FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Crunch Time!!!!!
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach175No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 28 200915 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
5th Nov 11 00:021st Jan 70 00:00LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Crunch Time!!!!! : Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:44 pm  
Ok just got back from a great weekend in Toulouse They are shoe ins for a franchise next time(location skill factor set up...did you see the sponsers list on the hand out it covered a full page?? Commercial manager take note!!!) Really really great set up and....PROFESSIONAL!!!

Right i have posted a few times on this board so far and have been as guilty as lots at slating players, passion, skill etc etc....

BUT that all changed in the time spent speaking with the players in the melting pot on friday before the game(AND NO none of them drank and when kelly said lets go they left as one)....

Shocked amazed astounded at being told 3 x one hour training sessions a week?? and not on the LSV??? How on earth can we play against full time teams with that in place?? Halifax Widnes Gateshead Barrow toulouse all full time and will be for next threes seasons getting stronger and stronger as we get weaker and weaker...People keep saying buliding for the future there is no future if we cant compete?? I genuinley feel sorry for the players who are being short changed by the mangement of the club....

Now before the i love Arthur Thomas Alan Rowley all directors and wheres your money why dont you cough up(well close to thousand pounds already this year in my case in support ...i dont think thats bad???) A decision has to be made?????

If a) they wont put money in or b) havnt got the money then facts is facts sell it put it up for sale?? if no one comes in then so be it BUT and its a BIG BUT RFL wants Championship to be proffesional and if we cant get the backers that the 5 mentioned above have got we really have got no where to go......I am really really fearful for the future and can we stop using the Leigh buzzword "building for the future"" i have heard that for the last 30 years of supporting Leigh...

Sorry for such a dour post but am really worried about the club i love!!!!!

C`mon lottery let me win the dosh to make a differance!!!!! :D :lol:

Also...the LSV worries me i dont think we are wanted there does anyone else feel that because the players i spoke to certanly did...again worrying :?
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3495No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 16 200618 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
24th Dec 14 17:0124th Dec 14 17:00LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

: Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:08 pm  
We cannot afford a full time squad on gates of 2000 nor is AT going to fund it. That doesn't make him unambitious, it makes him realistic.

If folk want to hang him out to dry then thats up to them but there isnt a queue of folk in the town willing to stump up the extra £300k it would cost over and above what we're forking out now with no gaurantee whatsoever of getting into SL.

And if the RFL think clubs in the NL are going to be FT forever, they are more cuckoo than I gave them credit for.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach175No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 28 200915 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

: Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:00 pm  
oh well thats that sorted then??????
I dont intend to hang em out to dry BUT we have to face facts yeah RFL are in cuckoo land but obvioulsy the backers of the 5 in the championship dont think so???
WE need money and fast and we cant rely on the speccies of Leigh to roll thro the gates they never have before so whats new now the stadium(that feels like we are away all the time??) AT has done a grand job but maybe the same cant be said of the commercial dept ...sponsers need attracting and we need big sponsers not chippies,corner shops and the like (no offence to any of them).. Am being realistic here we are way behind the 8 ball???? sorry
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach387No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 25 200915 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
13th Nov 09 10:471st Jan 70 00:00LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
you may think I'm an idiot, but it's nice to know I've been judged by my peers.

: Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:27 pm  
And which world do you live in?
If SL clubs cant attract blue chip sponsors with all the TV and media coverage they get what chance has any championship one got.
Tolouse have no championship rivals in that country never mind county because they have been allowed to cut their own deal with a TV company (rather like Celtic were allowed to do last - is their a pattern appearing here?) their sponsors get good coverage what can we offer them? absolutely sod all, do you really think IBM are going to plough money into a two-bit backwater sport which gets minimum TV coverage and thats run by idiots, whats in it for them?, so I dont think AT will mind the odd chippy stumping up a couple of grand here and there but after reading your post why should they bother as it would seem that money isn't good enough.
Talk about biting the hand that feeds you, you have not got a clue, its local mone from local people and thats all that a team like ours can expect especially as their are no blue chip companies in the town anyway.
If AT feels that his employees are not doing their job he will sort them out not some internet jockey. :roll:
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach175No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 28 200915 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

: Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:22 am  
you really are the all seeing eye arnt you theres only one internet jockey on here mate and thats you!!!! opinions are a two way thing but on every post you have a go at peoples??? i am the hand that feeds them and as such am entitled to my opinion!!!!! i want success for my TINY club!!!! ambition i think its called !!!! so less of the know all stuff am no bit of a kid who you can dismiss like YOU do with so many on here!!! we can be every bit as good as your salfords, hull krs toulouse`s etc however will never be with no drive!!!!
Remember Lifting gear hire i do ..a bloke who wanted to put his money where his mouth was ...but oh no dismisssed?? emirates??? we have no commercial activity but then again with posters like yourself Leigh will never escape from "the good old days" and "littlen old leigh" awwwww
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach387No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 25 200915 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
13th Nov 09 10:471st Jan 70 00:00LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
you may think I'm an idiot, but it's nice to know I've been judged by my peers.

: Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:50 am  
get your facts straight on both those 'sponsors' as we were in the 'big league' when they sponsored us Emirates flatly refused to sponsor a div 1 club and Bill Parky wanted all his own way and a bag to put it in, though he was hardly a 'blue chip name anyway.
Opnions are great but the truth is greater, then again why let that get in the way of a good moan :lol: at some'at you know sweet fa about :lol: :lol:
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach175No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 28 200915 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

: Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:32 am  
imleythbenter wrote:
get your facts straight on both those 'sponsors' as we were in the 'big league' when they sponsored us Emirates flatly refused to sponsor a div 1 club and Bill Parky wanted all his own way and a bag to put it in, though he was hardly a 'blue chip name anyway.
Opnions are great but the truth is greater, then again why let that get in the way of a good moan :lol: at some'at you know sweet fa about :lol: :lol:

You really are that egotistical!!(get a dictionary) I was a little miffed last night when i posted origanal post i apologise to chippies and shops everywhere...I am a med/small business who over the years has tried to help in what ways i can BUT this is because i am a Leigh supporter who knows the club exists...What do i mean ?? well i have fellow business men who when i chat about Leigh some dont even know they are still around in any league why?? because you have to go out and chat sell beg if necesary and invite companies in.....Blue chip companies were never mentioned but we have some fairly decent sized ones in the area have they ever been asked because going off my colleagus and friends thats a NO...
Players sponsers ...look through the program the only team to have less than a third sponsered why?? they havnt phoned us my friends were asking how they do it luckily I could tell them but i dont work for the commercial dept??
Bill Parky wanted his own way but wanted to spend cash oh how awful!!! :oops: :?

You cant sit there as a commercial dept in these times and wait for your phone to ring....like you said its a business and you have to sell in todays world. But your the oracle so guess you already know that!

Just one more point before i start my working day , i have a very good friend who works in a local community high school who also is a loyal Leigh fan...he spends his time taking Wigan and St Helens posters down at the school why?? because as of yet Leigh havnt sent any or done any marketing there?? no problem theres only 1200 kids there plus parents half of which again dont know the club exists!!

Have a nice day and next time i need some advice (professional or personal) i will keep you in mind oh mighty oracle :D :shoc
POPMAN 
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member10519No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 15 200222 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
14th Aug 12 07:1424th Oct 11 08:45LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

: Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:23 am  
We will never get into SL again. Difficult to take, but true.
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach1771
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 02 200420 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
4th May 20 08:0923rd Mar 20 15:19LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:01 am  
imleythbenter wrote:
And which world do you live in?
If SL clubs cant attract blue chip sponsors with all the TV and media coverage they get what chance has any championship one got.
Tolouse have no championship rivals in that country never mind county because they have been allowed to cut their own deal with a TV company (rather like Celtic were allowed to do last - is their a pattern appearing here?) their sponsors get good coverage what can we offer them? absolutely sod all, do you really think IBM are going to plough money into a two-bit backwater sport which gets minimum TV coverage and thats run by idiots, whats in it for them?, so I dont think AT will mind the odd chippy stumping up a couple of grand here and there but after reading your post why should they bother as it would seem that money isn't good enough.
Talk about biting the hand that feeds you, you have not got a clue, its local mone from local people and thats all that a team like ours can expect especially as their are no blue chip companies in the town anyway.
If AT feels that his employees are not doing their job he will sort them out not some internet jockey. :roll:

No Blue Chip however, there is a RED CURRY company, Pataks :lol:
Mr Mad 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach474No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 16 200618 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
6th Jul 14 16:0014th Feb 13 20:07LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:42 am  
i was told on sat that toulouse arnt full time and yesterday thru the post came a card from salford giving me 1 free adult ticket to the hull fc game dont kno if anyone else got 1, why cant leigh do sumthin like that ??
Next