FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Salford game and looking forward.
RankPostsTeam
Fringe Player550No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 23 20213 years187th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
26th Dec 23 20:3427th Aug 23 15:47LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Salford game and looking forward. : Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:36 pm  
Well Marwan was asked about a return to rugby , and it being with Leigh ?He replied , he has a strong affection and love for Leigh , and then said would Derek have him ...?The interviewer then ask him to be serious and he replied , there was a 9 out of 10 chance he would be with Leigh .
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain3326
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 25 20159 years119th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
26th Mar 24 20:5826th Mar 24 00:26LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Salford game and looking forward. : Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:08 pm  
The Charlie Caroli wrote:
Well Marwan was asked about a return to rugby , and it being with Leigh ?He replied , he has a strong affection and love for Leigh , and then said would Derek have him ...?The interviewer then ask him to be serious and he replied , there was a 9 out of 10 chance he would be with Leigh .

Just to back you up on that Charlie (Good Evening, how are you? Well, Bongser trusts):

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/58304075

Just to back you up on that Charlie (Good Evening, how are you? Well, Bongser trusts):

RankPostsTeam
Fringe Player550No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 23 20213 years187th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Salford game and looking forward. : Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:38 pm  
Bent&Bongser wrote:

Good evening Bongser , yes I’m feeling good , I’ve had a bit of ill health , but have hopefully recovered now , thank you for asking .
Yesterday’s result did me a power of good , I heard the interview with both Marwan and Derek , which was very interesting , not just Marwan statements , but Derek gave a few hints as well, personally I feel this partnership would be great for Leigh , hopefully it will happen , we live in hope .
Bent&Bongser wrote:

Good evening Bongser , yes I’m feeling good , I’ve had a bit of ill health , but have hopefully recovered now , thank you for asking .
Yesterday’s result did me a power of good , I heard the interview with both Marwan and Derek , which was very interesting , not just Marwan statements , but Derek gave a few hints as well, personally I feel this partnership would be great for Leigh , hopefully it will happen , we live in hope .
J7P1 
RankPostsTeam
First Team Player291
JoinedServiceReputation
May 21 20204 years286th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
12th Mar 24 19:4312th Mar 24 19:43LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Salford game and looking forward. : Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:14 am  
How does the lack of news on recruitment fit in with the stated ambition of building a sustainable Super League club? The silence from the club is hardly encouraging for fans. Are we experiencing the repeat of a never ending cycle of hope? Give the fans some encouraging news about signings and they will show loyalty and contribute to sustainability by turning up through the gates.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain485No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 16 20159 years291st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
3rd Apr 22 07:4828th Mar 22 08:23LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Salford game and looking forward. : Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:33 am  
Leyther14 wrote:
That was very enjoyable. Let’s hope is is not as long between drinks before the next one.

Only 4 days this time Leyther
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain485No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 16 20159 years291st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Salford game and looking forward. : Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:07 am  

Hi good morning Charlie, glad to hear you are feeling much better from your ill health,
As I keep saying to myself "In't it gud gerrin owdwer - sarcastically", keep your pecker up mate!

But yeah what a tonic that was on Sunday, was you there? Overall we played really well, but I thought we spurned a few good opportunities when we had them on the rack deep in their half only to elect to kick for goal when awarded the penalties, Riugby League is all about territory for me and it is not often a team has the opportunity to begin a new set of 6 around the opponents 20, they should be taken to run the ball, especially early in the game it is different if it is late on, and how often do we see from the opposition's kick off a mistake being made deep inside the opponents half and 6 points result from it, as happened to us early on when we gave a forward pass on the second tackle from a kick off after we elected to kick at goal from a penalty and Salford scored 6 points from it, but anyway it all came good in the end.

As for the meeting of two great minds not to mention wallets, in Dezzy 'n the Doc (has ring to it that) I am over the moon about it, my massive hope and wish is now for the SL to increase the Salery Cap by a million or even double it, I am very optimistic that the Leyth public will buy into this and those who were in attendance only 4 years ago will return, not every one can stomach going to watch a losing team like us who have been going for half a century or more!
Seemed we picked up a few more injuries on Sunday and with not much recovery time till Thursday I hope we can do ourselves justice at Saints, only thing is those buggers have a habit of exploiting weak or unorganised defences, I hope Saints don't go and burst our bubble of euphoria we gained on Sunday, I would love us to finish the season of
with our heads held high, there are a lot of the player's trying to impress for next season, not only us but any future employer who may be showing interest, it is in their best interests to put a show on.

Again take care and keep well Charlie.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain287
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 26 20186 years291st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
1st Mar 24 13:1126th Feb 24 20:31LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Salford game and looking forward. : Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:46 am  
Harry Stottle wrote:
Hi good morning Charlie, glad to hear you are feeling much better from your ill health,
As I keep saying to myself "In't it gud gerrin owdwer - sarcastically", keep your pecker up mate!

But yeah what a tonic that was on Sunday, was you there? Overall we played really well, but I thought we spurned a few good opportunities when we had them on the rack deep in their half only to elect to kick for goal when awarded the penalties, Riugby League is all about territory for me and it is not often a team has the opportunity to begin a new set of 6 around the opponents 20, they should be taken to run the ball, especially early in the game it is different if it is late on, and how often do we see from the opposition's kick off a mistake being made deep inside the opponents half and 6 points result from it, as happened to us early on when we gave a forward pass on the second tackle from a kick off after we elected to kick at goal from a penalty and Salford scored 6 points from it, but anyway it all came good in the end.

As for the meeting of two great minds not to mention wallets, in Dezzy 'n the Doc (has ring to it that) I am over the moon about it, my massive hope and wish is now for the SL to increase the Salery Cap by a million or even double it, I am very optimistic that the Leyth public will buy into this and those who were in attendance only 4 years ago will return, not every one can stomach going to watch a losing team like us who have been going for half a century or more!
Seemed we picked up a few more injuries on Sunday and with not much recovery time till Thursday I hope we can do ourselves justice at Saints, only thing is those buggers have a habit of exploiting weak or unorganised defences, I hope Saints don't go and burst our bubble of euphoria we gained on Sunday, I would love us to finish the season of
with our heads held high, there are a lot of the player's trying to impress for next season, not only us but any future employer who may be showing interest, it is in their best interests to put a show on.

just let us know how a significant raise in the salary cap would benefit anyone
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain485No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 16 20159 years291st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Salford game and looking forward. : Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:43 pm  
Have you not been listening to all those who are saying a 'levelling down" is doing the game no good whatsoever, we even have some player's on as little as £15K per annum, I send that much in going in Holiday (well did when allowed), but can you not see how if the good Doc comes on board it will benefit Leigh in amassing a quality squad, after how ALL the SL clubs decided to safeguard their continuance in SL by withholding funding from whoever got the nod will not bother me one bit in Leigh having an advantage at the expense of other clubs.
If the Cap is raised clubs will only spend what they can afford, hopefully they will keep within their means.
RankPostsTeam
Fringe Player550No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 23 20213 years187th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Salford game and looking forward. : Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:04 pm  
Harry Stottle wrote:

Good afternoon Harry , thank you for your best wishes , I’m a lot better these days , still a bit unsteady on my feet , but that’s life .
I didn’t attend the Salford , more fool me , as I realised I missed a cracker , I will be at other games this season though , I did say I expected Leigh to win against Salford , and also said if they didn’t they would win the rest of the season , glad they won though .
I’m extremely positive about Marwan if he decides to come to Leigh , the Derek and Marwan show would be fantastic ,and it would get a lot of publicity , it is even now from opposing SL Clubs .
As has been stated with these 2 at the helm it would give positive vibes to all Leythers , who at the moment need good news.

I think the short turnaround won’t benefit us on Thursday, and being Saints it won’t help us , but I feel we can beat Hull KR and Wakey , this season , I’m not sure about the 3 outstanding fixtures , against Hull, Warrington , and Cas , we may even have 4 if the Cats game doesn’t happen , no wonder Derek is. Upset .
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain287
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 26 20186 years291st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
1st Mar 24 13:1126th Feb 24 20:31LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Salford game and looking forward. : Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:18 pm  
Harry Stottle wrote:
Have you not been listening to all those who are saying a 'levelling down" is doing the game no good whatsoever, we even have some player's on as little as £15K per annum, I send that much in going in Holiday (well did when allowed), but can you not see how if the good Doc comes on board it will benefit Leigh in amassing a quality squad, after how ALL the SL clubs decided to safeguard their continuance in SL by withholding funding from whoever got the nod will not bother me one bit in Leigh having an advantage at the expense of other clubs.
If the Cap is raised clubs will only spend what they can afford, hopefully they will keep within their means.

£15k a year on holidays, are you princess Eugenie, good luck to you

Think you have a short memory thinking clubs will not spend what they do not have.We have a long list of those.
.I think we should have an enforceable salary cap managed by an independent body.One that is crystal clear and easy to understand not with a multitude of caveats and exemptions as we have now with the club with the craftiest, imaginative accountants leading the way..Didn't your good dr try his variation of salary payments at Salford and came unstuck.
As a game surely we need to put money into the community to get people playing and watching again
PreviousNext