Mar 03 200519 years184th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
16th May 24 22:0714th May 24 06:07LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: new chairman : Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:30 am  
bulls2487 wrote:
I appreciate what John Kear has done for the Bulls but I think we need to look at a younger coach with fresh ideas. E.g someone like James Ford or Danny Ward other clubs seem to be going down that route Eamonn O'Carroll at Newcastle and Rhys Lovegrove at Keighley. Lee Greenwood at Dewsbury would be a good shout.

I am not calling for Kear to be sacked, he has done enough in the game to be given some time to pull things together this year. I must admit though, over the years I have always seen John Kear coached sides to be consistently difficult to beat even though the rugby isn't always the most exciting to watch. I can live with that if it gets results, but I'm not sure he ever quite achieved that so far at the Bulls. He has often worked on tight budgets as well so he should in theory be a good fit for us.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach197No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 21 200618 years315th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
14th May 24 07:491st Apr 24 15:55LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: new chairman : Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:32 pm  
bulls2487 wrote:
He was involved in selecting the owners yes, he did attend Bulls games from January 2017 as was seen on a regular basis, What I am getting at is without him stepping up to Full ownership we would of gone into Admin in November 2019, another 12 point deduction or relegation to League 1(which would of got carried over due to Covid-19) or no one came in and the end of club again. Would you prefer a year where we finish mid table or bottom of the league and relegated?

Hi guys been a while since i was on here.. Wasnt NW reponsible for appointing Mark Green & Chalmers ? instead of the other syndicates including Mr & Mrs Koucash ? Seems to me he orchastrated his rise to chairman a long time ago... interesting to see how this pans out.. He saved us yes he did but we are miles away from being anything other than mid table... agree totally with a new young coach, would like to see Rowan Smith given another go if he was interested.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3113
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 26 200519 years241st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
16th May 24 22:387th May 24 09:36LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Pollsters doing Excellent job - say recent polls.

Re: new chairman : Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:16 pm  
RankPostsTeam
Moderator10969
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 01 200222 years303rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
21st Jan 23 15:1321st Jun 22 13:35LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
Mark Twain

Build Bridges NOT Walls

Re: new chairman : Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:52 pm  
smiffythebull wrote:
Hi guys been a while since i was on here.. Wasnt NW reponsible for appointing Mark Green & Chalmers ? instead of the other syndicates including Mr & Mrs Koucash ? Seems to me he orchastrated his rise to chairman a long time ago... interesting to see how this pans out.. He saved us yes he did but we are miles away from being anything other than mid table... agree totally with a new young coach, would like to see Rowan Smith given another go if he was interested.

With regards to NW he was part of the RFL hierarchy at the time though I'm far from sure it would ever have been his sole decision, in fact I doubt very much that it was. That the RFL, as a controlling group were responsible, there is no doubt in my mind, they were guilty as charged.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1209
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 06 20168 years257th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
15th May 24 06:3416th Apr 24 06:51LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: new chairman : Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:33 am  
It's hard to know but he was effectively the RFL so I'd say it's at his door.

There was an article in the T&A which quoted Chalmers saying Rimmer and Wood told him in the December before liquidation that he and Lowe would get it but they'd have to ride out a couple of bumps first.

If we end up a cock up like at Fax we'll not come back.

The worrying thing now is, after watching the CC this weekend and seeing where the other 3 SL championship winning clubs are, I don't think I'd care. There's little skin left on this dead horse.
Nothus 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5873No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 04 200519 years241st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
16th May 24 08:3614th May 24 08:32LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: new chairman : Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:18 am  
Scarey71 wrote:
It's hard to know but he was effectively the RFL so I'd say it's at his door.

There was an article in the T&A which quoted Chalmers saying Rimmer and Wood told him in the December before liquidation that he and Lowe would get it but they'd have to ride out a couple of bumps first.

If we end up a cock up like at Fax we'll not come back.

The worrying thing now is, after watching the CC this weekend and seeing where the other 3 SL championship winning clubs are, I don't think I'd care. There's little skin left on this dead horse.

I'd say Wood's tenure has absolutely no bearing on whether we 'come back' or not. This club's chances of being back at the top of the game died a long time ago.
The money is gone, the crowds are gone, the quality players are gone. This is what we are now, a mediocre championship side.
RankPostsTeam
Moderator31609
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 22 200122 years74th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
17th May 24 05:5415th May 24 09:20LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
"If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them," - Wayne Bennett.

Re: new chairman : Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:47 am  
Nothus wrote:
I'd say Wood's tenure has absolutely no bearing on whether we 'come back' or not. This club's chances of being back at the top of the game died a long time ago.
The money is gone, the crowds are gone, the quality players are gone. This is what we are now, a mediocre championship side.

Unfortunately correct. The young players coming through now barely remember us even being in SL never mind when we actually won anything. We've become like Huddersfield were in the 70s/80s, a side that was great years ago, playing in a museum piece ground in front of dwindling crowds. I remember back in those days RL commentators would go on about how good it would be to see Hudders back in the big time and reminisce about players like Lionel Cooper. It was all long before my time. It's getting like that now when us old fogies talk about past players.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4534
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 31 200518 years254th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
16th May 24 20:1226th Mar 24 18:28LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: new chairman : Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:57 am  
Bullseye wrote:
Unfortunately correct. The young players coming through now barely remember us even being in SL never mind when we actually won anything. We've become like Huddersfield were in the 70s/80s, a side that was great years ago, playing in a museum piece ground in front of dwindling crowds I remember back in those days RL commentators would go on about how good it would be to see Hudders back in the big time and reminisce about players like Lionel Cooper. It was all long before my time. It's getting like that now when us old fogies talk about past players.

That's a very helpful analogy, Bullseye. I'm sure many of us recall standing on crumbling terraces at Fartown, now those crumbling terraces are our own! Another analogy - certainly if we don't get back to Bradford soon - would be Swinton.

The way Huddersfield got out that particular rut was the arrival of Ken Davy with his large bank account. Not sure there's a 'Ken Davy' around for us, or surely they would have emerged sometime over the past few years?
RankPostsTeam
Moderator10969
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 01 200222 years303rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
21st Jan 23 15:1321st Jun 22 13:35LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
Mark Twain

Build Bridges NOT Walls

Re: new chairman : Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:19 pm  
Bullseye wrote:
Unfortunately correct. The young players coming through now barely remember us even being in SL never mind when we actually won anything. We've become like Huddersfield were in the 70s/80s, a side that was great years ago, playing in a museum piece ground in front of dwindling crowds. I remember back in those days RL commentators would go on about how good it would be to see Hudders back in the big time and reminisce about players like Lionel Cooper. It was all long before my time. It's getting like that now when us old fogies talk about past players.

I guess there is some analogy there but I wonder if Hudds will ever get back to where they were? By that I clearly don't mean in the top division but at the top of it, winning lots of trophies consistently, that sort of thing

. It was strange to hear commentators, I think it was on Sky, wondering out loud about who was going to challenge the clubs who have won the championship and, as still one of the only 4 to do so, we got a mention.
RankPostsTeam
Moderator31609
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 22 200122 years74th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
17th May 24 05:5415th May 24 09:20LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
"If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them," - Wayne Bennett.

Re: new chairman : Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:22 pm  
paulwalker71 wrote:
That's a very helpful analogy, Bullseye. I'm sure many of us recall standing on crumbling terraces at Fartown, now those crumbling terraces are our own! Another analogy - certainly if we don't get back to Bradford soon - would be Swinton.

The way Huddersfield got out that particular rut was the arrival of Ken Davy with his large bank account. Not sure there's a 'Ken Davy' around for us, or surely they would have emerged sometime over the past few years?

Funnily enough a crumbling Fartown was exactly what I was thinking of. A place that had certainly seen better days. As you say Davy was the key for them. We've never had anyone like that behind the club in its entire history. Our successful periods 1940-1950, 1977-85, 1996-2006 were never due to a big money backer so perhaps we don't need one? The success in each case was down to the club having good, trustworthy and reliable people in charge with a vision and the appointment of enthusiastic and highly qualified employees. Names like Harry Hornby, Trevor Foster, Joe Phillips, and Harry Womersley inspired everyone under them. I know Caisley had his faults but he brought in some good people like Peter Deakin and others who transformed the club. We need people like that again. Is Nigel up to task? His record doesn't suggest so and the lukewarm tones of his recent interview don't inspire confidence.

Swinton and maybe Oldham are examples of great clubs that were cut adrift from their communities at the time. I'm not sure either have ever recovered. Let's hope we aren't following in their footsteps, even a period of treading water at Odsal in the mid to lower part of the championship is better than becoming nomads. Some day our Prince will come...
PreviousNext