FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - TV games (not Wire)
Re: TV games (not Wire) : Fri Mar 11, 2022 12:50 pm  
karetaker wrote:
Bill Arthur worst commentator ever. Oh for the days of Eddie and Stevo infact even Eddie Wareing was better.

His ability of never having a clue what's going on is quite astounding.

He is woeful and it's embarrassing that he's still got the job.
Re: TV games (not Wire) : Fri Mar 11, 2022 4:41 pm  
Chris Satae's stats from last night:

19 carries
196m gained
7 tackle busts

Thats hugely impressive against anyone but the Leeds pack isn't a pushover! How badly could we do with some of that.
Re: TV games (not Wire) : Fri Mar 11, 2022 5:03 pm  
CW8 wrote:
Chris Satae's stats from last night:

19 carries
196m gained
7 tackle busts

Thats hugely impressive against anyone but the Leeds pack isn't a pushover! How badly could we do with some of that.

Yes please - plenty of room in the cap after a Powell clear out surely. Go get him!
Re: TV games (not Wire) : Fri Mar 11, 2022 5:10 pm  
DallasMead2 wrote:
Yes please - plenty of room in the cap after a Powell clear out surely. Go get him!

Contracted until the end of 2023 :D
Re: TV games (not Wire) : Fri Mar 11, 2022 5:15 pm  
ComeOnYouUll wrote:
Contracted until the end of 2023 :D

Lucky you, he's a class player. Congratulations on a great win last night as well BTW.
Re: TV games (not Wire) : Fri Mar 11, 2022 6:11 pm  
Impressive from Hull, but they need to produce that level against the top teams too (as we do).

I thought the pundits were overrating Leeds in the off-season, but I didn’t think they’d be this bad. I expected Austin to be an effective runner behind that pack, even if he can’t organise play very well. He’s turned out to be a bit of a dud along with Sezer though.
Re: TV games (not Wire) : Sat Mar 12, 2022 9:28 am  
I tell you, irrespective of your thoughts on the style and standard of play, watching the NRL now and the standard of officiating and speed and clarity at the play the ball is incomparable to SL.

Officials are letting players get on with it, there aren't cards flying like a hurricane in Card Factory and the players are focused with getting on with their game, rather than niggling and spoiling.

And yes, the standard of play is vastly superior. Not a single English team would prosper over there including SKYs wet dream team of choice, Saints.
Re: TV games (not Wire) : Sat Mar 12, 2022 9:38 am  
morrisseyisawire wrote:
I tell you, irrespective of your thoughts on the style and standard of play, watching the NRL now and the standard of officiating and speed and clarity at the play the ball is incomparable to SL.

Officials are letting players get on with it, there aren't cards flying like a hurricane in Card Factory and the players are focused with getting on with their game, rather than niggling and spoiling.

And yes, the standard of play is vastly superior. Not a single English team would prosper over there including SKYs wet dream team of choice, Saints.

Sod the rugby, what's happened to the pleasant Ms.Sampson?
Re: TV games (not Wire) : Sat Mar 12, 2022 9:45 am  
morrisseyisawire wrote:

It's like watching a different sport.
Re: TV games (not Wire) : Sat Mar 12, 2022 9:49 am  
lefty goldblatt wrote:
Sod the rugby, what's happened to the pleasant Ms.Sampson?

Not sure but that Emma Louise Jones on Premier certainly ate her greens as a child. She could wipe.my tackle count clean anytime etc etc
PreviousNext