when the snow lay round about
deep and crisp and even
brightly played the lads that night
though the frost was cruelllll
when poor swinton scored a try
we had 94urrrrrrrrrr

: Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:43 pm  
RedDave wrote:
There's been a good deal of hysteria on these threads over the last few weeks. I'm not happy with what I've seen in our last three matches but too many people are trying to find a scapegoat.

There are lots of issues at the club currently it seems, some of which are kept within the club or have become a source of gossip and rumour; some of which are visible to anyone who attends matches. No doubt each factor has contributed to the performances we've seen. At this time strong leadership is essential.

Something needs to be done by all parties. Fans are looking for scapegoats on the field and booing particular individuals - or the team in general - will not help. I tend to think that when things are going wrong on the pitch the more the crowd gets on the team's back the harder individuals try and the more disjointed the team becomes.as we revert even more to one man rugby. For me, silence is a more powerful criticism of their performance. The team owes us a few good performances. We need to be convinced that every player in the seventeen is giving 100% effort and commitment and I've not been convinced of that at times.

Sean McRae has had his critics and as he is responsible for performances on the field he should not be too surprised. I know he doesn't tell individuals to watch the ball in the in-goal area or to miss tackles, but he is responsible for performances. He has already apologised for last Friday's performance but he has to show that he has some strategy or plan to improve things. He has to change something about his coaching methods or tactics or we are just going to get more of the same. I think he seems to approach games with a pre-determined plan and seems to decide in advance how long players are going to be out on the pitch rather than respond to the way the game develops. I also think that the defensive line needs to move up more quickly - but I've thought that for years!

John Wilkinson has come in for some unnecessary stick too which amazes me. Without him, as others have rightly said, we wouldn't have a club or we would be in the lower reaches of National League II. However, Ido think that John Wilkinson's greatest virtue as far as those who work for him are concerned has also been a fault for the club at times - and that is the loyalty he shows to his employees, forin the past I think there have been times when coaches have stayed at the club when it was time for them to move on.

I think what I'm trying to say is that we're all part of the problem - so we've all got to be part of the solution. True fans will always get behind the club. Yes, we may criticise things but we will be at Knowsley Road on Friday with our red and white voices hoping for a miracle perhaps - but realistically hoping for signs that the last three matches have been a blip and not a sign of thrashings to come!

That my friend is a cracking post :CLAP:
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member496No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 30 200222 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
11th Jun 13 12:2411th Jun 13 12:24LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

: Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:51 pm  
Ave It! wrote:
That my friend is a cracking post :CLAP:

Have just posted on the topic "Shaun Macrae would like to"
that a lot of people at the moment get a bit giddy and go OTT on the criticism.
I would like to think it is only the young kids who get vexed in the shed after two shandy's !!
Also I think these people forget we are only three games in !
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1647No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 07 200816 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
6th Aug 14 21:4115th Feb 14 11:53LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
looking over Barton bridge at our new stadiun
Signature
Big Pev is my Hero

: Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:00 pm  
SteveRed wrote:
Quoting Chris Charles No 1 Fan "as a sensible headed city fan"

Come on mate let's keep this serious it's not a laughing matter :lol: :lol:

it is when i keep buying season tickets for both clubs and every pre season keep saying to myself. this year will be ours :lol: :lol:
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2982No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 21 200519 years307th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
21st May 24 08:2519th May 24 09:50LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

: Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:08 pm  
GanEden wrote:
B/S! Time for new blood! Other clubs get new directors, Salford are no exception!

So lets say you had £1Million. Would you put it into a Company which will rarely make a profit, have countless employees always wanting bigger wages, spend 30+ hours a week dealing with Club matters for no salary, and then at the end of 5 years of this see your initial `investment` unsurprisingly vanish. If you could find me a man or woman who is happy with that scenario please let the Chairman know. He has been looking for someone like that for 20 years.
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner1103No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 22 200321 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
14th Feb 14 23:3012th Jan 13 11:20LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

: Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:47 pm  
Chris Charles No1 Fan wrote:
it is when i keep buying season tickets for both clubs and every pre season keep saying to myself. this year will be ours :lol: :lol:

Fair point well made mate :wink:
Bigpev 
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member6769No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 27 200222 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
8th Aug 13 13:268th Aug 13 09:54LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Holts Sweet Holts
Never Drink on an Empty Head
BIGPEV THE ONLY MAN TO GET A REAL INJURY AT THE STOOP

: Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:53 pm  
There are some very very rich born and bred Salfordians who still live in the City but unfortunately put money into United and have no real interest in Rugby League, just imagine if they wanted to join our board that would give a nice injection of cash which could be the start of a new era.
Salfordains have to look at themselves, even in the seventies when we were winning and United were losing we still only averaged 6000 gates, even with world superstars on our books. In the future I can not see this changing, Salford has never really been a "Rugby City" more of a rugby small holding with other sports dominating the Salfordians minds.
The Chairman whoever he is can not change this mindset it is up to us to try and get more people along and the team to play a game that people want to see we may just then get 6000 average, I don't think we will do better in the new stadium, it is "out of town" so most people would have to make plans to see a match instead of just dropping by, forget Warrington with increased attendances it is in the town centre. Look to Wigan their move away from to an "out of town" ground has seen a fall in attendances compared to the 80's and early 90's something we can not afford with our low crowds and low projections for the season.
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member3882No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 23 200222 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
2nd Apr 15 06:5524th Mar 15 14:32LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
In the midst of Manchester's Steak Diane belt
Signature
Lancashire CCC = 2011 LV County Champions

: Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:12 pm  
theredshed wrote:
OK then, you tell us where are these people are? you are totally deluded if you think there are people out there willing to bank role Salford Reds to greater success.

I think the only hope is that if or when the ground comes off, maybe some might be tempted to jump on the bandwagon if we have an impressive new stadium?

FWIW I think what the club needs more than anything is a right b*stard (but a fair one) with a big stick, who will question every procedure, performance and know everything about whats happening within the club. Someone who doen't take excuses and has real repect in our game , who doesn't give a sh*t about ruffling a few feathers if it's needed! I feel we need a Stevo type of character who knows the game and doesn't take any sh*t, this person could set realistic individual weekly targets for the coaching staff and pick up on problems and deal with them swiftly.

Imo the guys on our board have other work commitments and they are detached on a day-to day basis. They appear to be really decent people but they seem overly understanding and willing to accept excuses and failure.

Personally I think its time more pressure needs to be applied to people/ employees within this club!. . .and if they don't like it they are free to leave and go elsewhere!

You were doing so well til that sentence....Stevo and knowing the game??? :lol:
Previous