FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Lay Off Parker!!!
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4678No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 10 200519 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
2nd Jun 15 19:272nd Jun 15 19:24LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

: Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:13 pm  
beezer wrote:
if you cant then go and watch another team. rant over await abuse as only you lot on here seem to do these days :x

What else do you expect with ridiculous comments like the one above?
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach570No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 24 200420 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
1st Jan 17 12:481st Jan 17 10:43LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

parker : Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:46 pm  
Parker as captain ive no problem with at all,

what ever happened in the states has happened Malc lost the arm band and he shud get on with it, which he has said he will back the new captain,

now my problem is when the chips are down which they have been in all 4 matches so far, and that i include the celtic match which we allmost lost, untill someone took charge on the pitch,

there lies the problem. Rob Parker is not taking charge at any time, let alone when the chips are down, i know the arm band was thrown at him by the fatone , but to be honest i dont think Parker is up for the job,

ive seen robbie paul trying to take charge, but that dont seem to work either, so Malc is trying to get the team going when the chips are down but its often to late in the game.

but some one has to get a grip of this team, and i dont care if its Parker Alker Paul Myler but some one take charge on the field and if the tatics they have been told to play by the fat man arent working, have the guts to change them on the field and face the fat man afterwards, because five drives then what the hell do i do now??? are not working, and taking a beeting every week like this is doing nothing at all for the teams morale,

so cum on you players sort it out between yourselves have some pride in the shirt, ive heard some of the players read this site, so come on lads lets show some team sprite and play as a team.

and if its not working with mcrae have the guts to go and see MR WILKINSON and tell him thats its not working, and tell him why,

you as players yourselves know what your are capable of, so go out there and do it, for your selves, the team and for the fans who come to watch you,

we know we cant win all the matches, and we dont mind getting beat, if you show some pride and team work.

lets go for it lads, we know it takes a big effort every week, after being beaten to lift yourselves, ,

thats all i can say as a fan for the last dont know how many years and for many years to cum also.
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member4918
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 18 200222 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th May 16 20:3718th May 16 19:55LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

: Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:49 pm  
I actually think Malc has shown he is willing to play for the club, his efforts in defence would be missed.

Booing parker simply for being captain is moronic. Comments on his lack of tackling are a different matter.

The problems are easy to see for the shed but now is the time for McRae to show his coaching ability.
GT 
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner11532
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 03 200321 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
7th Apr 24 17:0311th Jan 16 07:53LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Jeb End Reds

SUPPORT FOREVER REDS - THE SALFORD CITY REDS SUPPORTERS' TRUST

MUFC ~ FCUM ~ SRLFC ~ LCCC

My Blog ~ My Flickr

: Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:55 pm  
beezer wrote:
Whats going to shut you lot all up Malc standing in front of the shed swearing his allegiance to the new captain, he has taken it all like a proffessional sports person he is and wants to get on and play rugby, now can we get off both his and parkers back and support the team, if you cant then go and watch another team. rant over await abuse as only you lot on here seem to do these days :x

Abuse? What, you mean offering a non-positive opinion towards sections of the club, in this case members of the playing staff? I certainly can't see any abuse or unwarrented comments in this thread? Merely a constructive argument on both sides of the coin (from most people, anyway).

Ah well, I always thought Forums and Message Boards were for voicing opinions on. Obviously I must have been mistaken.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1760No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 05 200519 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
10th Jun 13 21:185th Jun 13 15:09LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

: Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:16 pm  
beezer wrote:
Whats going to shut you lot all up Malc standing in front of the shed swearing his allegiance to the new captain, he has taken it all like a proffessional sports person he is and wants to get on and play rugby, now can we get off both his and parkers back and support the team, if you cant then go and watch another team. rant over await abuse as only you lot on here seem to do these days :x

Very constructive well thought out reply.
I guess you mean taking it as threatening to go to court,bleating to the press, pointing to his arm at the end of one game and generally acting like a spoilt brat.
There are big problems in the camp and until player power is got rid of it will continue.
A forum is for discussion and debate if people do not want to do that then maybe join "I wear red tinted spectacles .com"
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach10390No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 15 200519 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
4th Feb 18 23:506th Sep 17 04:05LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Me and are kid (TheButcher) putting the world two rights.

ERIC SHAW PREDICTION LEAGUE & PLAY OFFS WINNER 2013

Don't like it? Well Frack off then. Energy & progress for all.

Foe is our friend.
mitie mouse, Lancetodd, Marshy1, eccles star, Dantes Inferno, Philyourboots, biggunbrad, DAVE@CAS1990, RED LEAGUE, OzWelsh, Red-Devils-PAW, newgroundb4wakey
All blocked - Go ahead punk make my day.

: Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:17 pm  
I have bitten my tongue on what is going on for the past few weeks but after I witnessed the most digusting outburst towards a Salford player I think I have ever seen on Friday I can't keep quiet any longer.

Parker has been saddled with the captancy of a club that is in transition from being only just the best in NL1 last season to the 2nd favourites for the wooden spoon in SL. We have lost a captain who has been fantastic over the years but as many will know has of late shown more and more disregaurd for the club that for all intents and perposes made him and have been his sole professional employer. Alker should be a man and support Parker or leave with the utter distain of the fans of the club we all love ringing in his ears. If Alker is still haveing an underhand influence on the players who may still be loyal to him this shows that the club he professes to love means a great deal less to him than that.

Parker on the other hand is doing the best of a hand that has been fausted upon him at short notice, he is for me the wrong appointment as he seems to be a quiet character but as was plain to see on Friday is trying his best to gee up his charges when the game and more than likely the season is lost. I has never felt so ashamed to be a Salford fan in my life at the treatment meated out to Parker on Friday and I can only assume that the people doing the booing were the simpletons who still think that Alker should be captain and that a professional sporting club should make an exception for him and allow him to continue after his digrecions.

I accuse the people who boo'd Parker on Friday off haveing little or no knowledge of the game and would invite them to save the more enlightened amongst us the shame of haveing to stand in the same stadium as you following a team we love and you quite frankly show utter disrespect for.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach10390No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 15 200519 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
4th Feb 18 23:506th Sep 17 04:05LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Me and are kid (TheButcher) putting the world two rights.

ERIC SHAW PREDICTION LEAGUE & PLAY OFFS WINNER 2013

Don't like it? Well Frack off then. Energy & progress for all.

Foe is our friend.
mitie mouse, Lancetodd, Marshy1, eccles star, Dantes Inferno, Philyourboots, biggunbrad, DAVE@CAS1990, RED LEAGUE, OzWelsh, Red-Devils-PAW, newgroundb4wakey
All blocked - Go ahead punk make my day.

: Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:19 pm  
I would add that if anyone involved with the players reads this that they pass on the message that the true fans of the club support Rob Parker wholely and will continue to do so as long as he keeps the job.
Jaymc9 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1047No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 13 200717 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
16th Mar 15 17:377th Apr 14 20:38LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

: Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:29 pm  
i'll second that
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach672No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 08 200420 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
12th May 18 12:0223rd Jul 15 18:10LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
NIL ILLEGITIMUS CARBORUNDUM

: Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:34 pm  
Michigan red wrote:
I have bitten my tongue on what is going on for the past few weeks but after I witnessed the most digusting outburst towards a Salford player I think I have ever seen on Friday I can't keep quiet any longer.

Parker has been saddled with the captancy of a club that is in transition from being only just the best in NL1 last season to the 2nd favourites for the wooden spoon in SL. We have lost a captain who has been fantastic over the years but as many will know has of late shown more and more disregaurd for the club that for all intents and perposes made him and have been his sole professional employer. Alker should be a man and support Parker or leave with the utter distain of the fans of the club we all love ringing in his ears. If Alker is still haveing an underhand influence on the players who may still be loyal to him this shows that the club he professes to love means a great deal less to him than that.

Parker on the other hand is doing the best of a hand that has been fausted upon him at short notice, he is for me the wrong appointment as he seems to be a quiet character but as was plain to see on Friday is trying his best to gee up his charges when the game and more than likely the season is lost. I has never felt so ashamed to be a Salford fan in my life at the treatment meated out to Parker on Friday and I can only assume that the people doing the booing were the simpletons who still think that Alker should be captain and that a professional sporting club should make an exception for him and allow him to continue after his digrecions.

I accuse the people who boo'd Parker on Friday off haveing little or no knowledge of the game and would invite them to save the more enlightened amongst us the shame of haveing to stand in the same stadium as you following a team we love and you quite frankly show utter disrespect for.

100% agree with your sentiments , however no amount of common sense will change the belief that the only saviour now is St Mal of Alker, the man who can do no wrong. I supported the clubs actions after the US and no amount of "we want our captain back" or booing of Rob Parker, who does deserve our support, from the idiots around the ground will have any effect on the clubs decision.
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner1103No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 22 200321 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
14th Feb 14 23:3012th Jan 13 11:20LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

: Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:42 pm  
Michigan red wrote:

A good and sensible post MR. I have written, less eloquently, similar feelings on another post. Rob Parker is NOT the problem here and the booing of him on Friday was shameful and an embarrassment to most fans who were mystified by it!
PreviousNext