RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
23 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - TV games (not Wire)
RuddyScoosers Member for 13 years
Strong-running second rower

Re: TV games (not Wire) : Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:17 pm  
100% Wire wrote:
Right, so because we had a crap season we can't comment on any other issues?

Having a 'crap season' is par for the course for your lot. But if we'd have finished just above the mighty Toulouse we'd be discussing ways to improve instead of obsessing about what's going on at a far bigger and far more successful club.
Dita's Slot Meter Member for 12 years
Bronze RLFANS Member

Re: TV games (not Wire) : Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:31 pm  
RuddyScoosers wrote:
Having a 'crap season' is par for the course for your lot. But if we'd have finished just above the mighty Toulouse we'd be discussing ways to improve instead of obsessing about what's going on at a far bigger and far more successful club.

'Far bigger'.... how are you defining that?

More successful, no doubt, but bigger?... I'm struggling to see it.

You're a small village with a Warrington postcode... I'd personally have Leeds, Hull, and of course Wigan (the only genuinely big British RL club) above you lot in the 'bigger' stakes.
And so you aim towards the sky,
And you'll rise high today,
Fly away, Far away,
Far from pain....
Wolf Hall Member for 6 years
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Re: TV games (not Wire) : Fri Sep 23, 2022 2:27 pm  
I have received a number of emails in SPAM from someone addressed as marvin@rlfans.com telling me new postings have been made on this subject. I have deleted them but is this genuine or simply a scam / fishing exercise.
I was notified some time ago that my login details were farmed alongside many others, is there a security issue on this site?
I have received a number of emails in SPAM from someone addressed as marvin@rlfans.com telling me new postings have been made on this subject. I have deleted them but is this genuine or simply a scam / fishing exercise.
I was notified some time ago that my login details were farmed alongside many others, is there a security issue on this site?
Wolf Hall Member for 6 years
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Re: TV games (not Wire) : Fri Sep 23, 2022 2:27 pm  
100% Wire Member for 18 years
Bronze RLFANS Member

Re: TV games (not Wire) : Fri Sep 23, 2022 3:53 pm  
RuddyScoosers wrote:

It's not just your club though is it, this could have repercussions across the league / sport.
Also, I've never seen a more blatant example of a post that explains why most people despise your lot.
100% Wire Member for 18 years
Bronze RLFANS Member

Re: TV games (not Wire) : Fri Sep 23, 2022 3:56 pm  
Dita's Slot Meter wrote:

You're a small village with a Warrington postcode... I'd personally have Leeds, Hull, and of course Wigan (the only genuinely big British RL club) above you lot in the 'bigger' stakes.

I'd argue that name-wise they're probably synonymous with the game therefore a bigger name. The successful tag is obviously undeniable but sadly it paves the way for mouth breathers like this
Bronze RLFANS Member

Re: TV games (not Wire) : Fri Sep 23, 2022 4:56 pm  
100% Wire wrote:
I'd argue that name-wise they're probably synonymous with the game therefore a bigger name. The successful tag is obviously undeniable but sadly it paves the way for mouth breathers like this

I suppose you have a point there. Its basically all their town has,
culture-wise... well, that and the wild pit-bull terrier attack competitions that their town has embraced so well in recent years. 8)
Fly away, Far away,
Far from pain....
RuddyScoosers Member for 13 years
Strong-running second rower

Re: TV games (not Wire) : Fri Sep 23, 2022 4:57 pm  
Dita's Slot Meter wrote:

The ultimate barometer in size is success. And we leave your lot standing in that. Wigan are the biggest club, but we've been Champions 5 times more than Leeds, 10 times more than Hull and 13 times more than you. You've not been Champions since 1955 and have only won it a p*ss poor three times in your mediocre history.

It could be argued Widnes are a bigger club than you. At least they can say they've won a World Club Challenge and you don't have to be 75+ to remember them being Champions in this country.

You have a bigger population as a town, but we still pull in bigger crowds and take more to away games. You're so 'big' you lurk below Huddersfield on this list. https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/ranking- ... gue-37281/

Must be chilly in Warrington, living in our shadow all these years.
Dita's Slot Meter wrote:

The ultimate barometer in size is success. And we leave your lot standing in that. Wigan are the biggest club, but we've been Champions 5 times more than Leeds, 10 times more than Hull and 13 times more than you. You've not been Champions since 1955 and have only won it a p*ss poor three times in your mediocre history.

It could be argued Widnes are a bigger club than you. At least they can say they've won a World Club Challenge and you don't have to be 75+ to remember them being Champions in this country.

You have a bigger population as a town, but we still pull in bigger crowds and take more to away games. You're so 'big' you lurk below Huddersfield on this list. https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/ranking- ... gue-37281/

Must be chilly in Warrington, living in our shadow all these years.
Last edited by RuddyScoosers on Sat Sep 24, 2022 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bronze RLFANS Member

Re: TV games (not Wire) : Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:47 pm  
RuddyScoosers wrote:

Most be chilly in Warrington, living in our shadow all these years.

So, unless you just wanted to turn this into a dick-measuring contest, why differentiate between bigger and successful, when you openly admit that its one and the same thing?

Truth is, you just want to come on and cause an argument with people having a honest debate about RL matters (whichever team that's about is of no concern on an open RL forum as this one is), because you're likely a sad virgin with little else to take up your sad, pathetic life.
RuddyScoosers wrote:

Most be chilly in Warrington, living in our shadow all these years.

So, unless you just wanted to turn this into a dick-measuring contest, why differentiate between bigger and successful, when you openly admit that its one and the same thing?

Truth is, you just want to come on and cause an argument with people having a honest debate about RL matters (whichever team that's about is of no concern on an open RL forum as this one is), because you're likely a sad virgin with little else to take up your sad, pathetic life.
Fly away, Far away,
Far from pain....
CW8 Member for 9 years
Bronze RLFANS Member

Re: TV games (not Wire) : Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:52 pm  
Another poster for the ignore list, not worth reading that totally irrelevant drivel.
PreviousNext