JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 12 200420 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
6th Oct 19 20:505th Oct 19 14:56LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
He was shot in both arms , and both legs. He later died because of his injuries. Tommy 25th March 2007.

Salford City Reds are the National League Champions again and nobody will ever win a Grand Final more dramatically than this. Division One champions, Grand Final winners, winners of the Northern Rail Cup; everything their hearts desired. Down and out? Not a bit of it, they are never out. Memories are made of this forever and a day, Salford fans will ask "where did you watch the 2008 Grand Final? Where did you see John Wilshere save the day with the last kick of the ball?"

: Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:18 pm  
Red Eye wrote:
Many people I know (not taxi drivers ) who don't bother going anymore have just grown tired of watching the same old.

And no doubt these people will be the first ones back when we get a competitive side together.
Jaymc9 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1047No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 13 200717 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
16th Mar 15 17:377th Apr 14 20:38LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

: Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:51 pm  
PIPO wrote:
And no doubt these people will be the first ones back when we get a competitive side together.

exactly! part time fans! thats what bugs me about most people who were probably booing on friday night, where were they last year when our attendances were near 300o etc?
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach615No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 27 200816 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
5th Aug 10 09:301st Jan 70 00:00LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

: Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:43 am  
Jaymc9 wrote:
what a tool!

Why, whats wrong with his post? Are you another one of these blind folk who can't see the mess? Get your contact lenses iN!
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach615No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 27 200816 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
5th Aug 10 09:301st Jan 70 00:00LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

: Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:45 am  
St.Bomber wrote:
Without John Wilkinson and Howard Clague you would have no Salford Reds.

B/S! Time for new blood! Other clubs get new directors, Salford are no exception!
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member4918
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 18 200222 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th May 16 20:3718th May 16 19:55LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

: Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:44 am  
GanEden wrote:
B/S! Time for new blood! Other clubs get new directors, Salford are no exception!

I'll excuse you for being ignorant, but John has offered his share in the club previously and guess what no takers.

People like John and Howard should not be subject to this level of abuse by trolls. Very few people are in the position of giving the sort of money they have over the years and you are delusional if you think there is a line of people waiting to invest.
Iain 
RankPostsTeam
Moderator7760No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 22 200122 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
11th Apr 18 11:3931st Oct 16 20:28LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Prestwich - the original heart of Salfordshire

: Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:56 am  
The solution to our problem is simple. All we need to do is to be taken over by a multi billionairre who loves Salford RLFC, for him to build us a swanky new stadium, bring in Wayne Bennett as coach and sign 17 world class players. Why can't all you idiots see that?
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach842No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 18 200420 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
16th Apr 18 17:0321st Jul 16 18:08LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Ken Gill could make the ball talk.

: Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:14 am  
There's been a good deal of hysteria on these threads over the last few weeks. I'm not happy with what I've seen in our last three matches but too many people are trying to find a scapegoat.

There are lots of issues at the club currently it seems, some of which are kept within the club or have become a source of gossip and rumour; some of which are visible to anyone who attends matches. No doubt each factor has contributed to the performances we've seen. At this time strong leadership is essential.

Something needs to be done by all parties. Fans are looking for scapegoats on the field and booing particular individuals - or the team in general - will not help. I tend to think that when things are going wrong on the pitch the more the crowd gets on the team's back the harder individuals try and the more disjointed the team becomes.as we revert even more to one man rugby. For me, silence is a more powerful criticism of their performance. The team owes us a few good performances. We need to be convinced that every player in the seventeen is giving 100% effort and commitment and I've not been convinced of that at times.

Sean McRae has had his critics and as he is responsible for performances on the field he should not be too surprised. I know he doesn't tell individuals to watch the ball in the in-goal area or to miss tackles, but he is responsible for performances. He has already apologised for last Friday's performance but he has to show that he has some strategy or plan to improve things. He has to change something about his coaching methods or tactics or we are just going to get more of the same. I think he seems to approach games with a pre-determined plan and seems to decide in advance how long players are going to be out on the pitch rather than respond to the way the game develops. I also think that the defensive line needs to move up more quickly - but I've thought that for years!

John Wilkinson has come in for some unnecessary stick too which amazes me. Without him, as others have rightly said, we wouldn't have a club or we would be in the lower reaches of National League II. However, Ido think that John Wilkinson's greatest virtue as far as those who work for him are concerned has also been a fault for the club at times - and that is the loyalty he shows to his employees, forin the past I think there have been times when coaches have stayed at the club when it was time for them to move on.

I think what I'm trying to say is that we're all part of the problem - so we've all got to be part of the solution. True fans will always get behind the club. Yes, we may criticise things but we will be at Knowsley Road on Friday with our red and white voices hoping for a miracle perhaps - but realistically hoping for signs that the last three matches have been a blip and not a sign of thrashings to come!
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4314
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 14 200717 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Sep 18 12:1828th Sep 18 11:02LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

: Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:15 am  
GanEden wrote:

OK then, you tell us where are these people are? you are totally deluded if you think there are people out there willing to bank role Salford Reds to greater success.

I think the only hope is that if or when the ground comes off, maybe some might be tempted to jump on the bandwagon if we have an impressive new stadium?

FWIW I think what the club needs more than anything is a right b*stard (but a fair one) with a big stick, who will question every procedure, performance and know everything about whats happening within the club. Someone who doen't take excuses and has real repect in our game , who doesn't give a sh*t about ruffling a few feathers if it's needed! I feel we need a Stevo type of character who knows the game and doesn't take any sh*t, this person could set realistic individual weekly targets for the coaching staff and pick up on problems and deal with them swiftly.

Imo the guys on our board have other work commitments and they are detached on a day-to day basis. They appear to be really decent people but they seem overly understanding and willing to accept excuses and failure.

Personally I think its time more pressure needs to be applied to people/ employees within this club!. . .and if they don't like it they are free to leave and go elsewhere!
Last edited by theredshed on Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:33 am, edited 6 times in total.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1647No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 07 200816 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
6th Aug 14 21:4115th Feb 14 11:53LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
looking over Barton bridge at our new stadiun
Signature
Big Pev is my Hero

: Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:17 am  
Iain wrote:
The solution to our problem is simple. All we need to do is to be taken over by a multi billionairre who loves Salford RLFC, for him to build us a swanky new stadium, bring in Wayne Bennett as coach and sign 17 world class players. Why can't all you idiots see that?

when i am at eastlands tonight and if i see the chairman, i will ask him if he has a few quid to spare :lol: . as a sensible headed city fan i can see that even with all the money in the world you cannot buy all the best players and win the silverwear straight away. it will take time, so even if we get a new chairman (even though we dont need one) what can you see happening straightaway, NOTHING, so lets be greatful for the chairman that we have got and not start slating him because of a couple of defeats.
rant over
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner1103No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 22 200321 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
14th Feb 14 23:3012th Jan 13 11:20LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530