FORUMS FORUMS







RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

   WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Squad for Leigh
Re: Squad for Leigh : Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:47 am  
Where are we at in terms of Burgess? We’ve had marriage proposals for Vaughan, Fitzgibbon wined and dined and Harrison taken on a romantic boat ride…..surely we’re pretty close to reach around territory for Sam?
Re: Squad for Leigh : Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:30 pm  
ratticusfinch wrote:
Where are we at in terms of Burgess? We’ve had marriage proposals for Vaughan, Fitzgibbon wined and dined and Harrison taken on a romantic boat ride…..surely we’re pretty close to reach around territory for Sam?

He comes as a package with Gleeson and as I’m fairly houseproud…
Re: Squad for Leigh : Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:18 pm  
Begs the question how/when Drinkwater gets back in?
Re: Squad for Leigh : Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:36 pm  
matt_wire wrote:
Begs the question how/when Drinkwater gets back in?


I was surprised that we turned down the loan deal that Hull FC requested.

Maybe we wanted to loan him short term initially, but they wanted him for the rest of this season?
Re: Squad for Leigh : Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:46 pm  
Boss Hog wrote:
I was surprised that we turned down the loan deal that Hull FC requested.

Maybe we wanted to loan him short term initially, but they wanted him for the rest of this season?


Was that when they were still in the market for a Director of Rugby, got to think he's as qualified as Myler :lol:
Re: Squad for Leigh : Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:07 pm  
ratticusfinch wrote:
And he’s also the best prop in the league. Are there two better starting props than Harrison and Vaughan in the league?

No.
Re: Squad for Leigh : Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:22 pm  
matt_wire wrote:
Was that when they were still in the market for a Director of Rugby, got to think he's as qualified as Myler :lol:


Listened to the Myler interview with a reporter on the Hull FC forum.

He came across as a very articulate and intelligent person.

I realise that talk is cheap and he has a mountain of hard work and hassle to manage, but there were lots of people scoffing with criticism about the Sam Burgess appointment as our coach, when that was announced..
Re: Squad for Leigh : Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:19 pm  
ratticusfinch wrote:
Where are we at in terms of Burgess? We’ve had marriage proposals for Vaughan, Fitzgibbon wined and dined and Harrison taken on a romantic boat ride…..surely we’re pretty close to reach around territory for Sam?


Save that for if we actually win something under his tenure!
Re: Squad for Leigh : Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:17 pm  
matt_wire wrote:
Begs the question how/when Drinkwater gets back in?


How? I don't know. When? I expect it to be fairly soon.

Burgess has said that he 'likes what Drinkwater has to offer'. Whether or not he truly believes that, if we have knocked back an offer from Hull FC (and why would we accept it unless we had the chance to make an immediate, high value, signing?), then we need to give Drinkwater game time and a chance to prove what he can do under Burgess / Gleeson. So far all we have seen this season is the opening round against Catalan and half a game against Hull where he was partnering Hayes.

Hayes is certainly the future, but his development needs to be managed.
Re: Squad for Leigh : Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:06 pm  
ratticusfinch wrote:
And he’s also the best prop in the league. Are there two better starting props than Harrison and Vaughan in the league?


Good review on Harrison and a comparison of his stats. with Vaughan in this article:-

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/sa ... s-harrison
ratticusfinch wrote:
And he’s also the best prop in the league. Are there two better starting props than Harrison and Vaughan in the league?


Good review on Harrison and a comparison of his stats. with Vaughan in this article:-

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/sa ... s-harrison
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bunkaib, Douglas Black, fez1, Gazwire, matt_wire, Philth, runningman29, Smiffy27, St Helens Wolf and 268 guests

REPLY

Subject: 
Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to Warrington Wolves