FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - TV games (not Wire)
Re: TV games (not Wire) : Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:37 pm  
Leeds can count themselves lucky not to have had 2 cards in the last 5 minutes! Other days they could both have been red too! Kendal really is an awful ref.

The game is long gone regardless, Wakey were absolutely awful first half but have been spirited this half at least.
Re: TV games (not Wire) : Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:17 pm  
rubber duckie wrote:
Good grief…sick of Leeds on tv, and even more so after that half of rugby. Wont be watching the 2nd half.

Get used, 4 of the next 5 weeks they're on
Re: TV games (not Wire) : Fri Mar 04, 2022 10:11 am  
easyWire wrote:
Thought this would be a close one. Miserable game even though Leeds have played some better rugby than of late.

Me too, and the game being over well before half time made my interest levels drop considerably.
Re: TV games (not Wire) : Thu Mar 10, 2022 8:42 pm  
Austins wonderful defence on show again
Re: TV games (not Wire) : Thu Mar 10, 2022 8:54 pm  
It's the Jake Connor show.....that Sky studio must be a right sticky mess!
Re: TV games (not Wire) : Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:45 pm  
Another Sky game over before the half time interval, a reverse of the Leeds/Wakefield match.
Re: TV games (not Wire) : Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:59 pm  
Bill Arthur worst commentator ever. Oh for the days of Eddie and Stevo infact even Eddie Wareing was better.
Re: TV games (not Wire) : Fri Mar 11, 2022 12:11 am  
karetaker wrote:
Bill Arthur worst commentator ever. Oh for the days of Eddie and Stevo infact even Eddie Wareing was better.

If you dug him up he probably still would be.
Re: TV games (not Wire) : Fri Mar 11, 2022 9:46 am  
karetaker wrote:

No way was Eddie Wareing a better commentator. In fact he ensured our game wasn’t taken seriously outside the “heartlands”, he also did Its a Knockout and that was a stick that we were constantly beaten with.
Re: TV games (not Wire) : Fri Mar 11, 2022 12:24 pm  
Captain Hook wrote:
No way was Eddie Wareing a better commentator. In fact he ensured our game wasn’t taken seriously outside the “heartlands”, he also did Its a Knockout and that was a stick that we were constantly beaten with.

Absolutely this.

Despite it not being an imitation and I'm sure that he was a decent bloke, he was a parody of a Northerner, who's main interaction with the Nation apart from 'The Feels Rooge' (sp) was Challenge Cup Final day. I don't think he sold the game with his OOPP and UNDERS even at a time when Mike Yarwood, Benny Hill and Dick Emery set the standards and ruled the Saturday night TV airwaves.
PreviousNext