FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Expectations!
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2794No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 10 200618 years315th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
2nd May 23 12:223rd Nov 22 12:26LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Expectations! : Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:42 am  
Look back at some posts fropm befor the start of the season 80% of people on here expected us just to make the play off with the squad we have, people were happy that we would have a learning season with our young team.

Now 7 games in won 3 bonus points in the other 2 and 6th in the league its a disaster relegations on the cards we arn't good enough the coach is crap we need to spend etc etc etc.

Typical Leythers short memories! who really cares what happens this season? Like I always say you either want to go to games and support the team or you don't.

The guy stood in front of us last night slagged the players off from minute 1, whats the point in going if your gonna do that.

Keep the faith
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach867No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 10 200717 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
6th Jul 09 11:001st Jan 70 00:00LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Karl Pryce's biggest problem is that he lacks heart or a pair of bollox. It's ok though because their Leon will just go and get him a new pair.

Re: Expectations! : Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:51 am  
WHERESYERBALL wrote:
Look back at some posts fropm befor the start of the season 80% of people on here expected us just to make the play off with the squad we have, people were happy that we would have a learning season with our young team.

Now 7 games in won 3 bonus points in the other 2 and 6th in the league its a disaster relegations on the cards we arn't good enough the coach is crap we need to spend etc etc etc.

Typical Leythers short memories! who really cares what happens this season? Like I always say you either want to go to games and support the team or you don't.

The guy stood in front of us last night slagged the players off from minute 1, whats the point in going if your gonna do that.

Keep the faith

Post of the season!!

Well said
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2727No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 16 200618 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
10th Jul 09 16:111st Jan 70 00:00LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
On a crusade to return Leigh Centurions to their traditional colours of Cherry & White.

Re: Expectations! : Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:55 am  
WHERESYERBALL wrote:

Keep the faith

I was sat in the West stand and from the very first whistle there were two or three that were moaning before we had even completed at set. I ended up moving to another seat. These type of people just spoil the game for me and others. When one bloke told them to stop moaning, they started on him telling him they've payed their money and have every right to moan. Why can't they just moan under their breath and do us all a favour??
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1429No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 19 200717 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
17th Aug 17 14:289th Jul 17 12:24LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Expectations! : Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:13 am  
RealCherry&Whites wrote:
I was sat in the West stand and from the very first whistle there were two or three that were moaning before we had even completed at set. I ended up moving to another seat. These type of people just spoil the game for me and others. When one bloke told them to stop moaning, they started on him telling him they've payed their money and have every right to moan. Why can't they just moan under their breath and do us all a favour??

I feel for the club when you hear about things like this.
You have to wonder what issues folks have in thier lives that they want to spend money to make themselves happy by being miserable.
Imagine going to the cinema or theatre and some person next you starts giving verbal to the actors.
But because its sport, somehow they are allowed to abuse thier victims becuase they have "paid" to do it.

Its sick really.

Perhaps I can "pay" to come round to your house and give you a piece of my mind....or worse.

With people like that around, no wonder there isn't the confidence in the club to engage with supporters properly.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 13 200915 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
24th Apr 09 21:471st Jan 70 00:00LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Expectations! : Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:19 am  
WHERESYERBALL wrote:

Keep the faith

Ur rite!!! there was a bloke at back of me who was slating the players and going ape...then we scored n he was shoutin....y didnt u get it under sticks u p****s!! thats gna really make um play better!!!!
RankPostsTeam
International Chairman33727No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 22 200222 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
31st May 22 15:3626th May 22 09:16LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Expectations! : Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:11 am  
RealCherry&Whites wrote:

Could be worse, you could have been stood next to the drums in the North Stand :oops: :twisted:
ColD 
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member6997No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 22 200222 years269th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
21st May 24 06:417th May 24 06:59LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Onwards and upwards - LTID

Re: Expectations! : Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:15 am  
Leyther_Matt wrote:
Could be worse, you could have been stood next to the drums in the North Stand :oops: :twisted:

Or the South Stand - unfortunately the Fev fan had plenty to bang about.
ryan 
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner731No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 30 200221 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
22nd Jun 18 22:092nd Jul 17 17:18LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

: Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:55 am  
Watched the game again when i got in last night and did not think we played as bad as some people at the game made out.We play dumb rugby at times, 1st half we were forcing the pass when we did not need to. We were only 2 points down and were playing as though its the last minute of the game and need to score a try.We let Fev off the hook 3 or 4 times in 1st half. Second half 1st set of 6 knock on and they go and score, last 2 minutes of game Sam Reay runs towards touch and gets dragged in, they go and score costing us a bonus point.These are little things that need sorting and i think we could be a decent team.We have just played are 4th game in 2 weeks, SL teams would be moaning if played that many and were part time.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach175No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 28 200915 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
5th Nov 11 00:021st Jan 70 00:00LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Expectations! : Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:07 am  
WHERESYERBALL wrote:

Keep the faith

Great post UNFORTUNATLEY when you take your rose tinted glasses off and look at our fixture list we have a lot of tough games ahead and althouugh i want to stick with youngsters we are in real danger of relegation REAL danger and like you said with the fickle fans we have that spells real danger!!!

I think thats what some of these fans are worried about!! I watched the game again last night and we didnt look that bad a few mistakes in silly areas and you pay the price BUT and i will say it again relegation would kill us and looking at the upcoming fixtures it starts to become a reality!!!

SO yeah get behind the team readjust your expectations but c`mon board and players we cant afford relegation at money or playing level!!
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member3107No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 22 200222 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
17th Mar 15 13:421st Mar 13 12:32LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
littlerich wrote:
Widnes will be glad to get away from Leigh. They've been regularly pumped, roasted and left in the alley-way by the lobbygobblers. Talk about being bitched - what a torrid time they've had. They'll be looking for some A&E rest time for the next three years at least.

: Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:12 am  
ryan wrote:
Watched the game again when i got in last night and did not think we played as bad as some people at the game made out.We play dumb rugby at times, 1st half we were forcing the pass when we did not need to. We were only 2 points down and were playing as though its the last minute of the game and need to score a try.We let Fev off the hook 3 or 4 times in 1st half. Second half 1st set of 6 knock on and they go and score, last 2 minutes of game Sam Reay runs towards touch and gets dragged in, they go and score costing us a bonus point.These are little things that need sorting and i think we could be a decent team.We have just played are 4th game in 2 weeks, SL teams would be moaning if played that many and were part time.

Here here.

Armistead knocking the ball on when trying to play it. Hobson doing exactly the same. 10 metres out on the last tackle and instead of putting a kick in, the player just runs it into a ruck of Fev players. The number of times we had Fev penned in their own half but we let them break the line and gain 50 metres on the 4th or 5th tackle. All these plus many others mentioned by people on here. These are the stupid mistakes that we make every single week that cost us the majority of games that we lose.
It's got to stop.

I'm sure Neil Kelly doesn't coach the players into making these daft mistakes. We've been making them for years now. So what is the root of the problem?
Next