WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Greg Inglis
Re: Greg Inglis Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:10 pm  
Lord Tony Smith User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Good interview on Sky Sports with Inglis. 16 mins long.

Not seen much content from the club though. No training pics or extended interview from today’s media day. Just a 2 min snippet on Facebook. Strange for a club ran by a CEO who usually cares more about likes on Twitter than on the field performances.
Re: Greg Inglis Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:15 pm  

Paul Youane wrote:
Paul Youane Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Lord Tony Smith wrote:

Not seen much content from the club though. No training pics or extended interview from today’s media day. Just a 2 min snippet on Facebook. Strange for a club ran by a CEO who usually cares more about likes on Twitter than on the field performances.

Strange that, I've seen plenty of photos from training since the players returned on the club's social media accounts. Plus there is the full twenty plus minute Greg Inglis interview from the media day on Facebook today.

Maybe Karl has blocked you.
Re: Greg Inglis Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:59 pm  

Shabino wrote:
Shabino Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Looks like he's in a good head space.
At first I thought you were mad to sign him, and mainly pr stunt. But looking at him, and if his shoulder has healed he could well be the best player we've ever had in SL. Fancy swapping him for Hurrell?
Re: Greg Inglis Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:42 pm  
Deus Dat Incrementum Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

I know they are looking at arranging an exiles game. There would be some competition for the centre positions in the exiles team, Hurrell, inglis, Falou. Tupou
Decent halves in Sezer and Hastings (edit-sorry, forgot Hastings played for GB)
There are a few back rowers in SL in Joel Thompson, Manu Mau and Jason Clark.
Front row of Fafita and Matt Prior.
I can't think of many ex NRL wingers or hooker now that Joey Lussick has gone back but I suppose Leuluai could go back to hooker.
I think there would be a fair bit of interest in that game on the other side of the world given that inglis and Falou may be involved.
Re: Greg Inglis Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:42 am  

Or thane wrote:
Or thane Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

I assume they don't want to bombard him in to the limelight as he was mentally burnt out which is one of the reasons he retired. I assume we'll let him settle in first then slowly introduce him in to training and things like that. Gotta look after him and keep him happy :-)
Re: Greg Inglis Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:30 am  

User avatarCaptain Hook wrote:
Captain Hook User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Lord Tony Smith wrote:

Did Fitzpatrick run over your cat? Did you apply to be CEO and lose out to him? Honestly, not everything is his fault.
Just my opinions unless it's a FACT, in which case it's a fact.
Re: Greg Inglis Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:46 am  
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Paul Youane wrote:
Strange that, I've seen plenty of photos from training since the players returned on the club's social media accounts. Plus there is the full twenty plus minute Greg Inglis interview from the media day on Facebook today.

Maybe Karl has blocked you.

I've seen plenty of training pics none featuring Inglis though. The only interview I've seen from the club from yesterday's media day is one you have to pay for.
Last edited by Lord Tony Smith on Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Greg Inglis Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:47 am  
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Captain Hook wrote:
Did Fitzpatrick run over your cat? Did you apply to be CEO and lose out to him? Honestly, not everything is his fault.

He's the CEO. He's therefore in charge of the day-to-day running of the club so I'd argue most things are down to and come from him actually.
Re: Greg Inglis Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:57 am  
Fantastic Mr Catpiss 100% League Network
100% League Network

Lord Tony Smith wrote:

Ok, so i will ask you this for a third time now, as you've not answered on the 2 previous occasion, can you tell me exactly which wolfie stunt that we did last year, upset you so much?

You've made reference to 'karl being more interested in wolfie stunts than other matters' (paraphrasing) so again, what did we do that bothered you so much last year?
Re: Greg Inglis Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:59 am  
Fantastic Mr Catpiss 100% League Network
100% League Network

Lord Tony Smith wrote:
He's the CEO. He's therefore in charge of the day-to-day running of the club so I'd argue most things are down to and come from him actually.

He's also responsible for getting money into the club, hence why theyve released the 20 minute press session with GI to the fans that are willing to fork out the measily sum of 3.49 ( a month).
PreviousNext