WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Simon Woolford
Re: Simon Woolford Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:57 pm  

Fartown58 wrote:
Fartown58 Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Joined: Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:03 am
Posts: 143
Woolford gone. Can anyone please try and explain to me what is going on at our beloved club. Have they lost the plot or are they working to a master plan that only they know?
Also 3 players stood down for this and the Cas game due to track and trace protocols due to a Leeds player testing positive last week.
Re: Simon Woolford Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:14 pm  

User avatarDurham Giant wrote:
Durham Giant User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Mon May 07, 2007 8:25 pm
Posts: 11941
Location: Durham
Club is a joke
The whole season is a joke
Huddersfield Giants 2013 over achievers

Huddersfield Giants 2014 under achievers ??????????
Re: Simon Woolford Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:22 pm  

ANTWERP RED wrote:
ANTWERP RED Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2005 12:33 pm
Posts: 489
Location: Berlin , I'm not a wierdy beardy trust fund kid.
The Anti Social Medias Already Naming Danny Ward London Broncos coach as one of the Favourites.
I Remember When Sydney died of Sodomy in Singapore,
We Buried him the Cupboard.
Re: Simon Woolford Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:38 pm  

User avatarDurham Giant wrote:
Durham Giant User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Mon May 07, 2007 8:25 pm
Posts: 11941
Location: Durham
ANTWERP RED wrote:
The Anti Social Medias Already Naming Danny Ward London Broncos coach as one of the Favourites.



I would be happy with that
Huddersfield Giants 2013 over achievers

Huddersfield Giants 2014 under achievers ??????????
Re: Simon Woolford Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:39 pm  

User avatarBudgiezilla wrote:
Budgiezilla User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:24 pm
Posts: 8127
Location: Sefton Street, Leigh
Did Woolford want to go home early ? I doubt it very much....
"I know you've had a bad day, but there's no need to take it out on me"
Re: Simon Woolford Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:34 pm  
Onlyonekendavy Stevo's Armpit

Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:58 pm
Posts: 15
So after a week of folk crying about the club treating woolford so badly and hounding him out it appears that he has walked of his own accord.
However this is still the clubs fault?

People appalled by the fact that we haven’t moved heaven and earth for a coach that has lost more than he’d won.
A coach that saw us into a relegation battle until the last day of the season last year and a coach that has been fully supported in the transfer market this season yet we have near no chance of making the top 4 this year.

Some folk need to give their heads a shake.

Me however are right behind the club and would never doubt Mr Davy.
Re: Simon Woolford Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:22 am  
little wayne69 Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:45 pm
Posts: 4263
Onlyonekendavy wrote:
So after a week of folk crying about the club treating woolford so badly and hounding him out it appears that he has walked of his own accord.
However this is still the clubs fault?

People appalled by the fact that we haven’t moved heaven and earth for a coach that has lost more than he’d won.
A coach that saw us into a relegation battle until the last day of the season last year and a coach that has been fully supported in the transfer market this season yet we have near no chance of making the top 4 this year.

Some folk need to give their heads a shake.

Me however are right behind the club and would never doubt Mr davy.

Be a bit silly pointing out the injuries the club have endured the last couple of seasons then, although sometimes you can be blinded by nepotism.
Re: Simon Woolford Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:40 pm  

Crackerjack wrote:
Crackerjack Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2002 6:30 pm
Posts: 4908
Onlyonekendavy wrote:
So after a week of folk crying about the club treating woolford so badly and hounding him out it appears that he has walked of his own accord.
However this is still the clubs fault?

People appalled by the fact that we haven’t moved heaven and earth for a coach that has lost more than he’d won.
A coach that saw us into a relegation battle until the last day of the season last year and a coach that has been fully supported in the transfer market this season yet we have near no chance of making the top 4 this year.

Some folk need to give their heads a shake.

Me however are right behind the club and would never doubt Mr Davy.


I've given my head a shake mate but whilst you say he's been fully supported in the transfer market , the problems we've had with injured 1st choices doesn't do any good if they're not available and we've been dead " unlucky" on that score - or do you seriously believe his selections from available players were misguided.
We weren't doing badly until the Toronto game but there was no chance of a settled formation since then - or have you a different philosophy?
Forced to substitute for a new signed full back
Cover for Leroy
Joe injured for considerable period
No Ukuma Tai
Jerry missing a few
Sezer out for a few
Gaskell in and out
Now O Brien
Turner playing in various positions (plus others)
etc etc
Under those sort of circumstances I'd be amazed if Sean Wayne Holbrook or Paul Daniels himself would have been setting the League alight and WE supporters never know the whole inside story
Personally I always say with the best utility players available don't shuffle positions - just change the ones you have to - but
have to accept that idea is "old hat" in the modern game.

Bottom line I think with more 1st choices available - and at the same time - we could have been in closer contention but "lady luck" didn't want to play ball and his handcuffs were on a lot of the time.
The statement that it's " in the best interests of both parties" is in my mind a wonderful political cliche but when Covid and injury probs coincide I really think under those circumstances anyone would have struggled
Finally for the sake of 3 single points we lost 6 League points for whatever reasons which would have made a substantial difference to our league position - and most likely his position at the club.
But it wasn't to be - and now we will never know
NEXT PLEASE !!!
"[color=#800000]Huddersfield[/color] -[color=#FF8000]The Birthplace of Rugby League[/color]"
[color=#FF8000]They couldnt beat us[/color] -[color=#800000]so they joined[/color] !
Re: Simon Woolford Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:27 pm  

FartownFan57 wrote:
FartownFan57 Stevo's Armpit

Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:49 pm
Posts: 3
Think Woolford had us moving in the right direction,but as things stand with the Covid situation now anything could happen in terms of the hiring and firing.

Ken it would appear gets rid if they ask for too much,thinking of Brett Hodgson,and maybe Mamo.

Ken always said it’s was his ambition to win one of the two major trophies,right now we seem as far away as ever. It’s his club and his money,would anyone one else of his stature come in to run the club if he said he wanted to stand down?
Previous

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 25 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to Huddersfield Giants - claretandgold.co.uk


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
5,071,88763478,2214,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and fixtures and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
Please Support RLFANS.COM


YOU HAVE RL FIXTURES OFF
RLFANS Recent Posts