RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
24 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Jake Clifford
Re: Jake Clifford : Fri Sep 16, 2022 4:04 pm  
Boss Hog wrote:

If we sign Jake Clifford, he will have my support, but I have sympathy for Riley Dean and he doesn`t seem to have a future with Wire?

Admittedly his chances have been very limited, but I've seen little from Dean that would make me want to have him as a first choice Super League half back.

Also, looking at how the season ended, I'd suggest Powell sees Leon Hayes as the better long term prospect. Wouldn't be surprised to see Dean released if any offers were made for him - His 'progress' has all the signs of someone destined to rock up at Widnes quite soon.
Re: Jake Clifford : Sat Sep 17, 2022 10:34 am  
Mighty_Wires88 wrote:
We still need a centre for me which I hope is Wardle but wouldn’t surprise me to see one or two others leave along with Longstaff before the pre-season kicks in…

DP wants to sign a centre and a half back, but with only £80k left in the cap we need to offload as you suggest. Two of our forwards have been offered out to other clubs. If one of them leaves we'll all be partying :DRUNK:
Re: Jake Clifford : Sat Sep 17, 2022 11:01 am  
Paul2812 wrote:
DP wants to sign a centre and a half back, but with only £80k left in the cap we need to offload as you suggest. Two of our forwards have been offered out to other clubs. If one of them leaves we'll all be partying :DRUNK:

Do you have the full list of the wages of everyone in our top
30?
Re: Jake Clifford : Sat Sep 17, 2022 11:07 am  
DallasMead2 wrote:
Do you have the full list of the wages of everyone in our top
30?

Blimey Dallas you're not asking much?
I'm not surprised that we are offloading a forward.
Re: Jake Clifford : Sat Sep 17, 2022 11:11 am  
Paul2812 wrote:

Surprised that Powell is prepared to release Holmes, he must feel his own job is on the line.
Re: Jake Clifford : Sat Sep 17, 2022 11:30 am  
How do you know we only have 80k left, are you privvy to all of the players wages?
Re: Jake Clifford : Sat Sep 17, 2022 3:12 pm  
Boss Hog wrote:
Surprised that Powell is prepared to release Holmes, he must feel his own job is on the line.

Indeed. Wonder who the other is? Longstaff maybe?
Re: Jake Clifford : Sat Sep 17, 2022 4:59 pm  
Or thane wrote:
How do you know we only have 80k left, are you privvy to all of the players wages?

You don’t know?
Re: Jake Clifford : Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:22 pm  
easyWire wrote:
Indeed. Wonder who the other is? Longstaff maybe?

Only the top 25 count on the cap, can’t see him being top 25. I’ve always assumed we might try to loan out Philbin for a year not sure who else. Holmes leaving would be a hell of a turnaround for Powell
Re: Jake Clifford : Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:37 pm  
Smiffy27 wrote:
Blimey Dallas you're not asking much?
I'm not surprised that we are offloading a forward.

I’m suggesting he has NO details on ANY of our player’s wages. Therefore £80,000 is an uneducated guess. Therefore it’s nonsense.
PreviousNext