FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - C.E.O Karl Fitzpatrick…
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach16918
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 15 200816 years70th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 21:5529th Mar 24 03:48LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Packs Win Games
Great Packs Make All Backs Look Class
#onceawirealwaysawire

C.E.O Karl Fitzpatrick… : Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:51 pm  
Is our CEO getting away lightly for this slump that seems to have run in tandem with his tenure?
TS was pretty vexed I believe to have his one time water/kick tee carrier, suddenly become his boss and allegedly relinquish TS from cap control and recruiting.
CW8 
RankPostsTeam
International Star3926
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 15 201310 years26th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 22:4426th Mar 24 23:56LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: C.E.O Karl Fitzpatrick… : Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:38 pm  
I don't know the ins and outs, what he does and doesn't do or what his working relationships are like with anyone at the club. So realistically any comments I make are unfair and based upon oonly the limited amount that I have directly seen from. KFP, BUT what I have seen I don't like.

Publically stating that the performances and results after the 2019 challenge cup final were unacceptable, but then going on to accept them for another 2 full seasons especially when making almost the exact same statement 12 months later makes him look foolish in my eyes. Messing around with gimmicks like wolfie at St Helens and other things which IMO will have contributed to opposition team talks are foolish. Talking about offering a matchday package of entertainment, thinking that will put more bums on seats was foolish. The best average attendance we have had in the superleague era was when Tony Smith got a quality team to churn our quality display after quality display, if you want an indication of what rugby league fans want it's a team which reminds them week in, week out why they fell in love with the sport in the first place. Peak Sandow we were climbing again in terms of attendances, the on field rugby entertainment is what we want, to prioritise anything but that is a huge error in judgement which makes it look like he doesn't know his audience. It looks like his priorities are in the wrong place and again IMO looked really foolish. His trips to Australia on recruitment drives for a new coach and also players yielded very, very little and to me just looked like he was off on a jolly.

The last thing I want from a wire CEO is a foolish individual.

People improve in their jobs all the time so if Simon Moran believes in him then who would I be to argue but he needs to learn fast and improve the image which he gives off. Just BACK Powell and contribute towards putting a team together which is allowed to express itself and play some entertaining rugby. The first thing he can do is go and buy some bolt cutters for Powell and take all of the shackles off the players, I don't want to see a team of individuals next year who seem to be playing within themselves.
Last edited by CW8 on Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RankPostsTeam
International Star1100No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 25 201113 years217th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
2nd Oct 23 17:392nd Oct 23 14:04LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: C.E.O Karl Fitzpatrick… : Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:54 pm  
Main man is Karl, not just a pretty face
CEO is just his part time job
Holding the place together
Legend :D

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/officers/wirZCPpLWs239IugaKyqQCO3Ag4/appointments

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/officers/wirZCPpLWs239IugaKyqQCO3Ag4/appointments
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach16252
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 12 200419 years57th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 19:5527th Feb 24 19:53LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Challenge Cup winners 2009 2010 2012 2019
League Leaders 2011 2016

Re: C.E.O Karl Fitzpatrick… : Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:00 pm  
I wouldn't knock KF for wanting to build a better match day experience. RL has traditionally been crap in terms of marketing and promotion and there have been noticeable improvements. I didn't like all the childish winding up other teams on social media but when you go past that and look at the content the club puts out on youtube and twitter it is good. We look like a professional organisation that connects with fans now. So KF obviously has some good ideas and he has put together some good teams off the field. As CW8 noted some of the gimmicks are a bit naff and make us look 'small time' again.

I think there needs to be a refocusing on the quality of rugby that's on the field, not only in terms of wins/losses but the style of play. One of the great opportunities to market Wire is actually because we haven't won the Championship for so many decades. 'Chasing the dream' is a powerful way to get people excited, as long as you have a credible chance of winning. Think of the excitement around Liverpool as Klopp got them closer and closer to winning the title year on year, or 3 decades earlier the same happening at United with Ferguson ending United's title drought.

In recent years, we've been 'chasing the dream' in quite a boring way. Basically being a team that isn't exciting to watch...that kind of hangs around 'there or thereabouts' and hopes that we'll make the playoffs and that one year maybe things will go our way in the playoffs. Cas had that one year in 2017 where they chased the dream in an exciting way for their fans - the style of rugby that Cas side were playing was electric, they had some storming wins, it got the whole town buzzing because they could see that Cas team as credible GF winners, not just hoping things would work out in the playoffs.

We've made a good appointment in Powell, really we need to back him up with the type of fast, exciting strike players that can complement that. Possibly we've hamstrung ourselves now by tying up big money in guys like King, Williams and Widdop who aren't that type of player.

Back to assessing KF though, when you're the man at the top you are accountable for the overall performance of the club. The years when Gatcliffe was here (2001 to 2014) saw huge steps forward taken on and off the field. Under Draper and KF it has been one of hitting a plateau, although we should acknowledge the CC win in 2019, so credit both Price and KF for that.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3092No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 26 200618 years61st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
10th Mar 23 22:1119th Feb 23 21:41LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
"Brian McDermott, with a wry smile, nods when asked if he remembers a specific incident which made him realise he was a prick. 'I do', he murmurs."

Re: C.E.O Karl Fitzpatrick… : Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:36 am  
Superblue wrote:

What do you think that link proves?
Superblue wrote:

What do you think that link proves?