FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Ken, Are you reading?
Re: Ken, Are you reading? : Fri Jul 28, 2023 11:02 am  
Well this aged well, Knobs!!!
Re: Ken, Are you reading? : Fri Aug 04, 2023 9:14 pm  
SpainesRoadFartown wrote:

I had a moan when it was going crap but I was also the 1st to acknowledge that the staff & players had turned it round.

Another win tonight against a Cas team who imo will be the team to be relegated - regardless of the loan signing of Austin.

Huge credit to young Sam who came in for heavy criticism from our own coach with a fine hat trick tonight.

That's 4 wins on the trot for the Giants - we'llsee how far we've come next Sunday when we play Saints away.
Re: Ken, Are you reading? : Fri Aug 04, 2023 9:19 pm  
I am happy that the team have shown spirit and turned it around, but i am not going to suddenly change my mind on the lack of quality in our spine. Connor is now playing well and combinging with Lolohea well, as i've said on the Cas thread i think this run will continue for a while yet, but will fizzle out when we play quality sides who want it as much as we do due to that lack of quality, would love to be proved wrong :)
Re: Ken, Are you reading? : Wed Aug 09, 2023 12:25 pm  
looks like a lot of rebuilding been done for next season. i am hearing we have signed
Adam Swift
Andre Savellio and
Adam Clune

These are all decent players in positions that do need strengthening
i expect a lot of outgoings though with all of the below possible going
Mcgillvary
Pryce
Thages
O Brien
Jones
Trout
Ashworth
Mason
Ikahifho
McQueen

Of all those i would most like to see McQueen sign for 1 more year
Re: Ken, Are you reading? : Thu Aug 10, 2023 8:23 am  
the stella kid wrote:
looks like a lot of rebuilding been done for next season. i am hearing we have signed
Adam Swift
Andre Savellio and
Adam Clune

These are all decent players in positions that do need strengthening
i expect a lot of outgoings though with all of the below possible going
Mcgillvary
Pryce
Thages
O Brien
Jones
Trout
Ashworth
Mason
Ikahifho
McQueen

Of all those i would most like to see McQueen sign for 1 more year

I believe Ikahihifo signed a new 2 year deal last year, he's one I'd definitely keep, his impact off the bench is huge for us.
Re: Ken, Are you reading? : Thu Aug 10, 2023 8:51 am  
Clune looks a decent playmaker, partnered with Lolohea and with Connor at fullback thats a lot of the spine sorted. Nine is still a problem, Clune doesn't look like a running threat, so there is still no running threat in the middle of the park, would love us to sign someone with some pace or ability to break the line from the ruck. Look at what Ipape has done for Leigh this year. Nonetheless i'm happy we seem to have acquired a better standard of half than we currently have.
Re: Ken, Are you reading? : Thu Aug 10, 2023 9:55 am  
Who is Clune? I'm not familiar with the name
Re: Ken, Are you reading? : Thu Aug 10, 2023 11:33 am  
Hangerman2 wrote:
Clune looks a decent playmaker, partnered with Lolohea and with Connor at fullback thats a lot of the spine sorted. Nine is still a problem, Clune doesn't look like a running threat, so there is still no running threat in the middle of the park, would love us to sign someone with some pace or ability to break the line from the ruck. Look at what Ipape has done for Leigh this year. Nonetheless i'm happy we seem to have acquired a better standard of half than we currently have.

Imagine having Levi in that team, he'd be superb but sadly its not meant to be.
Re: Ken, Are you reading? : Thu Aug 10, 2023 2:21 pm  
Yettoner wrote:
Who is Clune? I'm not familiar with the name

Aussie half back who plays for Newcastle Knights. It is rumoured he has signed for the Giants despite interest from Leeds and Hull.
Re: Ken, Are you reading? : Fri Aug 18, 2023 10:39 pm  
SpainesRoadFartown wrote:

Who's the Knob now? Being impressed with missing the playoffs and losing to the vast majority of teams at home despite having the most resources available to any coach certainly since Nathan Brown would see most coaches sacked by now. All this on the back of 'We will regularly be competing with Saints'. Amazing how little our fans expect, a few wins against bottom of the table sides and you got excited. We are a poor side, that lacks pace has no decent hooker and a shocking half back combination. We are where we deserve to be in the league and it is one man's fault.
Previous