WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Statement from owner

Board index Championship Leigh Centurions Statement from owner

Statement from owner Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:49 am  
CHEADLE LEYTHER Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:00 am
Posts: 463
Derek has released a statement, which understandably indicates we won’t be competing in the new R.F.L. manufactured competition, which now seems to be a straight shootout between Batley and Bradford, instead promising a good tilt at promotion and Wembley next season. Any season ticket holder can claim a credit note against next season by making a claim by this Friday, or help the club by forfeiting this season like myself.
Re: Statement from owner Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:35 am  
The Phantom Horseman Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:55 pm
Posts: 657
CHEADLE LEYTHER wrote:
Derek has released a statement, which understandably indicates we won’t be competing in the new R.F.L. manufactured competition.


That's not what he actually says though is it?

"in order for me to make a decision on whether to enter the competition, (which I believe should not be optional as if you’re able to work you shouldn’t be able to furlough) and more significantly enable John to make the signings of existing and new players where required, I need to know the position of fans and sponsors that would seek a refund"


The way he puts it, both participation is the end-of-season comp and spending for next season are dependent on how many season-ticket holders email in asking for a refund.
Re: Statement from owner Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:43 am  

User avatarmaurice wrote:
maurice User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2002 4:26 pm
Posts: 16461
Location: A rose between 2 thorns
The Phantom Horseman wrote:
That's not what he actually says though is it?

"in order for me to make a decision on whether to enter the competition, (which I believe should not be optional as if you’re able to work you shouldn’t be able to furlough) and more significantly enable John to make the signings of existing and new players where required, I need to know the position of fans and sponsors that would seek a refund"


The way he puts it, both participation is the end-of-season comp and spending for next season are dependent on how many season-ticket holders email in asking for a refund.


Which is pretty obvious, if the club or any other, had to refund ÂŁ300k of season ticket money it would have a huge effect on 2021
Re: Statement from owner Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:55 pm  

User avatarBudgiezilla wrote:
Budgiezilla User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:24 pm
Posts: 8156
Location: Sefton Street, Leigh
CHEADLE LEYTHER wrote:
Derek has released a statement, which understandably indicates we won’t be competing in the new R.F.L. manufactured competition, which now seems to be a straight shootout between Batley and Bradford, instead promising a good tilt at promotion and Wembley next season. Any season ticket holder can claim a credit note against next season by making a claim by this Friday, or help the club by forfeiting this season like myself.


We are now ! :shock:
"I know you've had a bad day, but there's no need to take it out on me"
Re: Statement from owner Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:57 pm  

Mr Dog wrote:
Mr Dog Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 10:08 pm
Posts: 1201
Location: Not there
Re: Statement from owner Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:28 am  

User avatarmaurice wrote:
maurice User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2002 4:26 pm
Posts: 16461
Location: A rose between 2 thorns
Looks like the other clubs put the start back to keep furlough coming in

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 63 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to Leigh Centurions


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
5,086,1601,37178,2924,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and fixtures and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
Please Support RLFANS.COM


YOU HAVE RL FIXTURES OFF
RLFANS Recent Posts


Visit the RLFANS.COM SHOP
for more merchandise!



X