FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Expectations!
RankPostsTeam
International Chairman33727No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 22 200222 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
31st May 22 15:3626th May 22 09:16LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Expectations! : Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:12 am  
thudder wrote:
Great post UNFORTUNATLEY when you take your rose tinted glasses off and look at our fixture list we have a lot of tough games ahead and althouugh i want to stick with youngsters we are in real danger of relegation REAL danger and like you said with the fickle fans we have that spells real danger!!!

Every game is a tough game in this league. Reading the Fev forum before the game yesterday, a lot of them weren't confident of victory, despite our good form - the number of close games we've had this year (including last night despite the lack of a bonus point) shows how tight the Championship is and I think each one of our upcoming games could go either way, depending on which Leigh side turns up.
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member16250
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 16 200222 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
24th Feb 20 07:4014th Feb 20 10:59LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
2015 - major missed opportunity, 2016 - stronger teams = harder task (no problem there then), 2017 - OMG What now!!!

: Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:19 am  
Thats Matt refusing to take his rose coloured specs off. :lol:
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach175No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 28 200915 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
5th Nov 11 00:021st Jan 70 00:00LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Expectations! : Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:22 am  
Leyther_Matt wrote:
Every game is a tough game in this league. Reading the Fev forum before the game yesterday, a lot of them weren't confident of victory, despite our good form - the number of close games we've had this year (including last night despite the lack of a bonus point) shows how tight the Championship is and I think each one of our upcoming games could go either way, depending on which Leigh side turns up.

Completely agree but with them fine margins we could go either way ?? This maybe questions our youth idea when games are that close and you need steady heads?? We should have definately beaten Batley at home and i think have been capable of wins over Barrow and Fev. The other thing we dont seem capable of doing is stopping teams getting bonus points off us or us getting bonus points in losses(aka Last night!!) These bonus points will be crucial at the end of the season believe me.
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member4146
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 17 200222 years304th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Apr 22 17:211st Apr 22 12:30LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
She carries on through it all......
She's a Waterfall

Re: Expectations! : Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:49 am  
thudder wrote:
Completely agree but with them fine margins we could go either way ?? This maybe questions our youth idea when games are that close and you need steady heads?? We should have definately beaten Batley at home and i think have been capable of wins over Barrow and Fev. The other thing we dont seem capable of doing is stopping teams getting bonus points off us or us getting bonus points in losses(aka Last night!!) These bonus points will be crucial at the end of the season believe me.

I think (some) Leigh fans underestimate this seasons Fev team. We're NOT the finished article but we are possibly the best Fev team in the last ten seasons. Now the base line comparison is not that cracking given our performances in the last 10 years. But under Daryl Powell we have improved each week and are developing an effective co-hesion and have the fitness and skills to beat more teams than are being credited for at the Mo. I'm quite happy for other teams to remain in that mind-set TBH!!
But just as a sense of balance, If my comments above are correct, I think the talk, nay hysteria about relegation and/or poor efforts by Leigh players may be greatly unfair.
RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 22 200222 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

: Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:55 pm  
DemonUK wrote:
Thats Matt refusing to take his rose coloured specs off. :lol:

Not at all. Even with last night's scoreline, it was only the late try that give it such a lop-sided look. Granted, I don't think we're playing well enough to deserve to win such games, but bar the Toulouse game, we're keeping things tight enough to be in with a shout in the late stages.
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member16250
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 16 200222 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
24th Feb 20 07:4014th Feb 20 10:59LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
2015 - major missed opportunity, 2016 - stronger teams = harder task (no problem there then), 2017 - OMG What now!!!

: Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:15 pm  
Leyther_Matt wrote:
Not at all. Even with last night's scoreline, it was only the late try that give it such a lop-sided look. Granted, I don't think we're playing well enough to deserve to win such games, but bar the Toulouse game, we're keeping things tight enough to be in with a shout in the late stages.

Well in that case I will only enter the stadium when there is 10 minutes left. Fev took there foot off the gas a little but when they needed to score to deny us the bonus point they found it easy.

Are you really happy with us being in with a shout in most games. I'd rather be two or three scores ahead not behind with 15 to go. The knock on 20 seconds into the second half was the game breaker. The teams heads instantly went down for the next 30 minutes, where is the leader, the motivator. If they are only fit enough to play 50 minutes of the 80 at least make it the last 50 not the first 50. Another poop game, and even though I still go, I am now seeing it as a waste of my money and time. The question is how long am I prepared to still go considering how I am seeing my time supporting what could now, generally be described as the worst run club in the rugby world. Also it would appear the club with no ambitions or objectives in place. I can hear it now "oh you're not a true supporter"...well I am a true supporter but I am also a realist.

In theory clubs are treading water for the next couple of years and I figured one or two might start struggling to keep their heads above water after the first year.......looks like we are the first to start drowning in a sea of mediocrity, poor organisation and worst of all complete indifference to the fans. The fans being the ones who could help them out of this.
RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 22 200222 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

: Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:33 pm  
DemonUK wrote:
Well in that case I will only enter the stadium when there is 10 minutes left. Fev took there foot off the gas a little but when they needed to score to deny us the bonus point they found it easy.

Are you really happy with us being in with a shout in most games. I'd rather be two or three scores ahead not behind with 15 to go. The knock on 20 seconds into the second half was the game breaker. The teams heads instantly went down for the next 30 minutes, where is the leader, the motivator. If they are only fit enough to play 50 minutes of the 80 at least make it the last 50 not the first 50. Another poop game, and even though I still go, I am now seeing it as a waste of my money and time. The question is how long am I prepared to still go considering how I am seeing my time supporting what could now, generally be described as the worst run club in the rugby world. Also it would appear the club with no ambitions or objectives in place. I can hear it now "oh you're not a true supporter"...well I am a true supporter but I am also a realist.

In theory clubs are treading water for the next couple of years and I figured one or two might start struggling to keep their heads above water after the first year.......looks like we are the first to start drowning in a sea of mediocrity, poor organisation and worst of all complete indifference to the fans. The fans being the ones who could help them out of this.

I agree in part with that, but we played some great rugby at times in the first half, so it certainly isn't limited to when we're a few scores behind.

Of course I'd rather be a few scores ahead, but fact is Fev are a better side than us - teams go through cycles of success, and after ten years of being one of the top dogs in this league, it's our turn to be mid-table for a couple of seasons while other clubs enjoy their moments in the sun.
ian c 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7339No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 20 200717 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
7th Jan 19 10:3114th Jul 17 08:06LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Expectations! : Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:41 pm  
Leyther_Matt wrote:
Could be worse, you could have been stood next to the drums in the North Stand :oops: :twisted:
Glad i was at work now matt it probably was less of a pain on the ears :lol:
Previous