20th Mar 21 01:417th Mar 14 08:19LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Looking forward to next season already!
Leyther and Loyal

: Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:16 pm  
Investment in credit crunch times? Very difficult I'd imagine and even worse given that there is no promotion or relegation for 3 years.

Let's face it, we are a struggling team in financial terms, there aren't big pots of cash available and although I believe there is a signing coming, if we carry on getting gates of 1700 or lower when higher was budgeted for (2600), then there will be even less money to spend and this division is about money.

All I can say is thank goodness someone like Arthur Thomas is behind the club.

We've seen worse teams than the one currently representing the club and each member of that squad has my full support.

To have big signings you need big gates and this is where fans of teams like Wigan and Widnes are to be applauded, they do back their team.

If I knew what the answer was then I wouldn't be doing the job that I do.
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member3942No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 10 200222 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
30th Oct 14 13:1130th Oct 14 13:10LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
..... and I'll be standing in the Hilton Park stand, yes that's right I've named the North Stand myself

: Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:23 pm  
DParky wrote:
Investment in credit crunch times? Very difficult I'd imagine and even worse given that there is no promotion or relegation for 3 years.

Let's face it, we are a struggling team in financial terms, there aren't big pots of cash available and although I believe there is a signing coming, if we carry on getting gates of 1700 or lower when higher was budgeted for (2600), then there will be even less money to spend and this division is about money.

All I can say is thank goodness someone like Arthur Thomas is behind the club.

We've seen worse teams than the one currently representing the club and each member of that squad has my full support.

To have big signings you need big gates and this is where fans of teams like Wigan and Widnes are to be applauded, they do back their team.

If I knew what the answer was then I wouldn't be doing the job that I do.

Catch 22 Dave... you can't expect people to turn up when we're not winning or even playing attractive rugby especially when joe public is also struggling for cash. The fans have backed the club to the hilt for years but people get fed up after so many false dawns.

Other clubs aren't getting any better crowds than us but have recruited much better so something is wrong at the top of the club somewhere. There's got to be a balance between youth and experience and I don't think it's been struck as yet.

I wont accuse anyone of not trying because I'm sure they are but apart from the first 15 to 20 mins of the Barrow game we were pretty average at best. How we beat Widnes is an absolute mystery to me.
DParky 
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member5152No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 10 200222 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
20th Mar 21 01:417th Mar 14 08:19LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Looking forward to next season already!
Leyther and Loyal

: Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:28 pm  
DVDs of that game still available....at the best price in rugby league too.

I also wonder whether rugby league at our level is pricing itself out of the market.

It is catch 22 but even when we had a decent rugby playing side from 1999-2004 the crowds went down, okay there were lost Grand Finals etc and had we won at Gigg Lane who knows where we would have been now?
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach118No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 17 200816 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
25th Jul 18 14:2218th May 15 09:20LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

: Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:32 pm  
Lets not go over board here people.
The conditions and everything about this fixture are stacked against any founder northern RL club. The result is exactly what I expected as our lads are just not prepared for the travel or environmental obstacles involved.
Lets see what the result is in the return fixture at LSV !
Hope all the fans who went out there (it looks like a good turn out) have a great time, despite the result, and lets look forward to Thurs night V Featherstone.
This squad has more young Leigh lads than I can remember and just give them time to learn. Hopefully we can get some good experience in but if not lets not give the lads flak. Lets give 'em some encouragement from the sidelines for a change.
If all the moaning in Leigh was turned into encouragement , we maybe could achieve our goals !!!!!!!!!!!
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member3942No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 10 200222 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
30th Oct 14 13:1130th Oct 14 13:10LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
..... and I'll be standing in the Hilton Park stand, yes that's right I've named the North Stand myself

: Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:36 pm  
DParky wrote:
DVDs of that game still available....at the best price in rugby league too.

I also wonder whether rugby league at our level is pricing itself out of the market.

It is catch 22 but even when we had a decent rugby playing side from 1999-2004 the crowds went down, okay there were lost Grand Finals etc and had we won at Gigg Lane who knows where we would have been now?

Well when you think you can watch SL for a similar price to what we are charging I'd have to agree with you.

People would simply rather spend their hard earned money being "entertained" which isn't something we're offering in spades at the moment. Think about it if your hooked on RL then you can go a few miles down the road and watch the most entertaining side in the world (Saints), and alot of people in Leigh are doing so from the amount of shirts and car stickers knocking about.

I'd never do that as I'm a Leigh diehard but I can see the appeal especially if you've got young kids who want to see the best players play.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach115No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 28 200915 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
19th Jun 09 19:451st Jan 70 00:00LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

: Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:44 pm  
Well said. It must be hard for Leythers not to get too down about the performance today. I watched it and as a neutral, was surprised to say the least, as to just how much Toulouse had improved. They really did look a decent side and I now fully expect them to hammer a few more teams in this league. Leigh did not play well today, but it is not all doom and gloom. I do not think that they will face many teams as slick as Toulouse this season. They certainly have not done so far. I felt the game was over for Leigh in the first 20 mins. I do not feel many teams could have faced Toulouse in the form they were in, with only twelve players for that early part of the game. It also became obvious, that in the mood they were in, you could not afford to give them such a start. They were never going to relinquish it. Credit to Leigh in the second half however. It was only three tries to two I think, until that last second score from Toulouse. Although playing poorly with the ball,they did get stuck in and prevented a cricket score. I feel that Kelly and his players must now regroup. They will not come up against many teams as good as that this season. It is the first time you have been absolutely hammered so far this season and so Toulouse do deserve some credit for the way they played. Even Wigan and Salford did not get so many points against you. I do not know, but maybe players such as Hatton, Cunniffe, Thomas, Rudd, and Cookson now deserve a chance to come into the reckoning. Stick with your team Leythers. I think you faced a very good outfit today. Remember, just a short while ago, you were 16 2 up against Barrow at half time and looked to be heading to the top of the table. You have not played well today, but who knows against Fev, things could be very different.
Last edited by etoile1 on Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner1948No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 22 200321 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
23rd Mar 18 08:1929th Mar 13 11:29LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
"phil ford, he's a bit of a stepper
replacing hugh wardell, in jumper no. 15 it's brian case
oooh and he does a bit of a boogie
gregory and gregory, sounds like a firm of solicitors

put the glasses down he's under the black dot"

Sounds of Sydney 1988.

: Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:47 pm  
The Kevster! wrote:
Well when you think you can watch SL for a similar price to what we are charging I'd have to agree with you.
People would simply rather spend their hard earned money being "entertained" which isn't something we're offering in spades at the moment. Think about it if your hooked on RL then you can go a few miles down the road and watch the most entertaining side in the world (Saints), and alot of people in Leigh are doing so from the amount of shirts and car stickers knocking about.

I'd never do that as I'm a Leigh diehard but I can see the appeal especially if you've got young kids who want to see the best players play.

I totally disagree with this.

This season my youngest (10) got a season ticket for nothing. my eldest (now 16) got one for £50 and my wife bought me one for Christmas at what turned out to be £140. That's £190 for three of us, seats in the main stand at a brand new stadium. If we wanted the same at Warrington it would have cost over £500.

People have just got to get off their backsides and support the club. In return, the club have got to bend over backwards to make LSV feel like a home ground. People don't want to hear this endless merry-go-round of Leigh Centurians/LSV/Wigan Council blaming the other for what's going on.
TV BOY 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7676
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 01 200618 years312th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
26th Apr 24 12:5118th Feb 23 10:47LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

: Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:51 pm  
I cant believe what I am reading. Typical sports fans. Infact no, typical stereotypes of todays media brainwashed lemmings. How many slating the team went today? Typical of Thatchers Britain. Greed and Glory. How about supporting Leigh beacause it is Leigh and you are Leythers. Get that in your heads. Never mind "thats the reason I didn't buy a season ticket".
No.6 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach20No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 17 200915 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
3rd Feb 11 19:0727th Jan 11 21:56LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

today : Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:55 pm  
Gotta admit todays performance wasnt to cleaver tbh, didnt luk gd at all
Logend 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1404No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 01 200519 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
2nd Nov 17 20:3425th Oct 17 08:44LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
I don't know I don't come from round here!!!!!!
Signature
You can always tell a smart ar$e but you can't tell em much.

: Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:12 pm  

We're all DOOMED!!!!!!
This post contains an image, if you are the copyright owner and would like this image removed then please contact support@rlfans.com
PreviousNext