RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
22 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Odsal
Re: Odsal Fri May 14, 2021 7:36 am  

User avatarPumpetypump wrote:
Pumpetypump User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2002 12:55 pm
Posts: 7576
Location: LS9

We were told that maintenance just to keep the dump safe was £350k per annum. Now whether that's true or not I couldn't say, but the issue of affordability has never really been about rent which is pretty tiny.
Re: Odsal Fri May 14, 2021 8:38 am  
Huddersfield1895 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:08 am
Posts: 1672
Pumpetypump wrote:
We were told that maintenance just to keep the dump safe was £350k per annum. Now whether that's true or not I couldn't say, but the issue of affordability has never really been about rent which is pretty tiny.

What ever it is the cost of maintenance will go up every year.That's a given
For me from the outside looking in i can't see how the Bulls can afford to return to Odsal the the near future as i can't see where the money will come from as it wasn't there before, not unless there is a sugar daddy waiting in the wings which obviously i wouldn't be aware of.
Re: Odsal Fri May 14, 2021 8:42 am  
Maccbull_BigBullyBooaza User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:53 pm
Posts: 6578
Pumpetypump wrote:
We were told that maintenance just to keep the dump safe was £350k per annum. Now whether that's true or not I couldn't say, but the issue of affordability has never really been about rent which is pretty tiny.



That maintenance cost was being shouldered solely by the club under the previous deal. Maybe a new deal would share that out between the various stakeholders ie. council, Bulls, that stock car racing bloke and RFL? Let’s be honest the twisted tale of our largest shareholder’s involvement with the club before and after him leaving the RFL is pretty murky.

Getting it up to a safe standard (safe not necessarily decent) won’t be an issue as that’s being taken care of by the stock car promotors that have been carrying out work there.

It may also be motivated by the news yesterday that Kirklees council have only been allowed to allow 700 fans to return to Tetley’s stadium after COVID.

Either way as someone who has had great memories from watching games at the old girl over the last 30 years I’m not massively excited about a return “home”.
Re: Odsal Fri May 14, 2021 8:50 am  

User avatarvbfg wrote:
vbfg User avatar
Neither a moderator nor an admin be
Neither a moderator nor an admin be

Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2001 6:06 am
Posts: 7594
Location: The People's Republic of Goatistan

Bulls4 wrote:
As very well pointed out earlier, we had interested parties, some even had money, but these were turned away mostly in part by the man who eventually got hold of the reigns. Slightly suspicious.


Precisely the moment I walked from the game entirely.

Pure chance that I hit "f" in the address bar on an old computer today and this site came up and I decided to take a nosy.

I may go to the odd non-Bradford game. I will certainly pick unreasonable fights with Welsh colleagues in my (north) Wales based employer. I will not put any money in to that club while that man is involved. When it all burns to the ground again I doubt I'll even notice.

I am very far from the only one with that view point.
When my club didn't exist it was still bigger than yours
Re: Odsal Fri May 14, 2021 8:55 am  

User avatarBullseye wrote:
Bullseye User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2001 12:04 pm
Posts: 30125
Location: The Corridor of Uncertainty
The club has always struggled financially while it's had to pay for stadium upkeep itself. The only time it did not was 1986-2000 when the Council paid for the upkeep. It's no coincidence that the club's fortunes went downhill fairly quickly after the re-development fell through in 2002/3.

One thing that always puzzled me was Chalmers saying how unaffordable Odsal was when he was quite clearly spending nothing on it - but I suppose he didn't have two brass farthings to rub together when Wood approved his application sio he was never able to spend anything.

Things behind the scenes are more unclear than ever and I trust Wood about as far as I could throw him but he must know whether a move back to Odsal is affordable or not. I just hope it's not predicated on yet another poop or bust tilt at SL.
"If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them," - Wayne Bennett.
Re: Odsal Fri May 14, 2021 8:56 am  

User avatarvbfg wrote:
vbfg User avatar
Neither a moderator nor an admin be
Neither a moderator nor an admin be

Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2001 6:06 am
Posts: 7594
Location: The People's Republic of Goatistan

A poop from Wood will bust anything it lands on.

As evidence I submit the sport of Rugby League.
When my club didn't exist it was still bigger than yours
Re: Odsal Fri May 14, 2021 9:11 am  

M@islebugs wrote:
M@islebugs Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 2:31 pm
Posts: 1752
Huddersfield1895 wrote:
What ever it is the cost of maintenance will go up every year.That's a given
For me from the outside looking in i can't see how the Bulls can afford to return to Odsal the the near future as i can't see where the money will come from as it wasn't there before, not unless there is a sugar daddy waiting in the wings which obviously i wouldn't be aware of.


You've no idea what the cost of maintenance is. Maintenance costs go up and down depending on what needs fixing or replacing. It isn't index linked. There is only one stand and only the roof is an actual structure. The terracing is not that old.
Re: Odsal Fri May 14, 2021 9:17 am  
Huddersfield1895 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:08 am
Posts: 1672
Maccbull_BigBullyBooaza wrote:
That maintenance cost was being shouldered solely by the club under the previous deal. Maybe a new deal would share that out between the various stakeholders ie. council, Bulls, that stock car racing bloke and RFL? Let’s be honest the twisted tale of our largest shareholder’s involvement with the club before and after him leaving the RFL is pretty murky.

Getting it up to a safe standard (safe not necessarily decent) won’t be an issue as that’s being taken care of by the stock car promotors that have been carrying out work there.

It may also be motivated by the news yesterday that Kirklees council have only been allowed to allow 700 fans to return to Tetley’s stadium after COVID.

Either way as someone who has had great memories from watching games at the old girl over the last 30 years I’m not massively excited about a return “home”.

I don't see how the RFL can help the Bulls return to Odsal financially than they are already doing.
My understanding is that the rent they charged was very reasonable and the RFL being penurious i can't see how they can reduce it if the Bulls returned and certainly won't be able to help with the Maintenance costs, Nigel Wood is kidding himself if he thinks this will happen, but he could proof me wrong.
He's leaving the RFL for me raised more questions than answers
Re: Odsal Fri May 14, 2021 9:22 am  
Huddersfield1895 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:08 am
Posts: 1672
M@islebugs wrote:
You've no idea what the cost of maintenance is. Maintenance costs go up and down depending on what needs fixing or replacing. It isn't index linked. There is only one stand and only the roof is an actual structure. The terracing is not that old.

Maintenance costs never go down year on year.
If the Bulls can't afford to pay there share of maintenance costs they won't be returning to Odsal, and for the record I WANT THE BULLS TO RETURN TO ODSAL
Re: Odsal Fri May 14, 2021 11:33 am  
Maccbull_BigBullyBooaza User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:53 pm
Posts: 6578
Huddersfield1895 wrote:
I don't see how the RFL can help the Bulls return to Odsal financially than they are already doing.
My understanding is that the rent they charged was very reasonable and the RFL being penurious i can't see how they can reduce it if the Bulls returned and certainly won't be able to help with the Maintenance costs, Nigel Wood is kidding himself if he thinks this will happen, but he could proof me wrong.
He's leaving the RFL for me raised more questions than answers


We’ve no idea what’s going on behind the scenes and being honest I’ve more faith that every single COVID contract handed out to a Tory donor or peer was above board than the shenanigans around odsal stadium.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ratticusfinch, rollin thunder, rugbyreddog, Salford red all over, scarrie, The Ghost of '99, wire-quin and 105 guests

Quick Reply



Subject:
Message:

   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to The Virtual Terrace


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDTEAM
5,166,9111,25978,6216,308LOGIN
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
RLFANS Match Centre
Sat 12th Jun
SL
LIVE
Leigh6-6Catalans
NRL RND: 14 Gold Coast34-35Sydney
NRL RND: 14 Souths24-10Newcastle
NRL RND: 14 Canberra38-16Brisbane
Fri 11th Jun
SL
LIVE
Hull KR40-4Salford
SL
LIVE
Warrington38-18Wakefield
NRL RND: 14 Manly50-18NQL Cowboys
NRL RND: 14 Cronulla19-18Penrith
Thu 10th Jun
SL RND: 9 Castleford12-30Hull FC
Wed 9th Jun
SOO RND: 1 Queensland6-50New South Wales
Sun 6th Jun
CH RND: 6 Bradford31-12Newcastle
CH RND: 6 Halifax46-12Sheffield
SLRND: 13 Wakefield30-20Leigh
NRL RND: 13 Newcastle4-40Parramatta
L1 RND: 5 Workington34-20Keighley
L1 RND: 5 Crusaders36-12Coventry
L1 RND: 5 Doncaster46-12LondonS
L1 RND: 5 Hunslet36-22Rochdale
1895 RND: 1 York36-22Swinton
1895 RND: 1 Featherstone24-18Widnes
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
National Rugby League 2021 ROUND : 14
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Penrith 14 418 133 285 24
Melbourne 13 430 162 268 22
Parramatta 13 360 212 148 20
Souths 13 341 282 59 20
Sydney 13 379 223 156 18
Manly 13 315 282 33 14
 
St.George 13 293 284 9 12
NQL Cowboys 13 264 383 -119 12
NZ Warriors 12 265 305 -40 10
Cronulla 13 244 298 -54 10
Wests 13 280 334 -54 10
Gold Coast 14 318 380 -62 10
Canberra 13 257 321 -64 10
Newcastle 14 231 366 -135 10
Brisbane 14 232 436 -204 6
Canterbury 12 134 360 -226 2
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Super League XXVI ROUND : 9
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
St.Helens 8 206 70 136 14 294.29 87.50
Catalans 8 232 112 120 14 207.14 87.50
Wigan 8 158 136 22 14 116.18 87.50
Warrington 9 302 157 145 13 192.36 72.22
Hull FC 9 179 143 36 11 125.17 61.11
Hull KR 9 223 204 19 10 109.31 55.56
 
Castleford 9 185 232 -47 8 79.74 44.44
Leeds 8 150 136 14 6 110.29 37.50
Huddersfield 8 150 162 -12 6 92.59 37.50
Wakefield 9 163 231 -68 4 70.56 22.22
Salford 9 106 289 -183 2 36.68 11.11
Leigh 8 104 286 -182 0 36.36 0
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Championship 2021 ROUND : 9
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Toulouse 6 291 58 233 12 501.72 100
Featherstone 7 262 76 186 14 344.74 100
Bradford 8 228 172 56 14 132.56 87.50
Batley 7 204 140 64 10 145.71 71.43
LondonB 8 202 194 8 9 104.12 56.25
Halifax 8 241 129 112 8 186.82 50
 
York 8 213 150 63 8 142 50
Widnes 8 204 239 -35 7 85.36 43.75
Dewsbury 7 103 171 -68 6 60.23 42.86
Sheffield 8 179 221 -42 6 81 37.50
Whitehaven 8 140 254 -114 5 55.12 31.25
Oldham 8 106 298 -192 4 35.57 25
Newcastle 7 132 216 -84 3 61.11 21.43
Swinton 8 122 309 -187 0 39.48 0
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred League One 2021 ROUND : 5
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Barrow 5 211 62 149 10 340.32 100
Workington 5 180 94 86 8 191.49 80
Doncaster 5 182 126 56 8 144.44 80
Coventry 4 106 114 -8 4 92.98 50
Keighley 5 158 135 23 4 117.04 40
Rochdale 5 157 156 1 4 100.64 40
 
Crusaders 5 122 150 -28 4 81.33 40
Hunslet 5 84 137 -53 4 61.31 40
LondonS 4 104 150 -46 2 69.33 25
West Wales 5 70 250 -180 0 28 0
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Womens Super League 2021 ROUND : 5
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
St.HelensW 3 230 6 224 6 3,833.33 100
LeedsW 3 214 22 192 6 972.73 100
WiganW 3 158 18 140 6 877.78 100
CastlefordW 3 104 24 80 6 433.33 100
YorkW 3 76 102 -26 2 74.51 33.33
Hudds W 3 38 178 -140 2 21.35 33.33
 
FeatherstoneW 4 74 164 -90 2 45.12 25
BradfordW 4 60 180 -120 2 33.33 25
Wire W 3 42 146 -104 0 28.77 0
WakefieldW 3 16 172 -156 0 9.30 0
RLFANS Recent Posts




X