FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

Current LIVE TV Match : Castleford Tigers 0 - 6 Leeds Rhinos LIVE ON SKY SPORTS Momirovski Try, Martin Goal
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Giants floored by Lino
RankPostsTeam
Moderator12488No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 07 200717 years204th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
13th Oct 23 16:277th Mar 23 15:21LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Huddersfield Giants 2013 over achievers

Huddersfield Giants 2014 under achievers ??????????

Re: Giants floored by Lino : Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:13 pm  
Durham Giant wrote:
I wish I lived in your world where everything is so simple . You also have a very good ability to mind read and interpret everything into your simplistic sound bites.

Regardless of what Watson said or did not say about the reason Gaskell pulled out please enlighten is with your knowledge as you always seem to know the inside track.

Was it a head injury issue that led to Gaskell pulling out. If not and it was a hamstring or quad or thigh injury I am happy to admit I was wrong.

In respect of Darnelll I can only go on what was being said including by his mother who in a now deleted post indicated he was going. Either way having that up in the air would more than likely effect someone. Although in your simplistic world you would adhere to the maxim “ he’s a professional and get on with it”

My view is equally as simplistic he is a good winger who is local and I would like to keep him. I also would not break the bank to keep a winger. As I have said before you spend money on your spine first. If we cannot then fair enough but we have had enough players leave who felt their opportunities were blocked . I believe that was the case with Dom young . If he is going then yes I would not play him and would unblock things to give someone else a chance.

In respect of other OOC players and those who are leaving I would judge each case on its merits. If we had a good half back who was blocked by sezer then yes I would be saying drop sezer and give the experience to the other player . But we don’t so their is no gain in not playing sezer. The same with Gaskell. But you already know that and you are just trying to invent things to support a point
jools 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach10464
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 09 201113 years171st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
13th May 23 05:1924th Dec 22 09:56LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
the future's bright the future's claret and gold

Re: Giants floored by Lino : Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:20 am  
Durham Giant wrote:
I wish I lived in your world where everything is so simple . You also have a very good ability to mind read and interpret everything into your simplistic sound bites.

Regardless of what Watson said or did not say about the reason Gaskell pulled out please enlighten is with your knowledge as you always seem to know the inside track.

Was it a head injury issue that led to Gaskell pulling out. If not and it was a hamstring or quad or thigh injury I am happy to admit I was wrong.

In respect of Darnelll I can only go on what was being said including by his mother who in a now deleted post indicated he was going. Either way having that up in the air would more than likely effect someone. Although in your simplistic world you would adhere to the maxim “ he’s a professional and get on with it”

My view is equally as simplistic he is a good winger who is local and I would like to keep him. If we cannot then fair enough but we have had enough players leave who felt their opportunities were blocked . I believe that was the case with Dom young . If he is going then yes I would not play him and would unblock things to give someone else a chance.

In respect of other OOC players and those who are leaving I would judge each case on its merits. If we had a good half back who was blocked by sezer then yes I would be saying drop sezer and give the experience to the other player . But we don’t so their is no gain in not playing sezer. The same with Gaskell. But you already know that and you are just trying to invent things to support a point

I honestly don’t believe you would drop sezer to play Russell.
You are talking rubbish. Hastings is off at the end of the year- you think there’s any chance wigan won’t play him if fit?
You do darnell and all our players a massive disservice if you think they can’t be professional about their jobs. With supporters like you I’m not surprised any decent players want out. In fact his head is going to be made more messed up by the kind of comments you’ve made rather than the fact he fancies trying a different team and seeing what it’s like elsewhere, coupled with a higher pay check. It’s clear you don’t want him so if he had any reservations after reading your comments he may have decided it’s the right thing to do.
Would you still be complaining if we are making room for say Dom manfredi I wonder.

P.s 8 of the players who played on Sunday are OOC this season- imagine if we don’t play any of them because they might happen to be moving on........
RankPostsTeam
Moderator12488No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 07 200717 years204th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
13th Oct 23 16:277th Mar 23 15:21LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Huddersfield Giants 2013 over achievers

Huddersfield Giants 2014 under achievers ??????????

Re: Giants floored by Lino : Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:19 am  
jools wrote:
I honestly don’t believe you would drop sezer to play Russell.
You are talking rubbish. Hastings is off at the end of the year- you think there’s any chance wigan won’t play him if fit?
You do darnell and all our players a massive disservice if you think they can’t be professional about their jobs. With supporters like you I’m not surprised any decent players want out. In fact his head is going to be made more messed up by the kind of comments you’ve made rather than the fact he fancies trying a different team and seeing what it’s like elsewhere, coupled with a higher pay check. It’s clear you don’t want him so if he had any reservations after reading your comments he may have decided it’s the right thing to do.
Would you still be complaining if we are making room for say Dom manfredi I wonder.

P.s 8 of the players who played on Sunday are OOC this season- imagine if we don’t play any of them because they might happen to be moving on........

There you go again inventing things in your head,

Did I say drop sezer No.

Did I. Say drop all the OOC players no .

I said I WOULD JUDGE EACH CASE IN ITS MERITS

I put it in in full capitals as for a teacher you seem to struggle with reading
What i said is that if we have a good upcoming player then we should play him .

If we are losing Darnell and the plan is to replace him with one of the seniors then we play a senior. If we cancel the loan with Wakey or Oldham then we do it. If the plan is to sign manfredi and we are not going to be looking at the seniors then we could keep Darnell on the wing until Manfredi comes . Somehow I don’t think he is coming so let us reward the players we are keeping as much as we can.

If we have someone who is capable of doing the job then promote them. Make them feel valued and they have a future at the club . Make the seniors think Huddersfield is my club, they want me and they are PLAYING me.

As for Russell being compared to Sezer that I something from your head not mine..

I don’t think Russell will be good enough prospect for the Giants in the halves so he would not be an option.

Finally I hope we are not signing Manfredi. Hooker / prop/ and replacing Sezer is the priority
jools 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach10464
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 09 201113 years171st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
13th May 23 05:1924th Dec 22 09:56LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
the future's bright the future's claret and gold

Re: Giants floored by Lino : Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:05 pm  
Durham Giant wrote:
There you go again inventing things in your head,

Did I say drop sezer No.

Did I. Say drop all the OOC players no .

I said I WOULD JUDGE EACH CASE IN ITS MERITS

I put it in in full capitals as for a teacher you seem to struggle with reading
What i said is that if we have a good upcoming player then we should play him .

If we are losing Darnell and the plan is to replace him with one of the seniors then we play a senior. If we cancel the loan with Wakey or Oldham then we do it. If the plan is to sign manfredi and we are not going to be looking at the seniors then we could keep Darnell on the wing until Manfredi comes . Somehow I don’t think he is coming so let us reward the players we are keeping as much as we can.

If we have someone who is capable of doing the job then promote them. Make them feel valued and they have a future at the club . Make the seniors think Huddersfield is my club, they want me and they are PLAYING me.

As for Russell being compared to Sezer that I something from your head not mine..

I don’t think Russell will be good enough prospect for the Giants in the halves so he would not be an option.

Finally I hope we are not signing Manfredi. Hooker / prop/ and replacing Sezer is the priority

If you are going to “judge each case on its merits” then you would need to be in possession Of all the information about recruitment for next season- which you don’t have- so you can’t possibly be in any position to make statements we should be dropping Darnell. Ps I’m perfectly able to read, and I’m not a teacher, but hey carry on with your non facts
Previous