FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Crunch Time!!!!!
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1878No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 20 200717 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
23rd Feb 13 11:4114th Mar 12 20:27LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:24 pm  
POPMAN wrote:
We will never get into SL again. Difficult to take, but true.

Most honest thing on the forum
RankPostsTeam
International Chairman33944No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 09 200420 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
6th Mar 16 12:035th Mar 16 19:41LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
kcab sfrawdder

Luck is a combination of preparation and opportunity

Just to avoid confusion Starbug is the username of Steven Pike

SOMEBODY SAID that it couldn’t be done
But he with a chuckle replied
That “maybe it couldn’t,” but he would be one
Who wouldn’t say so till he’d tried.
So he buckled right in with the trace of a grin
On his face. If he worried he hid it.
He started to sing as he tackled the thing
That couldn’t be done, and he did it!

Re: Crunch Time!!!!! : Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:48 pm  
thudder wrote:
Ok just got back from a great weekend in Toulouse They are shoe ins for a franchise next time(location skill factor set up...did you see the sponsers list on the hand out it covered a full page?? Commercial manager take note!!!) Really really great set up and....PROFESSIONAL!!!

Right i have posted a few times on this board so far and have been as guilty as lots at slating players, passion, skill etc etc....

BUT that all changed in the time spent speaking with the players in the melting pot on friday before the game(AND NO none of them drank and when kelly said lets go they left as one)....

Shocked amazed astounded at being told 3 x one hour training sessions a week?? and not on the LSV??? How on earth can we play against full time teams with that in place?? Halifax Widnes Gateshead Barrow toulouse all full time and will be for next threes seasons getting stronger and stronger as we get weaker and weaker...People keep saying buliding for the future there is no future if we cant compete?? I genuinley feel sorry for the players who are being short changed by the mangement of the club....

Now before the i love Arthur Thomas Alan Rowley all directors and wheres your money why dont you cough up(well close to thousand pounds already this year in my case in support ...i dont think thats bad???) A decision has to be made?????

If a) they wont put money in or b) havnt got the money then facts is facts sell it put it up for sale?? if no one comes in then so be it BUT and its a BIG BUT RFL wants Championship to be proffesional and if we cant get the backers that the 5 mentioned above have got we really have got no where to go......I am really really fearful for the future and can we stop using the Leigh buzzword "building for the future"" i have heard that for the last 30 years of supporting Leigh...

Sorry for such a dour post but am really worried about the club i love!!!!!

C`mon lottery let me win the dosh to make a differance!!!!! :D :lol:

Also...the LSV worries me i dont think we are wanted there does anyone else feel that because the players i spoke to certanly did...again worrying :?

Not a ' dig ' here but as I've posted elsewhere , Of this £ 1,000 or thereabouts , how much of it has actually gone into the bank account at Leigh Centurions ?

70 K spent this weekend but not a single penny to Leigh

Championship Fans will contribute over one and a half a million pounds to Ryanair/BMI baby , Toulouse Olympic RL club and the bars and hotels of Toulouse for the next 3 seasons

Toulouse Olympic and their fans will contribute how much to the other Championship clubs and our towns over the next 3 seasons ?

One last thing as well , in France and Spain the local councils tend to be the biggest contributors to their local sports teams finances

The Toulouse local government pour several million pounds per season into the local RU team , if they do get the nod for SL they will no doubt support Olympic in there financially as well

Can you seriously see W1g4n Council tipping up 500 K a season to help us get into and stay in SL ?
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member13026
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 21 200222 years292nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
4th Feb 24 22:303rd Feb 24 19:22LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

: Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:22 pm  
mr. chairman wrote:
you might get in super league , got told changes in coaching will be in place soon

kelly out

rowly head coach

simon knox assistant

neil jukes reserve team coach

Obvious unrest in the NK camp then.............. :roll: :roll: :roll:
RankPostsTeam
International Chairman33727No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 22 200222 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
31st May 22 15:3626th May 22 09:16LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Crunch Time!!!!! : Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:26 pm  
Starbug wrote:
Can you seriously see W1g4n Council tipping up 500 K a season to help us get into and stay in SL ?

But similarly, would the Toulouse local council pay for two clubs in Super League?
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach175No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 28 200915 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
5th Nov 11 00:021st Jan 70 00:00LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

: Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:46 pm  
mr. chairman wrote:
you might get in super league , got told changes in coaching will be in place soon

kelly out

rowly head coach

simon knox assistant

neil jukes reserve team coach

I really do hope not !!!! :cry:
frankb 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach8642No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 19 200618 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
5th Feb 12 18:035th Feb 12 15:09LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Crunch Time!!!!! : Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:50 pm  
Starbug wrote:
Not a ' dig ' here but as I've posted elsewhere , Of this £ 1,000 or thereabouts , how much of it has actually gone into the bank account at Leigh Centurions ?

70 K spent this weekend but not a single penny to Leigh

Championship Fans will contribute over one and a half a million pounds to Ryanair/BMI baby , Toulouse Olympic RL club and the bars and hotels of Toulouse for the next 3 seasons

Toulouse Olympic and their fans will contribute how much to the other Championship clubs and our towns over the next 3 seasons ?

One last thing as well , in France and Spain the local councils tend to be the biggest contributors to their local sports teams finances

The Toulouse local government pour several million pounds per season into the local RU team , if they do get the nod for SL they will no doubt support Olympic in there financially as well

The way things are at present I agree the fans of Toulouse will not be seen in any numbers ever at any RL ground in the UK.

I am still not sure franchising will be around for the length of this experiment. I won,t go into the arguments for or against but I fear quite a few Nonrelegation league clubs will suffer significant drops in their home attendances as the season goes on.

One final thing. Never say never. I never thought I,d be watching Leigh RLFC win a challenge cup final at Wembley and before AJM arrived I doubt any Leigh supporter did.

The never say never only aplies to English fans of course.The basically Australian sides in France and Wales are hardly likely to take fans to away games in the M62 corridor.

Course it all depends on what Sky want at the end of the day but it might kill the game in the medium term.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach148No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 08 200915 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
2nd Apr 24 22:082nd Nov 14 20:48LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Crunch Time!!!!! : Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:56 pm  
frankb wrote:
The way things are at present I agree the fans of Toulouse will not be seen in any numbers ever at any RL ground in the UK.

I am still not sure franchising will be around for the length of this experiment. I won,t go into the arguments for or against but I fear quite a few Nonrelegation league clubs will suffer significant drops in their home attendances as the season goes on.

One final thing. Never say never. I never thought I,d be watching Leigh RLFC win a challenge cup final at Wembley and before AJM arrived I doubt any Leigh supporter did.

The never say never only aplies to English fans of course.The basically Australian sides in France and Wales are hardly likely to take fans to away games in the M62 corridor.

Course it all depends on what Sky want at the end of the day but it might kill the game in the medium term.

True, but realistically how many fans do Batley, Gateshead, Doncaster and Sheffield bring these days?
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3124No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 25 200618 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
6th Sep 16 18:072nd Sep 16 21:29LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
YOU CAN LEARN FROM THE PAST BUT NOT RELIVE IT.YOU CAN HOPE FOR THE FUTURE BUT CAN NEVER BE SURE THERE WILL BE ONE.

Re: Crunch Time!!!!! : Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:15 pm  
frankb wrote:

No the French and the Welsh are never going to put back in what they take off their M62 counterparts and just think how the average numbers are going to look in Sooper Dooper League this year.They have Quins ,Celts,French all fetching no crowds I cannot understand what they get out of it.If I was Bradford for instance where they are already strugling with numbers then have a significent percentage of games where you have no show fans.I think I would have prefered to see some club who fetched a crowd.Lets see if any of them complain at the end of the year.I know once I realised we would not manage promotion this time I was glad the Celts got promoted ,let the Soooper Doopers subsidise them I`m quite happy to see Widnes`coaches of supporters turn up to my ground than the 6 carloads of Celts.It may be a selfish way to look at it as they say expansion is the way forward but I have yet to see what benifit NL1 and under get out of this expansion dream there is certainly no extra money from the RFL so unless I see otherwise I will not be buying into it thank you.
ian c 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7339No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 20 200717 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
7th Jan 19 10:3114th Jul 17 08:06LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Crunch Time!!!!! : Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:17 am  
johnny freeman fan club wrote:
No the French and the Welsh are never going to put back in what they take off their M62 counterparts and just think how the average numbers are going to look in Sooper Dooper League this year.They have Quins ,Celts,French all fetching no crowds I cannot understand what they get out of it.If I was Bradford for instance where they are already strugling with numbers then have a significent percentage of games where you have no show fans.I think I would have prefered to see some club who fetched a crowd.Lets see if any of them complain at the end of the year.I know once I realised we would not manage promotion this time I was glad the Celts got promoted ,let the Soooper Doopers subsidise them I`m quite happy to see Widnes`coaches of supporters turn up to my ground than the 6 carloads of Celts.It may be a selfish way to look at it as they say expansion is the way forward but I have yet to see what benifit NL1 and under get out of this expansion dream there is certainly no extra money from the RFL so unless I see otherwise I will not be buying into it thank you.
Cracking post that matey.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach8795No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 15 200717 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
13th Jun 21 07:397th Apr 21 15:36LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Crunch Time!!!!! : Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:31 am  
frankb wrote:

its already happening, look at bradford
PreviousNext