarjaybs wrote:
jaybs User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2002 5:47 pm
Posts: 4844
Location: North West
It's good to see the players themselves volunteering to help with The Wimbledon FC club Charity, getting out in the community, we have got to start off in the right way, then carry on! Be interesting to know if there are primary or junior schools in the Wimbledon area involved with London Primary & Junior Schools Rugby League, who give credit are doing an amazing job! The Finals last week were a great example to the game in the north, where school sport is on the decline.
Re: Toulouse tickets Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:51 pm  

gardener wrote:
gardener Stevo's Armpit

Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:15 pm
Posts: 73
jaybs wrote:
It's good to see the players themselves volunteering to help with The Wimbledon FC club Charity, getting out in the community, we have got to start off in the right way, then carry on! Be interesting to know if there are primary or junior schools in the Wimbledon area involved with London Primary & Junior Schools Rugby League, who give credit are doing an amazing job! The Finals last week were a great example to the game in the north, where school sport is on the decline.


The club should be aiming at marketing, in Sutton, Carshalton, Mitcham and Morden where a lot of the population is working class and they are not too far from Plough Lane.Might even be worth linking up with South West trains and Thameslink for promotions involving tickets and travel.
Re: Toulouse tickets Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:13 pm  

User avatarorangeman wrote:
orangeman User avatar
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:06 pm
Posts: 491
northernbloke wrote:
Big time as you can see from some posters, nothing the club does is right. £20 for a ticket is wrong its too much. An offer of £10 for a ticket is apparently crazy from the emoji. Am not sure what would please some.

lol...if it were cardiovascula surgery, I'm sure you'd chime in with some pearl of wisdom.......but you're neither a heart surgeon nor a marketer, so leave discussions about "upping the price before dropping your drawers" to those of us with a Masters Degree in Marketing and a list of satisfied sporting clients.
I'd type in crayon of the option were available....just so you can grasp it, but £10 for a game after you tried to screw your regulars (unsuccessfully) out of hundreds is not going to get the attention of Charles Saatchi......but as usual, apologists gotta do what they do! :CRAZY:
Re: Toulouse tickets Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:17 am  

User avatarjbuzza wrote:
jbuzza User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2002 10:48 am
Posts: 4184
Location: Twickenham
orangeman wrote:
£10 for a game after you tried to screw your regulars (unsuccessfully) out of hundreds is not going to get the attention of Charles Saatchi.


This clearly underlines what the club have got wrong.
Re: Toulouse tickets Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:23 am  

BigTime wrote:
BigTime Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:39 pm
Posts: 152
Charging walk ups less or the same as ST/ half STs is not a strategy to be recommended and does feel a bit of a Liberty. Having said that, it does look like the game as a whole, with the exception of Barrow, is struggling to get people through the gates. I noticed that Oldham had a £12 pre book with accompanying child free and that walk ups were £19. I wouldn’t suggest we should look to Oldham for guidance in how to do things but it might be that our practices are not completely out of kilter with others. The truth is the TO game is unattractive to many of us as we are likely to get spanked and so panic price drops might be the only way to encourage a few through the door. Quite why we are in a position to be drubbed by TO at home rather than it be a good competitive game is, of course, a whole different discussion.
Re: Toulouse tickets Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:37 am  

User avatarjbuzza wrote:
jbuzza User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2002 10:48 am
Posts: 4184
Location: Twickenham
BigTime wrote:
Charging walk ups less or the same as ST/ half STs is not a strategy to be recommended and does feel a bit of a Liberty. Having said that, it does look like the game as a whole, with the exception of Barrow, is struggling to get people through the gates. I noticed that Oldham had a £12 pre book with accompanying child free and that walk ups were £19. I wouldn’t suggest we should look to Oldham for guidance in how to do things but it might be that our practices are not completely out of kilter with others. The truth is the TO game is unattractive to many of us as we are likely to get spanked and so panic price drops might be the only way to encourage a few through the door. Quite why we are in a position to be drubbed by TO at home rather than it be a good competitive game is, of course, a whole different discussion.


The clubs priority in a pandemic should have been to retain ST holders. Putting up prices was a ridiculous decision in the context of that and a potential mid season move.
Last edited by jbuzza on Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Toulouse tickets Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:44 am  

User avatarDeadcowboys1 wrote:
Deadcowboys1 User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:10 pm
Posts: 813
gardener wrote:
The club should be aiming at marketing, in Sutton, Carshalton, Mitcham and Morden where a lot of the population is working class and they are not too far from Plough Lane.Might even be worth linking up with South West trains and Thameslink for promotions involving tickets and travel.


Well any marketing, like communication would be welcome but this really isn't a class issue any more, even if it ever was. The obvious starting point is AFC fans but unless Broncos have a team that takes the Championship by storm I can't see many new fans sticking with what a lot of us have over the last 40 years. These are different times. :(
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: crashmon, Deadcowboys1, FevGrinder, Halfdan of t'wide embrace, Hockley Bronco, Honkytonk, jbuzza, Mash Tun, STEVEL and 107 guests

Quick Reply



Subject:
Message:

   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to London Broncos


When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
RLFANS Match Centre
Sun 19th Sep
SL RND: 25 Huddersfield42-24Leigh
CH RND: 22 Bradford22-36Whitehaven
CH RND: 22 Dewsbury21-14Oldham
CH RND: 22 Featherstone78-10Sheffield
CH RND: 22 Halifax10-12Batley
CH RND: 22 Swinton16-26Widnes
CH RND: 22 York30-22LondonB
L1 RND: 22 Doncaster31-10Hunslet
WSL RND: 16 St.HelensW52-0WiganW
WSL RND: 16 YorkW28-14CastlefordW
Sat 18th Sep
NRL RND: 27 Penrith8-6Parramatta
CH RND: 22 Newcastle12-82Toulouse
L1 RND: 22 Crusaders14-28Keighley
Fri 17th Sep
SL RND: 25 Leeds36-12Hull KR
SL RND: 25 Salford26-14St.Helens
SLRND: 25 Wakefield44-12Hull FC
SL RND: 25 Wigan12-8Catalans
NRL RND: 27 Manly42-6Sydney
Thu 16th Sep
SL RND: 25 Castleford24-40Warrington
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
National Rugby League 2021 ROUND : 25
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Melbourne 16 584 194 390 28
Penrith 16 433 151 282 28
Souths 16 471 322 149 26
Parramatta 16 448 247 201 24
Manly 17 485 354 131 20
Sydney 16 419 317 102 20
St.George 16 340 350 -10 16
Cronulla 17 326 394 -68 14
 
Canberra 17 347 421 -74 14
Newcastle 16 279 372 -93 14
Gold Coast 17 382 438 -56 12
NQL Cowboys 16 306 493 -187 12
NZ Warriors 16 317 396 -79 10
Wests 16 330 478 -148 10
Brisbane 17 282 542 -260 8
Canterbury 17 212 522 -310 4
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Super League XXVI ROUND : 25
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Catalans 23 688 398 290 38 172.86 82.61
St.Helens 21 548 229 319 32 239.30 76.19
Warrington 21 588 354 234 31 166.10 73.81
Wigan 25 387 385 2 30 100.52 60
Leeds 24 556 440 116 26 126.36 54.17
Hull KR 20 497 458 39 20 108.52 50
 
Castleford 23 439 552 -113 22 79.53 47.83
Hull FC 21 409 476 -67 17 85.92 40.48
Huddersfield 24 460 516 -56 18 89.15 37.50
Wakefield 24 482 548 -66 18 87.96 37.50
Salford 22 402 586 -184 14 68.60 31.82
Leigh 22 356 870 -514 4 40.92 9.09
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Championship 2021 ROUND : 20
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Toulouse 13 616 112 504 26 550 100
Featherstone 19 817 254 563 34 321.65 94.74
Halifax 19 512 323 189 26 158.51 68.42
Bradford 18 483 455 28 24 106.15 66.67
LondonB 18 504 499 5 21 101 63.89
Batley 19 525 370 155 24 141.89 63.16
 
Whitehaven 20 447 496 -49 21 90.12 52.50
York 19 470 455 15 16 103.30 42.11
Widnes 19 458 509 -51 15 89.98 39.47
Newcastle 18 381 521 -140 13 73.13 36.11
Sheffield 18 382 553 -171 13 69.08 36.11
Dewsbury 19 308 570 -262 13 54.04 34.21
Oldham 19 270 691 -421 5 39.07 13.16
Swinton 20 354 719 -365 3 49.24 7.50
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred League One 2021 ROUND : 22
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Barrow 17 596 275 321 27 216.73 79.41
Workington 15 471 310 161 21 151.94 70
Doncaster 18 503 400 103 24 125.75 66.67
Keighley 19 640 399 241 25 160.40 65.79
Crusaders 18 553 438 115 22 126.26 61.11
Hunslet 19 572 466 106 20 122.75 52.63
 
Rochdale 17 505 488 17 17 103.48 50
Coventry 17 407 460 -53 12 88.48 35.29
LondonS 18 292 577 -285 7 50.61 19.44
West Wales 18 208 896 -688 1 23.21 2.78
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Womens Super League 2021 ROUND : 9
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
St.HelensW 7 370 36 334 12 1,027.78 85.71
WiganW 6 222 64 158 10 346.88 83.33
YorkW 6 186 102 84 8 182.35 66.67
CastlefordW 6 166 96 70 8 172.92 66.67
BradfordW 8 158 264 -106 6 59.85 37.50
Hudds W 7 104 288 -184 4 36.11 28.57
 
Wire W 8 150 334 -184 4 44.91 25
FeatherstoneW 8 122 338 -216 4 36.09 25
LeedsW 7 364 38 326 14 957.89 100
WakefieldW 7 50 332 -282 0 15.06 0
RLFANS Recent Posts




X
::::::::