FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Toby King CONFIRMED TO HUDDERSFIELD ON LOAN, WARDLE IN RETUR
Your problem is that you're suggesting there was a massive downturn in form. He went from being an average SL centre to a very poor one. As Wires71 has suggested there have been many Wire fans who have never been over-enamoured with him - maybe you should consider why he kept getting moved from side to side?
You can continue to tell yourself you've got a good centre if you wish, personally I think you've signed a duff 'un.
ratticusfinch wrote:
Your problem is that you're suggesting there was a massive downturn in form. He went from being an average SL centre to a very poor one. As Wires71 has suggested there have been many Wire fans who have never been over-enamoured with him - maybe you should consider why he kept getting moved from side to side?
You can continue to tell yourself you've got a good centre if you wish, personally I think you've signed a duff 'un.

Exactly. When he joined Huddersfield King was quite vocal about how Huddersfield will play to his strengths and how good a coach "Watto" is. 8 games later and Huddersfield have made plans without him. Hardly a resounding endorsement.
Him and his agent made the absolute best of the dearth of British centres, and fair play to em.
The top sides like saints and Wigan are ruthless in getting rid of players or coaches who don't perform no sympathy or nostalgia. We need to be the same if we want to compete with them. Powell will be under pressure from game 1 next season.
TF and the wire wrote:
The top sides like saints and Wigan are ruthless in getting rid of players or coaches who don't perform no sympathy or nostalgia. We need to be the same if we want to compete with them. Powell will be under pressure from game 1 next season.

Exactly. If we are still looking turd after round 6 he can go.
jonh wrote:
I find it really interesting that his perceived downturn in form occurred when he moved to the left in that case.

I don’t know what his best side is, but I would say his best form has been when he was left centre in 2021 pre contract signing, and he clearly thinks he is a left centre.

I’m glad he’s not here next year, and I’m more tolerant than most on here. It’s best move for all concerned we get rid of an underperforming player who has gone against the coach, King gets another chance - he didn’t turn heads at Huddersfield clearly and Wigan need a centre.

One point though, he signed a big contract with us, and regardless of whether we pay part of his contract in 2023, his full contract value registered with the RFL will count on the cap right?
Alffi_7 wrote:
I don’t know what his best side is, but I would say his best form has been when he was left centre in 2021 pre contract signing, and he clearly thinks he is a left centre.

I’m glad he’s not here next year, and I’m more tolerant than most on here. It’s best move for all concerned we get rid of an underperforming player who has gone against the coach, King gets another chance - he didn’t turn heads at Huddersfield clearly and Wigan need a centre.

One point though, he signed a big contract with us, and regardless of whether we pay part of his contract in 2023, his full contract value registered with the RFL will count on the cap right?

His Contract will count on Wigan`s Salary Cap for 2023 season, none of it will be on Warrington`s Cap.
Boss Hog wrote:
His Contract will count on Wigan`s Salary Cap for 2023 season, none of it will be on Warrington`s Cap.

Yes but his full contract value, rather than the portion the Pies are paying?

Seen as his contract was so big, that’s an issue for wigans cap right?
Alffi_7 wrote:
Yes but his full contract value, rather than the portion the Pies are paying?

Seen as his contract was so big, that’s an issue for wigans cap right?

There was a post on here earlier today that Wigan are going to pay King a reduced contract, which he has agreed for the duration of his loan deal next season.

Warrington will not be paying anything to King while he is at Wigan.
Boss Hog wrote:
There was a post on here earlier today that Wigan are going to pay King a reduced contract, which he has agreed for the duration of his loan deal next season.

Warrington will not be paying anything to King while he is at Wigan.

We have dodged a bullet there.
PreviousNext