Mar 21 200519 years293rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
25th Mar 24 06:4526th Nov 23 10:41LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Salford it is : Sun Sep 11, 2022 10:49 am  
Hangerman2 wrote:
And yet watson was still talking him up and how he should be considered internationally. No clue at all, Salford showed what a running threat is, now that other sides have understood the very predictable way we attack and we have been forced to look to do something else our backline has been shown for what it is. A load of plodders who have no footwork, no speed and very little flair. No sign of a new half for next year either, we are sticking with Fages and Russell. The boring way we play was just about bearable when we were winning, it's just plain embarrassing now other sides have watched enough video to shut it down and watch us floundering around like fish out of water. He even wanted to keep King, who has been nothing but a plodder in every game he has played!

As for Salford what a shame that Croft won't play against Saints as he would have caused them some real problems, he is exactly the type of players we want but probably too creative for Watson, who just wants to run plays like an American football game, maybe he would be better coaching that game instead of this one.

Excellent post - Watson needs to give his head a wobble - he was creative when a player - now he has to abandon `the process` as it is so predictable.
RankPostsTeam
International Star588
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 17 201310 years247th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
26th Mar 24 22:1426th Mar 24 22:05LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Salford it is : Sun Sep 11, 2022 10:58 am  
jools wrote:
. If you’ve seen somewhere where he’s said something negative about wardle then I’ve missed it so I will apologise.
!

I wrote about this in a previous post. In the interview where he is asked about Wardle's future he compares him to King saying 'King is currently at international level, and Wardle is aspiring to be at that level' Well if that isn't a put down i don't know what is, Wardle IS the current international centre and King is not even in contention.

There have been warning signs for some time, our inability to convert chances in opposition 20, the number of tries scored by our forwards compared to our backs, how other sides are beating us with footwork through the middle of the park and pace out wide. What i am most concerned about is that there doesn't seem to be any movement to at least correct this for next year. If we don't sign a new half back, and at least two outside backs (more than Naiqama) we won't be troubling anyone next year.
jools 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach10464
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 09 201113 years172nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
13th May 23 05:1924th Dec 22 09:56LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
the future's bright the future's claret and gold

Re: Salford it is : Sun Sep 11, 2022 1:10 pm  
Hangerman2 wrote:
I wrote about this in a previous post. In the interview where he is asked about Wardle's future he compares him to King saying 'King is currently at international level, and Wardle is aspiring to be at that level' Well if that isn't a put down i don't know what is, Wardle IS the current international centre and King is not even in contention.

There have been warning signs for some time, our inability to convert chances in opposition 20, the number of tries scored by our forwards compared to our backs, how other sides are beating us with footwork through the middle of the park and pace out wide. What i am most concerned about is that there doesn't seem to be any movement to at least correct this for next year. If we don't sign a new half back, and at least two outside backs (more than Naiqama) we won't be troubling anyone next year.

Mmm wardle is aspiring to be where king has been- maybe not the best way of saying it I agree but actually not far wrong-
but given that would you have dropped leutele? would you have split up the Leroy / Jerry partnership that was up to that point working so well?
You are getting upset the day after our final game when we actually have no idea who we are signing. We still have the World Cup to come and there could be someone that catches the eye there too! We have potentially 9 players leaving and only 2 announced. Why don’t you save the angst until you know more rather than berating the club over speculation. If we are still in this situation come the start of the season then I may join you in the worry. But I think I’ll wait until I know a bit more.
RT might let something slip at the meeting on Wednesday- perhaps you should come along and express your views.
RankPostsTeam
International Star588
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 17 201310 years247th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
26th Mar 24 22:1426th Mar 24 22:05LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Salford it is : Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:58 pm  
I live up near Newcastle these days so that isn't an option! Still watch every game on giants TV and went to magic this year! You are probably right that it's an overreaction, but us Hudds fans put up with mediocrity far too easily and i think it has in the past been true of the club as a whole. Watson has made a rod for his own back by talking about being the 'new saints' and 'challenging every year for trophies' so now he is going to be held to a higher standard. He obviously has the full backing of Ken, and my worries are that with those resources available we don't have the backline to do anything like he is stating.

As for dropping leutele no i would not have dropped leutele i would have dropped Cudjoe for the CC final, yes he has been playing well , but he is the past, and has had his chances before. I said so before the game and i stand by it now. You have to look to the future, we chose him over Wardle and Wardle understandably took umbridge, He had just been selected for England and wasn't given a starting birth by his own club for the CC final, how would you feel about that?
RankPostsTeam
Fringe Player48No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 19 20213 years297th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
5th May 23 23:155th May 23 23:15LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Salford it is : Mon Sep 12, 2022 7:59 am  
The situation with Wardle has turned into something of a fiasco for the club.
Probably blame on both sides here, plus the customary agent, and the whole thing seems to be in limbo.
I'd like to think that we are just holding out for a decent fee and then we all move on.
In different circumstances this would be the time to confirm new signings and build hope and expectation for next year, but understandably that will be delayed now.
As for Mr Watson?
Hopefully one of the steps of his beloved 'process' is to analyse his own performance and reduce both dogma and hyperbole in future. Create a space for Leroy in the backroom staff and look forward to another exciting season for us all.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1480No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 17 200618 years299th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
12th Jan 24 07:0016th Apr 23 06:22LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Salford it is : Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:52 am  
jools wrote:
A very disappointing way to end the season. Gutting in fact. What’s more disappointing is that all this week (and previously) no one has bothered posting in the build up- but are posting all the dissatisfaction now.
At the start of the season we were tipped to finish out of the playoffs between 8-10th by all and to do nothing of note, so a top three finish, and a challenge cup final that we were within three minutes of clinching I’m sure most would have taken over that given the choice.
Yes it’s disappointing but I think we just overcooked in the middle of the year,and were going well until that defeat away at Cas which seemed to take the wind out of us-we were massively hit with injuries/suspensions at a time when there was a lot of upheaval at the club (wardle/king, players leaving etc) we lost our way.
We have time to regroup. And a full preseason ahead of us to work on some more creative stuff, the idea that Watson doesn’t play creative rugby we know isn’t right- because we know how salford played under Watson.
We don’t yet know the full extent of who is signed for next season- there will be more announcements to come, and just because it’s been said that recruitment is complete doesn’t mean we the fans know all. It just means the club does.
We might not do as well next season, who knows. I’ll still be getting my ticket and going to the games just like I did when they were bottom, and like I did when they were in the lower divisions. I guess we won’t be gaining any glory supporters this year. Hey Ho.

Conpletely agree. Massive step in the right direction this year. We paid the price of the CC run with our end of season form. I thought we look knackered for the last 2 months. We're not at the level yet to be competing for both, not many SL teams are, possibly only Wigan and Saints.

A great learning year for our young players we really have a great set of young forwards.

We'll really miss Ricky next year. Although if he was marquee money I'd rather that go on a half back.

Interested to see what happens on the recruitment front over the coming months. I'd imagine most of our players will be getting a rest over the international period.

Next year will be tough, Warrington, Leeds, Hull, KR and Leigh (in Toulouse place) will all be better than this year. Let's hope we have another good run and get a trip out to another final
RankPostsTeam
International Star4173No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 18 201311 years164th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
24th Mar 24 14:5924th Mar 24 10:35LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
实事求是!

Re: Salford it is : Mon Sep 12, 2022 10:36 am  
jools wrote:
Unbeaten at home by any team apart from saints/ and we easily beat salford the last time they came to our spot.

*Sentences written preceding unfortunate events* ^^^
Previous