RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - St Helens
Re: St Helens : Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:47 pm  
sir adrian morley wrote:
on Sundays game we made em kick out from under the posts..now golden boy kicked the ball a good 2 to 3 yards over the try line is this legal as I thought it had to be on the line or behind it...

He should certainly be able to see where the line is, given how his neck and head bend down like an Anglepoise lamp.
Re: St Helens : Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:14 pm  
easyWire wrote:
Correct. 2012 in the black and red kit.

I still need a copy of this game. The link a kind soul shared on Facebook didn't work for me.
Re: St Helens : Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:09 am  
Boss Hog wrote:
It`s a very long time since we beat Wigan in ANY final.

I would guess that most posters on this forum have never seen us beat them in a final?

1980/81 Lancashire Cup Final was the last time that I recall us beating them, (When they were a second division team!!!)

Do any fans remember a later final victory over the Pies?

Showing my age here, but we may have knocked them out of the British Coal 7s at Central Park in the late 80s. We won the tournament too retaining Tony Barrow's unbeaten record at Central Park.
Re: St Helens : Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:21 am  
Gazwire wrote:
Showing my age here, but we may have knocked them out of the British Coal 7s at Central Park in the late 80s. We won the tournament too retaining Tony Barrow's unbeaten record at Central Park.

Yes, I remember that, but I think it was a 9s Competition not 7 A-Side.

I was asking about a 13 A-Side knock-out competition final, I can`t remember one after the Lancashire Cup Final that I related to.
Re: St Helens : Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:04 am  
I'm pretty sure we've won 6 of the last 7 knock out / play off games against St Helens...
Re: St Helens : Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:22 am  
I seem to recall they beat us at the HJ in a playoff eliminator by a Danny Richardson drop goal that hit the bar and went over? May have been about 5 years ago now i cannot remember.
Re: St Helens : Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:28 am  
wirecation wrote:
I seem to recall they beat us at the HJ in a playoff eliminator by a Danny Richardson drop goal that hit the bar and went over? May have been about 5 years ago now i cannot remember.

I think that was a normal league game near the end of the season wasn't it?
Re: St Helens : Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:29 am  
easyWire wrote:
I think that was a normal league game near the end of the season wasn't it?

Could well have been TBH. I just recall it having a playoff kind of occasion to it.
Previous