FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Salford game and looking forward.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain485No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 16 20159 years284th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
3rd Apr 22 07:4828th Mar 22 08:23LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Salford game and looking forward. : Tue Aug 24, 2021 3:01 pm  
satanicmills wrote:
£15k a year on holidays, are you princess Eugenie, good luck to you

Think you have a short memory thinking clubs will not spend what they do not have.We have a long list of those.
.I think we should have an enforceable salary cap managed by an independent body.One that is crystal clear and easy to understand not with a multitude of caveats and exemptions as we have now with the club with the craftiest, imaginative accountants leading the way..Didn't your good dr try his variation of salary payments at Salford and came unstuck.
As a game surely we need to put money into the community to get people playing and watching again

Firstly yes I agree with the imperfections of the cap we now run, it should be a set figure for all, secondly I did say in regards to clubs spending, that "Hopefully" they will not extend themselves beyond their limits obviously being well aware of previous financial shortfalls, so no memory lapse there.
You may have missed what I said in regard to a new structure and that is if we go back to Licencing - which I think is a very strong possibility - be it as SL alone or even Licencing 2 x 10's, that for the teams in SL they should be committal to what they will spend in a season as a pre requisite on any just if criteria that has to be adhered to over a certain figure they qualify for SL and it should be supplemented by the means of placing a bond, ifas team defaults on the spend they lose the bond , tge spend will be up to the cap limit, promotion of the club in its locality to get more fans back and even a set amount put away to spend each season on the amature game in the local community.
Does that satisfy?
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain287
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 26 20186 years284th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
1st Mar 24 13:1126th Feb 24 20:31LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Salford game and looking forward. : Tue Aug 24, 2021 4:44 pm  
Harry Stottle wrote:
Firstly yes I agree with the imperfections of the cap we now run, it should be a set figure for all, secondly I did say in regards to clubs spending, that "Hopefully" they will not extend themselves beyond their limits obviously being well aware of previous financial shortfalls, so no memory lapse there.
You may have missed what I said in regard to a new structure and that is if we go back to Licencing - which I think is a very strong possibility - be it as SL alone or even Licencing 2 x 10's, that for the teams in SL they should be committal to what they will spend in a season as a pre requisite on any just if criteria that has to be adhered to over a certain figure they qualify for SL and it should be supplemented by the means of placing a bond, ifas team defaults on the spend they lose the bond , tge spend will be up to the cap limit, promotion of the club in its locality to get more fans back and even a set amount put away to spend each season on the amature game in the local community.
Does that satisfy?

Sorry thats as clear as mud.Anything is possible at the moment it seems structure wise.
Who would give out the licences should they be independent from rl/sl. Is their any tv money who gets that the rl/sl or the independent controller do aii teams get the same share irrespective of how much they propose to spend
I have my licence and £1million in my bank.So I agree to pay players salaries of £750k.I agree to pay a joining fee of £ 100K as a bond..
Whats a just if criteria?
Where does the salary cap come in.
Ive got a million for my licence my opponent down the road has £2mill to spend on his licence and is prepared to spend all of it how does he go on
atomic 
RankPostsTeam
International Star6896
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 22 20159 years250th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
25th Mar 24 19:4622nd Feb 24 20:28LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

Re: Salford game and looking forward. : Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:20 am  
An increase in the cap will simply give player agents more scope to play with. Average/fringe players will cost double what they are now. Great for the players, not so good for the clubs.
RankPostsTeam
International Star2794
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 16 201311 years251st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Jun 23 08:5718th Jun 23 08:57LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Salford game and looking forward. : Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:37 pm  
satanicmills wrote:
just let us know how a significant raise in the salary cap would benefit anyone

Firstly, apologies for jumping on this question (as it wasn't directed to me).

1. Leigh would benefit massively if a) D.B has the funding alone or b) M.K joins D.B & shares the financial burden 50/50. I don't imagine that Salford, Wakey or Cas & possibly Hull K.R would be able to compere with Leigh if say the Salary Cap was raised by £1M - £2M !!!

2. Club's would be able to run with bigger squads & therefore be less affected by injuries. Toronto & Leigh both started their recents seasons with only 24/25 innthe squad & look how that turned out !

3. Club's who produce or unearth a top SL/NRL/International player have a little better chance of keeping that player from going to a) another club or b) the NRL !

4. British Club's might be abke to attract top drawer NRL stars who are a) not in decline or b) nearly 40 !!!

5. Club's with spending power will be able to go after better Marquee signings, possibly making themselves stronger than thisw who don't spend full Cap.

Clubs like Salford, Wakey, Cas & Huddersfield & Hull K.R won't want a significantly higher Salary Cap because very ambitious Clubs are likely to spend it & either finish higher than them (pushing them towards relegation) or straight replace them via licensing or promotion.

I don't go with the theory that agents & players will just inflate their prices/value, Super League club owners & Head Coaches know the value of players. Ryan Brierley or Richards don't suddenly become £150K a year players !!!

Bring it on, it will put the cat among the pigeons.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain255No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 10 20177 years267th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
3rd Oct 23 22:423rd Oct 23 22:39LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Salford game and looking forward. : Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:03 pm  
i like your post but i dont think negative milly will
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain287
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 26 20186 years284th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
1st Mar 24 13:1126th Feb 24 20:31LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Salford game and looking forward. : Sat Aug 28, 2021 8:16 pm  
Ste100Centurions wrote:
Firstly, apologies for jumping on this question (as it wasn't directed to me).

1. Leigh would benefit massively if a) D.B has the funding alone or b) M.K joins D.B & shares the financial burden 50/50. I don't imagine that Salford, Wakey or Cas & possibly Hull K.R would be able to compere with Leigh if say the Salary Cap was raised by £1M - £2M !!!

2. Club's would be able to run with bigger squads & therefore be less affected by injuries. Toronto & Leigh both started their recents seasons with only 24/25 innthe squad & look how that turned out !

3. Club's who produce or unearth a top SL/NRL/International player have a little better chance of keeping that player from going to a) another club or b) the NRL !

4. British Club's might be abke to attract top drawer NRL stars who are a) not in decline or b) nearly 40 !!!

5. Club's with spending power will be able to go after better Marquee signings, possibly making themselves stronger than thisw who don't spend full Cap.

Clubs like Salford, Wakey, Cas & Huddersfield & Hull K.R won't want a significantly higher Salary Cap because very ambitious Clubs are likely to spend it & either finish higher than them (pushing them towards relegation) or straight replace them via licensing or promotion.

I don't go with the theory that agents & players will just inflate their prices/value, Super League club owners & Head Coaches know the value of players. Ryan Brierley or Richards don't suddenly become £150K a year players !!!

Bring it on, it will put the cat among the pigeons.

Not negative just realistic.
You have only listed one of my points made to previous poster who seemed to have baffled himself in that he has not explained how his theory would work.Im still interested to hear as Im sure rl would be..
I dont think the solution is to give the players all the money as tough a game as its now become.
We have been down that road before and ended up in a mess thats why the cap was brought in.
Look what happened at Pies Bradford.We then got the Mrs Radlinski Fielden scenario and what the Dr tried to do at Salford.
Have a look on the Pies board the penny seems to be dropping that they are probably technically insolvent and they are meant to have one of the richest men in the country backing them.
The salary cap should be monitored independently. Every time I have tried to fathom it I find another get out clause probably drafted by some smart booty accountant. Dire must have the best unless you look what Johns was paid and the fella who came over this year who ended up what was it working in the community then they go and sign Williams..
Think I read will be a reserve league next year.No idea how thats going to be funded.
I would much sooner the club take a prominent position within the community with joined up thinking between the schools amateur teams colleges womens teams im not sure teams anyone who is interested in RL.. .
EVO105 
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain380No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 04 20168 years292nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
12th Sep 22 08:1318th Feb 22 11:03LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Salford game and looking forward. : Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:37 pm  
satanicmills wrote:
Not negative just realistic.
You have only listed one of my points made to previous poster who seemed to have baffled himself in that he has not explained how his theory would work.Im still interested to hear as Im sure rl would be..
I dont think the solution is to give the players all the money as tough a game as its now become.
We have been down that road before and ended up in a mess thats why the cap was brought in.
Look what happened at Pies Bradford.We then got the Mrs Radlinski Fielden scenario and what the Dr tried to do at Salford.
Have a look on the Pies board the penny seems to be dropping that they are probably technically insolvent and they are meant to have one of the richest men in the country backing them.
The salary cap should be monitored independently. Every time I have tried to fathom it I find another get out clause probably drafted by some smart booty accountant. Dire must have the best unless you look what Johns was paid and the fella who came over this year who ended up what was it working in the community then they go and sign Williams..
Think I read will be a reserve league next year.No idea how thats going to be funded.
I would much sooner the club take a prominent position within the community with joined up thinking between the schools amateur teams colleges womens teams im not sure teams anyone who is interested in RL.. .

Not just me then!
RankPostsTeam
International Star5113
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 23 201410 years80th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
29th Mar 24 00:2628th Mar 24 19:26LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Salford game and looking forward. : Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:15 pm  
The problem is that MK when at Salford produced a good squad albeit some were at the end of their careers but not a team hence they struggled. I am not sure that MK can keep out of dabbling with the team selection and he certainly wouldn’t be use to being a 50/50 owner.
I hope it works out for you but you wouldn’t want to sacrifice your current chairman for MK.
Previous