RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
22 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Salford v Leigh
Re: Salford v Leigh Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:13 am  

User avatarJ7P1 wrote:
J7P1 User avatar
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Joined: Thu May 21, 2020 12:18 pm
Posts: 225
With most if not all of the Leigh squad on one year contracts it will be interesting to see how recruitment for next season is approached. This may reveal true ambition or may be hamstrung by not knowing definitely what division we will be in.
Re: Salford v Leigh Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:57 pm  

Harry Stottle Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:28 am
Posts: 465
atomic wrote:
I’ll ask the question too a business man. Would you have taken it on? The only way I would have taken it on is with prior knowledge of no relegation.


If this is the question I have not answered then I apologise in respect that I did not realise it was directed at me - Business Man, I have been retired for 10 years - but to answer your question
1. Yes that would be my respect.
2. Considering the application was an open invitation to apply to all the clubs below SL, I can't see that if 'No Relegation' was on offer that it could have been kept a secret, also I would not expect that Derek John Beaumont would have been given sole access to that offer.
Re: Salford v Leigh Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:15 pm  
knockonknockon Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:33 pm
Posts: 129
J7P1 wrote:
With most if not all of the Leigh squad on one year contracts it will be interesting to see how recruitment for next season is approached. This may reveal true ambition or may be hamstrung by not knowing definitely what division we will be in.


we will be in superleague 2 of ten teams
Re: Salford v Leigh Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:36 pm  

Harry Stottle Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:28 am
Posts: 465
knockonknockon wrote:
we will be in superleague 2 of ten teams


So you consider with a reduction of £15M per season from Sky SL clubs are going to sanction a share-out for 20 clubs compared to the present 12, even if the present share for the Championship and L1 was taken out of the equation it would still mean a reduction in Funding the SL clubs now recieve, they will never allow that will they?
Re: Salford v Leigh Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:40 pm  
knockonknockon Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:33 pm
Posts: 129
Harry Stottle wrote:
So you consider with a reduction of £15M per season from Sky SL clubs are going to sanction a share-out for 20 clubs compared to the present 12, even if the present share for the Championship and L1 was taken out of the equation it would still mean a reduction in Funding the SL clubs now recieve, they will never allow that will they?


https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/5610037/ ... tier-plan/
Re: Salford v Leigh Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:51 pm  

User avataratomic wrote:
atomic User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:07 pm
Posts: 6549
Harry Stottle wrote:
If this is the question I have not answered then I apologise in respect that I did not realise it was directed at me - Business Man, I have been retired for 10 years - but to answer your question
1. Yes that would be my respect.
2. Considering the application was an open invitation to apply to all the clubs below SL, I can't see that if 'No Relegation' was on offer that it could have been kept a secret, also I would not expect that Derek John Beaumont would have been given sole access to that offer.


Or a restructure? Do you have fairy’s at the bottom of your garden Harry?
Image
Re: Salford v Leigh Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:12 pm  

User avatarJ7P1 wrote:
J7P1 User avatar
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Joined: Thu May 21, 2020 12:18 pm
Posts: 225
knockonathon

That article is dated 19 Feb 2018

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/5610037/ ... tier-plan/
Re: Salford v Leigh Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:02 pm  
knockonknockon Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:33 pm
Posts: 129
J7P1 wrote:
knockonathon

That article is dated 19 Feb 2018

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/5610037/ ... tier-plan/


oops! sorry J1P7
Re: Salford v Leigh Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:27 pm  

Harry Stottle Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:28 am
Posts: 465
atomic wrote:
Or a restructure? Do you have fairy’s at the bottom of your garden Harry?


Good God man, so you pin all your hope's and aspirations that someone whispered into Derek's lughole or there is a restructure that is going to save us from this mess in which we find ourselves.
By the way who is the business man you were referring to, you wouldn't be referring to yourself with your 'wet finger in the air' strategy would you?
Re: Salford v Leigh Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:00 pm  

User avataratomic wrote:
atomic User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:07 pm
Posts: 6549
Harry Stottle wrote:
Good God man, so you pin all your hope's and aspirations that someone whispered into Derek's lughole or there is a restructure that is going to save us from this mess in which we find ourselves.
By the way who is the business man you were referring to, you wouldn't be referring to yourself with your 'wet finger in the air' strategy would you?


Do you know what’s comical about all this, is current SL owners will have to vote on the restructure. Who would vote in favour of relegating their own club? Now that’s a mess.

As for the business man. I quoted you. Which usually means,I’m asking you. As for the wet finger, give it to the fairies.. :D
Image
Previous

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: scrum, The Charlie Caroli and 149 guests

Quick Reply



Subject:
Message:

   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to Leigh Centurions


When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
RLFANS Match Centre
Fri 24th Sep
SL
LIVE
Warrington0-19Hull KR
NRL
LIVE
Souths36-16Manly
Thu 23rd Sep
SL RND: 26 Wigan0-8Leeds
Sun 19th Sep
SL RND: 25 Huddersfield42-24Leigh
CH RND: 22 Bradford22-36Whitehaven
CH RND: 22 Dewsbury21-14Oldham
CH RND: 22 Featherstone78-10Sheffield
CH RND: 22 Halifax10-12Batley
CH RND: 22 Swinton16-26Widnes
CH RND: 22 York30-22LondonB
L1 RND: 22 Doncaster31-10Hunslet
WSL RND: 16 St.HelensW52-0WiganW
WSL RND: 16 YorkW28-14CastlefordW
Sat 18th Sep
NRL RND: 27 Penrith8-6Parramatta
CH RND: 22 Newcastle12-82Toulouse
L1 RND: 22 Crusaders14-28Keighley
Fri 17th Sep
SL RND: 25 Leeds36-12Hull KR
SL RND: 25 Salford26-14St.Helens
SLRND: 25 Wakefield44-12Hull FC
SL RND: 25 Wigan12-8Catalans
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
National Rugby League 2021 ROUND : 25
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Canberra 1 30 12 18 2
Cronulla 1 32 18 14 2
Brisbane 1 16 24 -8 0
Gold Coast 1 6 19 -13 0
Canterbury 1 16 32 -16 0
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Super League XXVI ROUND : 25
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Catalans 23 688 398 290 38 172.86 82.61
St.Helens 21 548 229 319 32 239.30 76.19
Warrington 21 588 354 234 31 166.10 73.81
Wigan 25 387 385 2 30 100.52 60
Leeds 24 556 440 116 26 126.36 54.17
Hull KR 20 497 458 39 20 108.52 50
 
Castleford 23 439 552 -113 22 79.53 47.83
Hull FC 21 409 476 -67 17 85.92 40.48
Huddersfield 24 460 516 -56 18 89.15 37.50
Wakefield 24 482 548 -66 18 87.96 37.50
Salford 22 402 586 -184 14 68.60 31.82
Leigh 22 356 870 -514 4 40.92 9.09
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Championship 2021 ROUND : 20
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Toulouse 13 616 112 504 26 550 100
Featherstone 19 817 254 563 34 321.65 94.74
Halifax 19 512 323 189 26 158.51 68.42
Bradford 18 483 455 28 24 106.15 66.67
LondonB 18 504 499 5 21 101 63.89
Batley 19 525 370 155 24 141.89 63.16
 
Whitehaven 20 447 496 -49 21 90.12 52.50
York 19 470 455 15 16 103.30 42.11
Widnes 19 458 509 -51 15 89.98 39.47
Newcastle 18 381 521 -140 13 73.13 36.11
Sheffield 18 382 553 -171 13 69.08 36.11
Dewsbury 19 308 570 -262 13 54.04 34.21
Oldham 19 270 691 -421 5 39.07 13.16
Swinton 20 354 719 -365 3 49.24 7.50
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred League One 2021 ROUND : 22
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Barrow 17 596 275 321 27 216.73 79.41
Workington 15 471 310 161 21 151.94 70
Doncaster 18 503 400 103 24 125.75 66.67
Keighley 19 640 399 241 25 160.40 65.79
Crusaders 18 553 438 115 22 126.26 61.11
Hunslet 19 572 466 106 20 122.75 52.63
 
Rochdale 17 505 488 17 17 103.48 50
Coventry 17 407 460 -53 12 88.48 35.29
LondonS 18 292 577 -285 7 50.61 19.44
West Wales 18 208 896 -688 1 23.21 2.78
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Womens Super League 2021 ROUND : 9
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
St.HelensW 7 370 36 334 12 1,027.78 85.71
WiganW 6 222 64 158 10 346.88 83.33
YorkW 6 186 102 84 8 182.35 66.67
CastlefordW 6 166 96 70 8 172.92 66.67
BradfordW 8 158 264 -106 6 59.85 37.50
Hudds W 7 104 288 -184 4 36.11 28.57
 
Wire W 8 150 334 -184 4 44.91 25
FeatherstoneW 8 122 338 -216 4 36.09 25
LeedsW 7 364 38 326 14 957.89 100
WakefieldW 7 50 332 -282 0 15.06 0
RLFANS Recent Posts




X
::::::::