May 26 200816 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
15th Nov 12 14:3615th Nov 12 14:30LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

: Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:44 pm  
getdownmonkeyman wrote:
Off the field, yes. My bottom dollar is firmly placed in my pocket as Saints have no RL knowledge on their board.

I take it your not including Tony Colquitt's position at Gillette where he played a major role in developing Gillette's partnership within rugby league both in the UK and Australia, and has excellent contacts at local, national and global levels within the game.

http://www.redvee.net/readarticle.php?article_id=608

If thats not experience of RL from a business point of view then i don`t know what is.
getdownmonkeyman wrote:
Off the field, yes. My bottom dollar is firmly placed in my pocket as Saints have no RL knowledge on their board.

I take it your not including Tony Colquitt's position at Gillette where he played a major role in developing Gillette's partnership within rugby league both in the UK and Australia, and has excellent contacts at local, national and global levels within the game.

If thats not experience of RL from a business point of view then i don`t know what is.
Last edited by Rob Wire on Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach16252
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 12 200420 years62nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
14th Apr 24 17:4527th Feb 24 19:53LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

: Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:54 pm  
These criticisms of Andy Gatcliffe are unfair, the club was run poorly before he got there and we were always losing money. Since Gatcliffe has been in charge we've run a much tighter ship. I know we have had investment from Simon Moran but Gatcliffe had turned the financial situation around before Moran became the majority shareholder. We are never in trouble with the salary cap and we don't have Guardian "save the club" campaigns and talks of CVA etc now Gatcliffe is here, we don't have to sell players because we are skint any more. In times of a recession when you need someone who knows how to run a business cost effectively and keep it out of trouble then I'm happy to have him at Warrington.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2204No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 26 200816 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

: Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:05 pm  
sally cinnamon wrote:
These criticisms of Andy Gatcliffe are unfair, the club was run poorly before he got there and we were always losing money. Since Gatcliffe has been in charge we've run a much tighter ship. I know we have had investment from Simon Moran but Gatcliffe had turned the financial situation around before Moran became the majority shareholder. We are never in trouble with the salary cap and we don't have Guardian "save the club" campaigns and talks of CVA etc now Gatcliffe is here, we don't have to sell players because we are skint any more. In times of a recession when you need someone who knows how to run a business cost effectively and keep it out of trouble then I'm happy to have him at Warrington.

Investment from a major backer and a new stadium is a massive advantage that Andy Gatcliffe has had over any previous Warrington CEO, i would question any board that gave out new contracts to Paul Cullen and Stuart Reardon as that was rewarding mediocrity and setting the path for us to continually under achieve.

As for your point about the salary cap and not breaking it, its possible that we could be in a right financial mess due to a route that our board chose to take which took advantage of a loophole but their must have been known risks of taking that route that could have left us owing a lot of money to the tax man which seems to be the case if the rumours are true as the guardian have stated that it could be upto £500k that we owe.
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member19907No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 05 200222 years318th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
26th Apr 24 20:2115th Oct 18 19:35LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Didn't William Webb Ellis pick up the ball and run, someone should really tell Rugby Union.

www.squadbuilder.co.uk

: Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:11 pm  
Rob Wire wrote:

So Gillete sponsoring International RL gives him RL experience? Tell you what, let us get the Engage MD invloved as they have experince of being involved in RL. It is funny how I am currently conversing with a Saints shareholder who says not one of the board members has RL experience.
Rob Wire wrote:

So Gillete sponsoring International RL gives him RL experience? Tell you what, let us get the Engage MD invloved as they have experince of being involved in RL. It is funny how I am currently conversing with a Saints shareholder who says not one of the board members has RL experience.
RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 05 200222 years318th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Didn't William Webb Ellis pick up the ball and run, someone should really tell Rugby Union.

www.squadbuilder.co.uk

: Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:13 pm  
Rob Wire wrote:
Investment from a major backer and a new stadium is a massive advantage that Andy Gatcliffe has had over any previous Warrington CEO, i would question any board that gave out new contracts to Paul Cullen and Stuart Reardon as that was rewarding mediocrity and setting the path for us to continually under achieve.

As for your point about the salary cap and not breaking it, its possible that we could be in a right financial mess due to a route that our board chose to take which took advantage of a loophole but their must have been known risks of taking that route that could have left us owing a lot of money to the tax man which seems to be the case if the rumours are true as the guardian have stated that it could be upto £500k that we owe.

The same Andy Gatclife who came when we were still at Wilderspool and were losing hundreds of thousands per year?
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2204No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 26 200816 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

: Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:32 pm  
getdownmonkeyman wrote:

You stated that St Helens have nobody on their board with any RL experience, considering we are talking at board level here where the main financial decisions take place then Tony Colquitt has huge experience when it comes to rugby league financial matters in his previous role with Gillette both in the UK and Australia.

I couldn`t care less even if your currently talking to the pope, you have been proven wrong with what you stated. I don`t need to say anymore, the link backs me up and your the sort that will argue till closing time even when your wrong, anyway speaking of closing time thats what i`m doing here as ive nothing to prove as ive given you the evidence to prove you wrong regardless of what cobblers you try and come up with.
SEB 
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member13723
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 27 200222 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
10th Aug 23 18:491st Apr 16 12:29LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
WARRINGTON WOLVES SUPPORTERS TRUST ARE YOU A MEMBER?
//www.squadbuilder.co.uk/
https://www.facebook.com/Squadbuilder
https://twitter.com/WarrWolvesST

: Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:53 pm  
The really funny - or tragic, depending which way you look at it - thing is how some people have massively got the wrong end of the stick. The image rights tax issue is something that is going to affect lots of clubs in both codes of rugby and football too. The only reason our name is getting banded around alot is purely because we ARE well run finanically, NOT because we aren't!

It's because we are the first club to attempt to tackle the problem - just like we are often first in many other areas such as salary cap audits, franchise appraisals etc - that our name is cropping up. And not only are we trying to tackle it before it hits us instead of waiting until afterwards, but we are also in much better health to deal with it than most.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach891No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 16 200915 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
21st May 09 18:411st Jan 70 00:00LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

: Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:57 pm  
Rob Wire wrote:
i would question any board that gave out new contracts to Paul Cullen and Stuart Reardon as that was rewarding mediocrity and setting the path for us to continually under achieve.

I would have thought that cullens contract extension would have been decided by moran, or at least with him having the final say.

I would also expect that the scandalous decision to extend reardons contract was made by cullen.

In both situations it would be very difficult for the board to go against both morans and cullens wishes.
RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 05 200222 years318th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

www.squadbuilder.co.uk

: Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:22 pm  
Rob Wire wrote:
You stated that St Helens have nobody on their board with any RL experience, considering we are talking at board level here where the main financial decisions take place then Tony Colquitt has huge experience when it comes to rugby league financial matters in his previous role with Gillette both in the UK and Australia.

I couldn`t care less even if your currently talking to the pope, you have been proven wrong with what you stated. I don`t need to say anymore, the link backs me up and your the sort that will argue till closing time even when your wrong, anyway speaking of closing time thats what i`m doing here as ive nothing to prove as ive given you the evidence to prove you wrong regardless of what cobblers you try and come up with.

Where have I been proven wrong?

So, explain to me how being the Sales & Marketing Director of Gillette would enable Colquitt to decide if Cullen and Reardon should have received contract extensions? He had NO experience of RL financial matters prior to joining Saints. Does that mean every sponsor has RL financial knowledge?

Closing time or not, I will be here waiting for you to explain the above.
Dave T 
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner5952No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 06 200321 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th Mar 18 15:1919th May 14 13:38LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

: Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:06 pm  
This is boring, I'm not sure why people keep having a go at Gatcliffe. Well I do, it's because we are losing.

He may have been too loyal to Cullen, but apart from that, I'm not sure what other issues we have.

I'm not sure what he does, just like 99% of people on here, but I do know that our club is pretty well run for a RL club, and the financial position has been turned round.

Half a million may sound a lot, however some clubs are losing more than that each year anyway!
PreviousNext