Mar 23 20213 years187th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
26th Dec 23 20:3427th Aug 23 15:47LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Losing Best Players : Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:30 am  
Budgiezilla wrote:
Charlie, here is a great recipe for Owl Soup, but using Pigeon or Chicken. :shock:

https://www.recipebinder.co.uk/recipes/shropshire-owl-soup/

Cheers Budge m anything to get my thoughts of the current season away from my mind .After a very dismal season and a little bit of sparkle at the end , I’m feeling relieved the season is nearly over, it’s been another painful SL experience .

Where we go from here is anybody’s guess , hopefully Derek will have the wisdom to take up Marwans offer , if he was serious , and we can return next year , more determined and focussed on what has to be done .

Myself , I’m feeling a bit pessimistic , and intend giving the Forum a winter rest , concentrating on my family , friends , and a happy peaceful winter .Hopefully returning next year fully recharged.
Budgiezilla wrote:
Charlie, here is a great recipe for Owl Soup, but using Pigeon or Chicken. :shock:

https://www.recipebinder.co.uk/recipes/shropshire-owl-soup/

Cheers Budge m anything to get my thoughts of the current season away from my mind .After a very dismal season and a little bit of sparkle at the end , I’m feeling relieved the season is nearly over, it’s been another painful SL experience .

Where we go from here is anybody’s guess , hopefully Derek will have the wisdom to take up Marwans offer , if he was serious , and we can return next year , more determined and focussed on what has to be done .

Myself , I’m feeling a bit pessimistic , and intend giving the Forum a winter rest , concentrating on my family , friends , and a happy peaceful winter .Hopefully returning next year fully recharged.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain485No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 16 20159 years291st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
3rd Apr 22 07:4828th Mar 22 08:23LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Losing Best Players : Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:18 am  
J7P1 wrote:
How did we get into this position? And what is going to be done about it? Very poor communication to the fans about what is going on. It is time to get fans onside with solid information about the plans ahead to achieve the stated objective of a sustainable Superleague club. We also need an update on Marwan’s plans.

Never mind a sustainable SL club, at this rate we will have a struggling middling to bottom of the table Championship club. What I don't understand is the club needs us supporters more than ever, if it was any other type of buisness we were paying into and recieved this shoddy treatment we would tell them to shove it where the sun don't shine, it really is a very poor show from Beaumont & Co, he will be moaning when the Season Ticket sales reach an all time low and it will all be of his own doing, there is only 4 weeks or so to the end of the season and lots of activity in the market place, all our activity is losing our best player's THOSE WHO THE CLUB DEEMED WERE GOOD ENOUGH TO WIN THE CHAMPIONSHIP, will we be able to replace them with any better player's with what will be available? I doubt it.
A few weeks ago I was feeling a bit brassed off with it,
Not long ago, I was pi55ed off, then Dr Koukash makes his announcement and I am feeling elated and imagining where it could take us,
Now with a complete lack of disregard of advise or information of any kind, I am getting really fcuked off with it all.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain255No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 10 20177 years274th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
3rd Oct 23 22:423rd Oct 23 22:39LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Losing Best Players : Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:02 am  
Harry Stottle wrote:
Never mind a sustainable SL club, at this rate we will have a struggling middling to bottom of the table Championship club. What I don't understand is the club needs us supporters more than ever, if it was any other type of buisness we were paying into and recieved this shoddy treatment we would tell them to shove it where the sun don't shine, it really is a very poor show from Beaumont & Co, he will be moaning when the Season Ticket sales reach an all time low and it will all be of his own doing, there is only 4 weeks or so to the end of the season and lots of activity in the market place, all our activity is losing our best player's THOSE WHO THE CLUB DEEMED WERE GOOD ENOUGH TO WIN THE CHAMPIONSHIP, will we be able to replace them with any better player's with what will be available? I doubt it.
A few weeks ago I was feeling a bit brassed off with it,
Not long ago, I was pi55ed off, then Dr Koukash makes his announcement and I am feeling elated and imagining where it could take us,
Now with a complete lack of disregard of advise or information of any kind, I am getting really fcuked off with it all.

with a million quid last season and a estimated 650 quid parachute payment the bank balance will look nice nice business for him go figure
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain485No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 16 20159 years291st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Losing Best Players : Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:22 am  
knockonknockon wrote:
with a million quid last season and a estimated 650 quid parachute payment the bank balance will look nice nice business for him go figure

If the shelves are bare, where does he go shopping? It is not a hard one.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain255No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 10 20177 years274th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Losing Best Players : Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:10 am  
Harry Stottle wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6JAJVAGC9M
Harry Stottle wrote:

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain485No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 16 20159 years291st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Losing Best Players : Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:57 pm  
knockonknockon wrote:

I don't think referring to music "For the hard of Thinking" really answers the question, one of the overriding arguments about collating a team together at the end of the season is that there is no one left to buy and those of any quality have secured contracts for next season, the best of the quality from our squad of this season have all commited to other clubs and in return we have sourced?????
Even if we do get the good Doc on board it will take a a big rise in the Salary Cap for his inclusion to make any difference,.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain255No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 10 20177 years274th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Losing Best Players : Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:33 pm  
Harry Stottle wrote:
I don't think referring to music "For the hard of Thinking" really answers the question, one of the overriding arguments about collating a team together at the end of the season is that there is no one left to buy and those of any quality have secured contracts for next season, the best of the quality from our squad of this season have all commited to other clubs and in return we have sourced?????
Even if we do get the good Doc on board it will take a a big rise in the Salary Cap for his inclusion to make any difference,.

you have kind of answerd your own questions now ask yourself were the money will be spent or how much will be spent hence the song its all about the money and it will be sitting nicely in the bank forget koukash at least next season anyway dont forget the money coming in from the £sales of the players going out as well like i said nice business ££££££££££££££££££££
also season tickets will be low next season as you predicted but you can still put your hand in the lucky bag and hope you get a good prize
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain485No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 16 20159 years291st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Losing Best Players : Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:17 pm  
knockonknockon wrote:
you have kind of answerd your own questions now ask yourself were the money will be spent or how much will be spent hence the song its all about the money and it will be sitting nicely in the bank forget koukash at least next season anyway dont forget the money coming in from the £sales of the players going out as well like i said nice business ££££££££££££££££££££
also season tickets will be low next season as you predicted but you can still put your hand in the lucky bag and hope you get a good prize

OK Knocker tell me where are the new recruits coming from, yes we have money in the bank but nowhere to spend it, and you may not realise but those player's who have moved on we will not get any money for they are all of contract meaning they can go and sign anywhere they please and Leigh get zilch.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain255No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 10 20177 years274th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Losing Best Players : Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:43 pm  
Harry Stottle wrote:
OK Knocker tell me where are the new recruits coming from, yes we have money in the bank but nowhere to spend it, and you may not realise but those player's who have moved on we will not get any money for they are all of contract meaning they can go and sign anywhere they please and Leigh get zilch.

example stotters if a player can get 80k for a new contract elsewere and we replace him with a player for 40k thats 40k saved just like that and a few more like that and its good business
RankPostsTeam
International Star2794
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 16 201311 years258th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Jun 23 08:5718th Jun 23 08:57LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Losing Best Players : Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:44 pm  
knockonknockon wrote:
you have kind of answerd your own questions now ask yourself were the money will be spent or how much will be spent hence the song its all about the money and it will be sitting nicely in the bank forget koukash at least next season anyway dont forget the money coming in from the £sales of players going out as well like i said nice business ££££££££££££££££££££

What £ from what "sales" of players going out ?
Leigh don't own any player's other than those on 2 year contracts *not many* & even those will have Super League & NRL clauses. So there won't be any money from sales as we can't sell what we do not own !
PreviousNext