FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Todays Cup match v Wigan.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5429
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 15 200618 years113th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th Jun 24 16:2027th Jun 24 16:19LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Todays Cup match v Wigan. : Tue Jun 25, 2024 2:06 pm  
nathan_rugby wrote:
RobRiches wrote:
I still can’t understand how that try wasn’t double movement? The tackle was complete. Ball carrying arm hit the deck?

If there is momentum then its irrelevant about the ball carrying arm hitting the deck.

That being said, I am 50/50 on whether I think it was double movement. Probably was because of the unnatural movement of his arm.

The main problem in our game is sticking to a particular rule ,referees interpretations vary throughout the season ,any season, no wonder spectators are confused & accuse refs of being bent. I didn't see anything wrong with Dufty's ptb on Saturday & in the same game there was more than one "not playing the ball with foot " missed .
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain4223No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 24 20186 years29th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th Jun 24 18:0027th Jun 24 09:20LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Todays Cup match v Wigan. : Thu Jun 27, 2024 9:20 am  
ninearches wrote:
The main problem in our game is sticking to a particular rule ,referees interpretations vary throughout the season ,any season, no wonder spectators are confused & accuse refs of being bent. I didn't see anything wrong with Dufty's ptb on Saturday & in the same game there was more than one "not playing the ball with foot " missed .

Spot on. If you go back on the disciplinary thread, I'm sure it would contain many players charged with this and that, in the first month or so, then it tailing off quite dramatically. Some misdemeanours do have a period when refs and the committee clamp down on them and take a hard line, only to be lenient after a short time, in comparison, even though the rule breaking continues.
RankPostsTeam
Moderator39478
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 01 200222 years13th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Jun 24 16:3827th Jun 24 12:06LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Todays Cup match v Wigan. : Thu Jun 27, 2024 12:06 pm  
MorePlaymakersNeeded wrote:
Spot on. If you go back on the disciplinary thread, I'm sure it would contain many players charged with this and that, in the first month or so, then it tailing off quite dramatically. Some misdemeanours do have a period when refs and the committee clamp down on them and take a hard line, only to be lenient after a short time, in comparison, even though the rule breaking continues.

well its funny you should say that, they say this stuff evens itself out over the season, that isn't case, as you've pointed out it DEFINITELY isn't the case with the various crackdowns this year, and its made slightly worse

Have you noted the bizarre fixture list this season? its almost like most of the big games between the bigger teams have been backloaded into the second half of the season. when cards/suspensions are much less likely to occur. and less negative attention and blame could be attributed to players being suspended and costing teams games.

its a bit tinfoil hat, but its suspicious...
Previous