Jun 07 200519 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
17th Jan 21 18:172nd Apr 20 17:40LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Leigh vs Sheffield : Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:57 am  
Greg Florimos Boots wrote:
One thing Ive not really seen mentioned but normally plays a part in blow out scores like this is that Leigh played their last game on Friday against a pretty average Dewsbury team having a comfortable win where as Sheffield had a last minute defeat in a very tough game 2 days later. Its understated how big an impact that has on part time players.

As for Fax having a long season, I will let our results dictate that rather than other teams results against teams we have played. :D

A day extra doesn’t give a team that big an advantage,as for playing an average Dewsbury team ,I think Dews will do ok this season , they gave us a hard first half and will do some damage to a few teams this season.Whilst I agree about part time and full time players,Sheff will probably be a bottom half Championship side this season ,but our Pack was very good yesterday, as was the Pack that replaced them later in the game,we now have 4 big props , 4or 5 big mobile second rows, and Addy performing well at 13.I think JD now realises the quality he has at his disposal and will use it wisely .
As for Fax..?I predicted a struggle , and after reading match reports I see no reason to change my prediction.Being based on the majority of the squad being a year older than last season , no quality added to the squad, and relying on Hudds for DRs.Todays game at Fev will be a yardstick , providing the weather relents,the game is on Our League tonight if it is played , I’m sure it will be worth watching . :thumb:
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach13012No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 07 200519 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Leigh vs Sheffield : Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:06 am  
Cokey wrote:
I thought you were going to tell us again we have an average pack. :lol: :lol:

I was hoping to see ya yesterday Derek,hope you are well.?That pack performance yesterday was good to put it mildly,Gerrard and Bienek look like the Kray twins and will take some stopping in full flight, add to that Mason , it was Ioanes first game , and Spencer fit ,the front row looks good , with Hoody and Wildie again good exchanges.
Higgy acknowledged the pack after the game , he took his 3tries well and Reynolds seems to a changed bloke, I love a Ian Thornly though, big lad strong runner.
Last season I was happy to see the end of , but I can’t wait for a Sunday, it will give us a true test of where we are.See ya soon. :thumb:
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2950No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 25 200915 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
1st Aug 23 19:5321st Apr 23 23:53LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Am I Rugby Leagues Adrian Durham?

Re: Leigh vs Sheffield : Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:22 am  
One word. Clinical! In recent years when we have raced into a quick early lead we have allowed sides to get back into the game. What impresses most is the desire of the team to keep their foot on the neck of the opponent and not allow to get up off the floor. That pack will dominate most sides this season giving a platform for the backs to rack up the tries. Special mentions to Ioane and Glohe who very very good on their home debuts. Also how big is Bienek! That lad would scare a police horse.
Cokey 
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner21088
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 19 201113 years59th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Apr 24 05:4316th Apr 24 17:47LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Across The Universe....... Jai guru deva om - Nothings gonna change my world.
Signature

Re: Leigh vs Sheffield : Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:27 pm  
charlie caroli wrote:
I was hoping to see ya yesterday Derek,hope you are well.?That pack performance yesterday was good to put it mildly,Gerrard and Bienek look like the Kray twins and will take some stopping in full flight, add to that Mason , it was Ioanes first game , and Spencer fit ,the front row looks good , with Hoody and Wildie again good exchanges.
Higgy acknowledged the pack after the game , he took his 3tries well and Reynolds seems to a changed bloke, I love a Ian Thornly though, big lad strong runner.
Last season I was happy to see the end of , but I can’t wait for a Sunday, it will give us a true test of where we are.See ya soon. :thumb:

Hi Ian, Yes i'm well thanks,hope you are too. Excellent performance yesterday and i'm feeling more confident now. I stayed in the Centurion pub yesterday, but i do pop in the Legends now and again. Had a good sesh yesterday and feeling a bit rough......I think i need a drink. :) :CHEERS: :DRUNK: See ya soon.
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member13026
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 21 200222 years290th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
4th Feb 24 22:303rd Feb 24 19:22LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

Re: Leigh vs Sheffield : Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:55 pm  
Top performance from the lads yesterday.We`ve finally got a Big mobile pack who look good going forward but also immense in defence.Looking forward to the York game on Sunday.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain347
JoinedServiceReputation
May 11 20159 years302nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
14th Apr 24 17:1114th Apr 24 17:11LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Leigh vs Sheffield : Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:20 pm  
Think we played with an immense amount of speed and control at times and the whole squad played their parts very well.

I'd agree that we did switch off for moments in the first and second halves, especially after the biff and binning of Ben there was the usually massive defensive set but I think that amount of aggression coupled with it being close to half time things can be forgiven for coming off the gas, especially being so far up by then.

People around me were clambering for more dynamism and risk to be taken and from a scoreline point of view I can understand that, rather than the sometimes safe and "negative" rugby (kick to touch etc) that we saw but I'm not particularly meithered about that.

The same Sheffield players who pushed us close last season still stood out, including Ward and his general shithousery.

A very promising start to the season.
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member13026
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 21 200222 years290th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
4th Feb 24 22:303rd Feb 24 19:22LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

Re: Leigh vs Sheffield : Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:40 pm  
I don`t mind the kicking out to touch even with a commanding lead,it`s called game management and something we`ve been sadly lacking in previous years,it shows a more structured mentality IMO.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach13012No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 07 200519 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Leigh vs Sheffield : Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:20 pm  
Deeeekos wrote:
Think we played with an immense amount of speed and control at times and the whole squad played their parts very well.

I'd agree that we did switch off for moments in the first and second halves, especially after the biff and binning of Ben there was the usually massive defensive set but I think that amount of aggression coupled with it being close to half time things can be forgiven for coming off the gas, especially being so far up by then.

People around me were clambering for more dynamism and risk to be taken and from a scoreline point of view I can understand that, rather than the sometimes safe and "negative" rugby (kick to touch etc) that we saw but I'm not particularly meithered about that.

The same Sheffield players who pushed us close last season still stood out, including Ward and his general shithousery.

A very promising start to the season.

For me one stand out player Sheff Have is Gudzek,he played in centre yesterday but normally is a full back, I thought he is a decent player.
Previous