JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 23 20213 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th Jun 21 06:1525th Jun 21 12:56LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

No streaming of the Widnes fixture : Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:02 am  
Why isn’t the Widnes game being streamed . It’s denying supporters Iike me that live hundreds of miles away who physically can’t go to the game the opportunity to watch the team they have suported all their lives .
I have paid for every game this season on our league app, supported this club in their hours of need . Put my hand in my pocket to help them move forward , then to be denied the ability to see them play is scandalous.
Come on someone who makes poop decisions like this get your parochial hand out of your backside and reverse it or risk alienating die hard supporters like me .
I’m extremely annoyed , no wonder RL’s reputation as an organisation stinks .
Do something positive for a change .
RankPostsTeam
International Star2024
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 28 200914 years265th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 18:2026th Mar 24 17:14LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: No streaming of the Widnes fixture : Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:57 am  
Is it the club that have stooped this or has it reverted back to pre Covid when streaming didn’t exist, poss for contractual reasons???
RankPostsTeam
International Star738No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 24 201410 years253rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Jan 24 23:0923rd Nov 22 10:35LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: No streaming of the Widnes fixture : Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:53 am  
Borderbull wrote:
Why isn’t the Widnes game being streamed . It’s denying supporters Iike me that live hundreds of miles away who physically can’t go to the game the opportunity to watch the team they have suported all their lives .
I have paid for every game this season on our league app, supported this club in their hours of need . Put my hand in my pocket to help them move forward , then to be denied the ability to see them play is scandalous.
Come on someone who makes poop decisions like this get your parochial hand out of your backside and reverse it or risk alienating die hard supporters like me .

Bulls aren't the only club to stop streaming games, only 2 games are streamed on Our League this week. Fans are allowed into games again, pre-covid you couldn't stream games so it's just going back to normal. Out of interest what did you do before this season?
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach8023No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 23 200816 years281st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
16th Mar 24 11:3713th Mar 24 10:45LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: No streaming of the Widnes fixture : Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:35 am  
Borderbull wrote:

Streaming was only ever going to be a stop gap measure whilst Covid-19 was restricting supporters being able to attend games.

Now that the vast majority of Championship clubs can adequately and safely accommodate their supporters, there is no need to stream the games.

The streaming of games was only ever going to be a temporary platform because of the pandemic and now that the clubs can accommodate supporters, the decision has been taken to stop the streaming of games.

I’d challenge the alienating part of your post because prior to this season, there was virtually no consistent live streaming of Championship games featuring one club.

I know the decision has caused a great deal of frustration amongst supporters who live outside the city and have benefited greatly from the streams but the reality is that the streaming of games was only ever a short term measure to provide clubs with some income until the safe return of supporters.

Moving forward, the games home and away will still be on local radio, so there is that option.

I know from 2022 onwards the RFL are looking at a number of different models for those supporters living outside the UK, something similar to the EFL iFollow service where those outside of the UK can pay to watch the games etc…
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1218No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 26 200618 years169th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
26th Aug 23 09:3924th Aug 23 15:06LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: No streaming of the Widnes fixture : Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:49 pm  
Good its a sensible decision. Why would the club continuento stream it when both attendances have been below the 4000 permitted in to the ground. If we were turning thousands away each game that couldnt watch it then fair enough keep it running.

Hopefully those have chosen to stay at home will now go to the games meaning they will be sell outs.

Its just not financially viable for the club when a family of 4 can stay at home and watch it for a fiver instead of paying £60 to be there in person.

I know there are people.who live all over the country that will no longer benefit but lets be honest, you didnt have this luxury before COVID so youre in no worse position than u were at the start of the 2020 season.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach126No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 15 200717 years299th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 16:297th Oct 23 06:10LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: No streaming of the Widnes fixture : Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:06 pm  
I get the points above but it's a new world we live in now and streaming is part of it.
People have got used to watching it at home. Ifollow have for a couple of seasons allowed UK supporters to pay for games that aren't 3pm Saturday (as this time has been specially reserved for years by the football league, although they are now thinking of changing that).
At a fiver, where a few people could watch it, was fine during Covid restrictions, but long term it isnt financially viable for the club. However they could put the price up so people could choose to watch at home wherever they live, or choose to go to the game. We all prefer to be there in person and if the prices are closer, the ones who can, probably will go. This is then an extra income for the club for those that live further away, or are away, or have mobility or other issues that mean they can't attend, it allows these people to support the club still. Some that can't afford to take their whole family right now, can still watch it and stay connected, hopefully to return in the future.
The EFL will go that way permanently, RL should look at it and consider it.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach8971No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 03 200519 years165th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 23:5127th Mar 24 19:13LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: No streaming of the Widnes fixture : Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:06 pm  
VanGinger wrote:
I get the points above but it's a new world we live in now and streaming is part of it.
People have got used to watching it at home. Ifollow have for a couple of seasons allowed UK supporters to pay for games that aren't 3pm Saturday (as this time has been specially reserved for years by the football league, although they are now thinking of changing that).
At a fiver, where a few people could watch it, was fine during Covid restrictions, but long term it isnt financially viable for the club. However they could put the price up so people could choose to watch at home wherever they live, or choose to go to the game. We all prefer to be there in person and if the prices are closer, the ones who can, probably will go. This is then an extra income for the club for those that live further away, or are away, or have mobility or other issues that mean they can't attend, it allows these people to support the club still. Some that can't afford to take their whole family right now, can still watch it and stay connected, hopefully to return in the future.
The EFL will go that way permanently, RL should look at it and consider it.

Absolutely, I think a few on here probably need to move with the times a little! I agree that 5 quid isn't viable but I think streaming is something that is here to stay and clubs need to be seriously thinking how they can use it to their advantage. Obviously RL is a poor sport but I'm not convinced that having a streaming option is suddenly going see crowds plummet or not showing it is going to see those who might of paid to watch the stream descend on Odsal with the entire family.
RankPostsTeam
International Star1882
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 09 201113 years281st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 09:3623rd Mar 24 13:24LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
广东佛山市顺德区中国 Guangdong Fo Shan City Shun De China

Re: No streaming of the Widnes fixture : Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:50 pm  
i'll throw my hat in .... from 2010 ive scrambled to find online updates or live commentary for bulls games (the time i actually came to live in China) ... all social/media websites are blocked here. Luckly i came across the marvel of vpns :) (although hit and miss). it wasnt till BCBradio started live bulls games i could listen to a full game (happy days). later bulls did their facebook free streamimg during our champ 2 season (2018 i think and also vpn reliant). pay per stream is a no for me (although i will gladly pay) as they require paypal (also blocked and tried with a chinese visa card ... still no go and even if i could pay im still relying on a vpn). others on this website like Blotto (who i think did a stint in china) and jackmac (who seems to live in a place where internet is unheard of) also struggle.

my meaning is, im just happy getting any updates
RankPostsTeam
Fringe Player2No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 23 20213 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th Jun 21 06:1525th Jun 21 12:56LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: No streaming of the Widnes fixture : Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:56 pm  
Couldn’t agree more with VanGinger . I live 200 miles away , it’s not that simple to travel to see every game especially with a disability. It’s a different world we live in prior to covid so things need to change . Attitudes need to change . Rugby League is far too parochial in its outlook . I would happily pay the going rate to see my team play .
Agreed it’s not the same as being there in person but to deny others the pleasure of not watching a favourite team is churlish and short sighted .
Covids here to stay for a long time yet I’m afraid so every revenue stream should be explored , just to ditch it isn’t the answer .
RankPostsTeam
International Star1882
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 09 201113 years281st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 09:3623rd Mar 24 13:24LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
广东佛山市顺德区中国 Guangdong Fo Shan City Shun De China

Re: No streaming of the Widnes fixture : Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:12 pm  
just like to add... recently ive been spamming score updates on RAB but heres the rub ... this forum appears to work here but in order to provide updates my vpn has to work to listen to the games. on here to get your updates, online commentary comes to me from California (where my vpn puts me) then updates of course comeback via California to england. A lot of digging i went through to get to this position .. can sympathize with Borderbull or any Bulls fan not able to attend but there are still countless bulls fans all over the world (and for what ever reason) cant get any updates or listen (let alone watch).
Next