FORUMS FORUMS







RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

   WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Recruitment rumours and links
Re: Recruitment rumours and links : Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:01 am  
It’s evidence to support the progress made of late, particularly with the current mentality of “next man up”, that we can release Kasiano, Dwyer, Dudson and potentially Drinkwater without panic buying. Particularly when you look at the number of injuries and suspensions that we’ve had.

It puts us in a good position to recruit for next year.
Re: Recruitment rumours and links : Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:53 am  
Barbed Wire wrote:
It’s evidence to support the progress made of late, particularly with the current mentality of “next man up”, that we can release Kasiano, Dwyer, Dudson and potentially Drinkwater without panic buying. Particularly when you look at the number of injuries and suspensions that we’ve had.

It puts us in a good position to recruit for next year.


Can`t see Tai being kept for next year, so that would give us 3 Overseas Quota Players vacancies we could use.

The way the kids are playing with potentially more emerging too, I don`t think we will use all of our Quota opportunities.

I`ll be surprised and a little disappointed if we fail to sign another prop for this season though.
Re: Recruitment rumours and links : Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:05 am  
Howfenwire wrote:
I’d be happy with that he’s not settled well at all with us. We would have cover I guess if true;

Hayes
Stef
Powell
Currie - 2019 CC final

The CC final hbs were Patton & Hughes.
Although some media had Currie down as hb.
Re: Recruitment rumours and links : Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:20 am  
Boss Hog wrote:
Can`t see Tai being kept for next year, so that would give us 3 Overseas Quota Players vacancies we could use.

The way the kids are playing with potentially more emerging too, I don`t think we will use all of our Quota opportunities.

I`ll be surprised and a little disappointed if we fail to sign another prop for this season though.


I have heard that "signing players like Kassiano and Dudson are a thing of the past" they are the two names that was mentioned. Not entirely sure what that means, age related? attitude related? playing style? No idea, but i can only think its positive neither player excelled for us. I do believe we are looking closer to home in regards to recruitment
Re: Recruitment rumours and links : Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:28 am  
Velcro Boots wrote:
I have heard that "signing players like Kassiano and Dudson are a thing of the past" they are the two names that was mentioned. Not entirely sure what that means, age related? attitude related? playing style? No idea, but i can only think it’s positive neither player excelled for us. I do believe we are looking closer to home in regards to recruitment

I’ve said before that we ought not to be signing players over the age of 27/28, unless it’s a season only needs must deal.
I don’t apply that to extension of contracts in some cases.
Re: Recruitment rumours and links : Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:46 am  
rubber duckie wrote:
The CC final hbs were Patton & Hughes.
Although some media had Currie down as hb.


Currie was named at Stand Off on the official team sheet, but Hughes played there from the start. A bit of mind games from Price I think.
Re: Recruitment rumours and links : Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:51 am  
rubber duckie wrote:
I’ve said before that we ought not to be signing players over the age of 27/28, unless it’s a season only needs must deal.
I don’t apply that to extension of contracts in some cases.


How old was Adrian Morley when we signed him ?
Re: Recruitment rumours and links : Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:56 am  
easyWire wrote:
Currie was named at Stand Off on the official team sheet, but Hughes played there from the start. A bit of mind games from Price I think.


Yes you are correct.

Price played Hughes there to shadow Johnny Lomax and tackle him out of the game and he was an extra forward for us, when we had the ball.

Hughes was very effective that day to give him his due and had Lomax in his pocket for all the game.
Re: Recruitment rumours and links : Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:17 am  
Winslade's Offload wrote:
How old was Adrian Morley when we signed him ?


Born 1997, signed 2007 so I think 29 or 30 and he played 7 seasons for us.
Re: Recruitment rumours and links : Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:31 am  
Wires71 wrote:
Born 1997, signed 2007 so I think 29 or 30 and he played 7 seasons for us.



Well he didn't seem too bad so perhaps we should make an exception. Better still look rather more carefully at who we are buying. Use the old grey matter, avoid journeymen, talk to players and coaches that know them well, look at their playing records and stats, ask them why they are happy to sign etc etc. Im not saying that putting on a blindfold and sticking a pin in a list of available players is not totally useless, but we do perhaps need to move on.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DizzyHeights, Douglas Black, Kevin Turvey, matt_wire, ratticusfinch, Smiffy27, St Helens Wolf, wirecation and 230 guests

REPLY

Subject: 
Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to Warrington Wolves