JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 26 200518 years240th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
17th Apr 24 18:4415th Apr 24 14:05LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Pollsters doing Excellent job - say recent polls.

Re: Toronto and our chances of SL invite : Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:15 am  
The money - our Championship funding this year was about £300k iirc - then the sky rebate will be removed. But if we get the 12th slot in SL we get £1m funding. Is that in addition to or instead of the £300k?
RankPostsTeam
International Star4332
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 09 201113 years228th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
17th Apr 24 15:219th Apr 24 08:31LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
BULLSBOY2011:
'Pain is temporary, Pride is forever!'

Bradford Bulls Fan Since Birth :)

Re: Toronto and our chances of SL invite : Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:16 am  
Highlander wrote:
The money - our Championship funding this year was about £300k iirc - then the sky rebate will be removed. But if we get the 12th slot in SL we get £1m funding. Is that in addition to or instead of the £300k?

We will have kept the £300,000 (using your figures) minus our share of the rebate for the 2020 season. If we get SL we’ll just get the £1million. Then whoever was below us in Champ should get ours and everyone below us would move up one place in the table and get the relevent funding. Then I would assume the L1 club that takes our place in the Champ would get the funding that the 12th place finish would get?

I’m just guessing but that’s how it normally works, but nothings certain these days.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1209
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 06 20168 years256th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
17th Apr 24 06:3416th Apr 24 06:51LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Toronto and our chances of SL invite : Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:45 am  
I almost think it's now worth getting the place just to watch the coronary figures in Calderdale go through the roof....

Who needs a stadium when you can live, rent free, in their head day after day?

What's wrong with them? Is it the fact we don't hate them back that make them feel jilted and ignored and so more angry? It's hilarious! Low flying toys and dummies everywhere. Grown men on twitter calling all Bradford fans Cnuts for what?

Poor sods.
RankPostsTeam
Moderator8081
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 02 200222 years92nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
16th Apr 24 16:2413th Apr 24 19:44LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
//www.twitter.com/pumpetypump

Re: Toronto and our chances of SL invite : Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:58 am  
Scarey71 wrote:
What's wrong with them? Is it the fact we don't hate them back that make them feel jilted and ignored and so more angry? It's hilarious! Low flying toys and dummies everywhere. Grown men on twitter calling all Bradford fans Cnuts for what?

Poor sods.

Something about social media appears to take people's gripes and grievances and dial them up to 100. I try to remember that generally people aren't quite as loony as you see on Facebook or Twitter. But to be fair we can't expect anyone to forgive us for luring people in Shelf to come to Odsal over 15 years ago. Too raw.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach9335
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 18 200519 years57th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
17th Apr 24 16:577th Apr 24 16:50LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."― Albert Einstein

"Everybody gets so much information all day long that they lose their common sense." ― Gertrude Stein

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet" ― Abraham Lincoln

Re: Toronto and our chances of SL invite : Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:47 pm  
Scarey71 wrote:
I almost think it's now worth getting the place just to watch the coronary figures in Calderdale go through the roof....

Who needs a stadium when you can live, rent free, in their head day after day?

Poor sods.

I'd probably tell you not to let a few idiots wind you up. The Halifax fan reporter who did the story has got exactly the response that he wanted and he knew it would whip people in to a frenzy. Let the idiots crack on with it I say and just remember that not everyone is like that. I find rivalries are more fun fuelled by friendley banter than they are by hatred.

On the funding its my belief that this years funding will be made up to 1m so its not an extra 1m like has been made out. That itself just about rules out any team of having a serious chance of staying up. A championship team is been set up to fail and I for one hope that its not Bradford because I don't believe it will help you in the longterm. Thats my reasoning and is nothing at all to do with hating Bradford.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1209
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 06 20168 years256th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
17th Apr 24 06:3416th Apr 24 06:51LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Toronto and our chances of SL invite : Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:17 pm  
Greg Florimos Boots wrote:
A championship team is been set up to fail and I for one hope that its not Bradford because I don't believe it will help you in the longterm. That's my reasoning and is nothing at all to do with hating Bradford.

Absolutely this. I'd prefer to stay where we are. We've seen SL in Odsal, it didn't end well and now we have Wood's hand 'officially' on the tiller. He's hardly covered himself in glory when it comes to Stadium dealing has he?

I don't buy into the old boy network either. He wasn't exactly golden boy at the RFL with the SL chairmen was he. Hopefully we'll see Halifax at Dewsbury next year because if it's Leeds Rhinos at Odsal it will be the beginning of the final act, unless Nige has got several million squirrelled away he's not told anyone about.
RankPostsTeam
International Star4332
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 09 201113 years228th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
17th Apr 24 15:219th Apr 24 08:31LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
BULLSBOY2011:
'Pain is temporary, Pride is forever!'

Bradford Bulls Fan Since Birth :)

Re: Toronto and our chances of SL invite : Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:31 pm  
Scarey71 wrote:
Absolutely this. I'd prefer to stay where we are. We've seen SL in Odsal, it didn't end well and now we have Wood's hand 'officially' on the tiller. He's hardly covered himself in glory when it comes to Stadium dealing has he?

I don't buy into the old boy network either. He wasn't exactly golden boy at the RFL with the SL chairmen was he. Hopefully we'll see Halifax at Dewsbury next year because if it's Leeds Rhinos at Odsal it will be the beginning of the final act, unless Nige has got several million squirrelled away he's not told anyone about.

Maybe Toronto’s 56 investors have decided Bradford is the chosen club :lol: :lol: :lol:
RankPostsTeam
Moderator10969
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 01 200222 years302nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
21st Jan 23 15:1321st Jun 22 13:35LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
Mark Twain

Build Bridges NOT Walls

Re: Toronto and our chances of SL invite : Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:15 pm  
Greg Florimos Boots wrote:
I'd probably tell you not to let a few idiots wind you up. The Halifax fan reporter who did the story has got exactly the response that he wanted and he knew it would whip people in to a frenzy. Let the idiots crack on with it I say and just remember that not everyone is like that. I find rivalries are more fun fuelled by friendley banter than they are by hatred.

On the funding its my belief that this years funding will be made up to 1m so its not an extra 1m like has been made out. That itself just about rules out any team of having a serious chance of staying up. A championship team is been set up to fail and I for one hope that its not Bradford because I don't believe it will help you in the longterm. Thats my reasoning and is nothing at all to do with hating Bradford.

Well said GFB, I couldn't agree more.

It's strange that the Fax 'fans' who would feel so annoyed if we got picked don't realise that it would probably kill us, or any Championship side which accepts this poisoned chalice.
RankPostsTeam
International Star1934No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 09 201113 years281st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
15th Nov 23 14:0123rd Mar 23 01:19LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Toronto and our chances of SL invite : Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:54 pm  
Scarey71 wrote:

Which act does playing 6/7 seasons in Dewsbury fall into? When you say I'd prefer to stay where we are there's a suggestion that the club have reached a plateau form where they will further stabilise etc. Isn't a more likely situation is that team's that play in Dewsbury become Dewsbury (no disrespect to our gracious landlords)? Gallagher, Scurr, Doyle will one by one go to lower level SL clubs with a the odd Bentley and even a Bateman thrown in? There will be increasing pressure to jettison the academy and less genuine pressure to get the club back to Bradford. No TV money will exacerbate this.

I don't see an alternative to getting back to Odsal if at all possible and that demands we aim for SL.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach8994No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 03 200519 years184th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
17th Apr 24 19:1815th Apr 24 17:05LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Toronto and our chances of SL invite : Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:37 am  
I’ve not commented too much on this but here is my take.

In terms of SL ‘are we ready’? Honestly, we are not in the ‘ideal’ situation given the issues with the ground and recent financial troubles. However when will we be ready? After 2021 the funding is likely to be slashed dramatically and who knows what effect COVID will have on the Championship and the game as a whole in 2021. Wouldn’t it be great if we could slowly nurture our homegrown players and gradually build up a team capable of winning promotion. Unfortunately the reality is that they are picked off by SL clubs before that can happen... see James Bentley/Storton etc for recent examples.

After 2021 all I see is the gradual decline in quality at Championship level and the gap between us and SL being even greater. So in many ways I don’t see us having a great deal to lose by applying and possibly getting the nod. The SL season will probably be disrupted again and they will likely scrap relegation part way through due to some issue with integrity of the competition etc. Yes we would get thrashed most weeks but with some additions we could probably be competitive with the lower 2 or 3 clubs. Personally I don’t see why what we have to lose as long as the spending is within our means and the funding received.

On the other hand I think next year’s championship has the potential to a great competition so I wouldn’t be disappointed to be watching that. I just worry where it will be from 2022 onwards..
PreviousNext