OnlineLast PostLast Page
12th Sep 23 20:2014th Jan 11 19:54LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
"Manchester is my heaven"

: Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:51 pm  
Someone, can't remember who, pointed out last night, and I have to agree with them that McRae and Paul's media career probably has sod all to do with the posistion we are currently In. Everyone of our squad has things they take part in outside of RL and just because SM and RP's is high-lighted, they take the blame. I personally feel we would probably be better off getting rid of SM, but who would come in? Cullen? McCormack? :roll: I personally think Simms would get the job and I don't think that would be to bad of a decision, look back to the '07 season, the best rugby we played in that season, and arguably the best we have played since was when Simms and Lowes were in charge.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach593No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 26 200618 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
1st Sep 16 13:151st Sep 16 13:14LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

: Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:06 pm  
on the way to the game had gmr on in the car listening to an interview with mcrae who said he could not believe why salford fans got so emotional and upset at a rugby result he said after all it is just a game and not the end of the world how can he make a statement like that is beyond me
well mr mcrae it may not be the end of the world and the result may not care much to you but it sure does to me and most of the salford fans i can hack losing but its the perfomances on the pitch which i cant put up with no pride in the shirt from some of the players
so from now on i will not be so emotional at our away games because i wont be there i will keep my hard earned cash say around 50 quid for me and my lad to get in with a couple of pints and bite to eat firmly in my pocket
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner1103No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 22 200321 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
14th Feb 14 23:3012th Jan 13 11:20LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

: Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:03 pm  
mctiques headband wrote:
on the way to the game had gmr on in the car listening to an interview with mcrae who said he could not believe why salford fans got so emotional and upset at a rugby result he said after all it is just a game and not the end of the world how can he make a statement like that is beyond me
well mr mcrae it may not be the end of the world and the result may not care much to you but it sure does to me and most of the salford fans i can hack losing but its the perfomances on the pitch which i cant put up with no pride in the shirt from some of the players
so from now on i will not be so emotional at our away games because i wont be there i will keep my hard earned cash say around 50 quid for me and my lad to get in with a couple of pints and bite to eat firmly in my pocket

Exactly the same feeling from me mate! I have my ST so am commited to the Home games but I refuse to waste any more of my hard earned cash going to away games to watch this cr@p. After 45 years of watching Salford I have finally had enough of this endless rubbish and pretence. Last night was the final straw - a clueless display by players who often try hard but are simply not up to the job, unsupported by other players who seem to be disinterested, led by a Coach who doesn't seem to have their respect or a Plan A, let alone a Plan B. A Coach who doesn't seem to understand the passion of the supporters???? A free holiday to Florida, where they can behave either like idiots or animals depending on which rumour you follow - get them on the Brecon Beacons next January if its team spirit and grit the team need? Haven't we all the sports technology we require at Salford Uni?
I am equally incensed by the 'pulling' of the thread questioning the drinking culture amongst the players, where an arrogant WAG called supporters "Fickle" and "Idiots" for not knowing the secrets of the real story - has such censorship spread to our supporters board? What will ever happen to the new ground? Everyone is told a different story and, frankly, I am sick of it all. I used to look forward to the games and love shouting my team on; win, lose or draw but how the hell can you get inspired by a trip to Knowsley Road with the so-called 'team' we have now? :( :( :( :(
Iain 
RankPostsTeam
Moderator7760No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 22 200122 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
11th Apr 18 11:3931st Oct 16 20:28LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Prestwich - the original heart of Salfordshire

: Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:34 pm  
OK, the thread has now been de-HullKRed, and is 2 and a half pages shorter now. Can we please keep on topic?
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5313No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 13 200519 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
8th Jul 12 10:133rd May 12 21:11LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Dave Lister wrote:
I reckon Salford's fans are the friendliest i've come across and haven't got a bad word to say about them

:CLAP: Love him or hate him, 163 consecutive appearances should make Stuart Littler a Salford legend in anyone's book :CLAP:

: Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:28 pm  
GanEden wrote:
Mcrae puts more effort into his Sky summarising!

How in God's name would you know?!

Long distance keyboard warrior with no knowledge or first hand experience of this year's squad

... yep, you're perfectly places to make critical comments! :roll:

McRae was quite warmly accepted by most on here when he arrived. I don't remember many doing somersaults in excitement but at least he was a 'household name' with plenty of experience.

Admittedly there were plenty of Hull FC fans warning us about him, and even some Saints and Souths fans, but we're pretty much stuck with him now. Does anyone on here really expected JAW and Co to dig even deeper into their pockets to pay him off, then replace him, when there's no threat of relegation?

I don't like the way we're playing at present any more than anyone else but to demand the coaches' head after 4 games in a new league is ust ridiculous - we're starting to sound like Wire fans!

Because JAW isn't as head-strong or prone to knee-jerk reactions as most of our fans I full expect McRae to be given at least half a season to build things up. I only hope that the fans are willing to stick around until that time, because otherwise we might be getting smaller crowds than Swinton?!
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach605No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 17 200816 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Jan 14 16:2321st Dec 13 18:12LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
To die of thirst we have no fear.
As long as we get Holts' beer!!!!

: Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:17 pm  
It would appear that our long serving captain has been stripped of his title because of ... how can I say this????????? A disagreement with Mr McRae in Florida!!!!

Apart from that and the appearance that non of the players seem to want to play for him (the only reason they rallied in the 2nd half was because of what the fans did at half time), I don't believe he is a very good coach.
1. He plays one out football.
2. The changes he made last night were enforced by injury except for 1
(he played a stand off on the wing and dropped Mark Henry, who while he hasn't set the world on fire can hardly be blamed for all 52 points at Cas now can he???)
3. His defensive pattern is based on an outdated stack defence which leaves our wingers exposed to a long cut out pass.

To young Danny who thinks we should have Steve Simms, he wouldn't know his booty from his elbow let alone a decent Rugby player. Ask yourself who signs these players? Mr Simms!!!!

I don't want a household name!!!! John Monie wasn't a household name til he went to Wigan and look what he did.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5313No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 13 200519 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Dave Lister wrote:
I reckon Salford's fans are the friendliest i've come across and haven't got a bad word to say about them

:CLAP: Love him or hate him, 163 consecutive appearances should make Stuart Littler a Salford legend in anyone's book :CLAP:

: Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:02 pm  
red13pjb wrote:
Ask yourself who signs these players? Mr Simms!!!

Not wanting to let the truth get in the way of a good rant, but isn't it actually our coach who selects the players he wants to sign, and Simms simply does the deal with the player/agent?
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2163No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 07 200518 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
10th Mar 17 16:0912th Apr 16 15:58LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

: Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:11 pm  
Fatboys Limb wrote:
Not wanting to let the truth get in the way of a good rant, but isn't it actually our coach who selects the players he wants to sign, and Simms simply does the deal with the player/agent?

Correct, but most of the anti Simms brigade can't see that.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5313No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 13 200519 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Dave Lister wrote:

: Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:16 pm  
billybradshawsmum wrote:

No wonder, all he does is enjoy free holidays in Australia at our expense?! :evil:

:wink:
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner2898No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 30 200221 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
12th May 15 15:4612th May 15 15:41LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
this will not be the end, or even the beginning of the end.
It is merely the end of the beginning
Image Image

: Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:19 am  
billybradshawsmum wrote:

So does that actually mean you blame Mcrea then Shirl? Or are you protecting Simms?
PreviousNext