OnlineLast PostLast Page
26th Apr 24 13:1613th Apr 24 19:44LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
//www.twitter.com/pumpetypump

Re: Toronto and our chances of SL invite : Sun Nov 08, 2020 4:29 pm  
So if we start at a base level of having fans think we are already unduly favoured by the RFL (which we know is a load of balls but others believe it), then just imagine how popular we'd be to be parachuted into SL. And then because we got reduced money and are still playing out of a 19th century dickensian dump, we go bust again. We'd never recover from that.
RankPostsTeam
International Star1934No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 09 201113 yearsth
OnlineLast PostLast Page
15th Nov 23 14:0123rd Mar 23 01:19LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Toronto and our chances of SL invite : Sun Nov 08, 2020 5:22 pm  
Haters are motivators. The view of a few Wakey and Fax rlfans who have enjoyed our demise shouldn't disguise us from the fact that SL has declined since our collapse. There aren't enough well supported clubs producing decent level players.

However, unless we are going to VP I don't see what the point would be making an application. Odsal has failed. Talks of a new ground are just that and the changes to the pitch at VP would be a fraction of the cost of a new stadium (which isn't going to be built). Dewsbury is a non starter as is Horsfall. I watch City a bit and dire doesn't describe it. The two clubs should come together. It can't get much worse for either of them. VP or don;t bother
RankPostsTeam
International Star738No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 24 201410 yearsth
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Jan 24 23:0923rd Nov 22 10:35LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Toronto and our chances of SL invite : Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:23 pm  
M@islebugs wrote:
Haters are motivators. The view of a few Wakey and Fax rlfans who have enjoyed our demise shouldn't disguise us from the fact that SL has declined since our collapse. There aren't enough well supported clubs producing decent level players.

However, unless we are going to VP I don't see what the point would be making an application. Odsal has failed. Talks of a new ground are just that and the changes to the pitch at VP would be a fraction of the cost of a new stadium (which isn't going to be built). Dewsbury is a non starter as is Horsfall. I watch City a bit and dire doesn't describe it. The two clubs should come together. It can't get much worse for either of them. VP or don;t bother

Our bid is going to be based on playing at Odsal. Negotiations are close to a deal. Bulls will be back at Odsal next year whichever league we are in.
RankPostsTeam
International Star958
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 01 201212 yearsth
OnlineLast PostLast Page
26th Apr 24 15:5015th Mar 24 10:53LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cosy, doesn't try it on.

Re: Toronto and our chances of SL invite : Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:33 am  
bulls2487 wrote:
Our bid is going to be based on playing at Odsal. Negotiations are close to a deal. Bulls will be back at Odsal next year whichever league we are in.

So even if we don't get a SL place, we get a huge financial millstone instead. Ace.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad we're going back to our spiritial home. I just wish it wasn't going to ruin us. Again.
RankPostsTeam
Moderator8081
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 02 200222 yearsth
OnlineLast PostLast Page
26th Apr 24 13:1613th Apr 24 19:44LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
//www.twitter.com/pumpetypump

Re: Toronto and our chances of SL invite : Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:55 pm  
I have no sense of what your average fans thinks of Odsal these days. Personally the glory days are so long ago now that the affection is literally all gone and I just view it as a millstone. Doesn't anyone fancy me in starting to build a boutique stadium on the Richard Dunn site? Feath fans erected two new stands so surely we can crack on. Admittedly I'm just a Civil Servant so would be mainly watching and providing press releases, but some of you lot must be more practical?
RankPostsTeam
International Star7012No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 25 201113 yearsth
OnlineLast PostLast Page
26th Apr 24 20:2826th Apr 24 11:46LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Toronto and our chances of SL invite : Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:53 pm  
I understand the fear of going back to Odsal with the costs involved. But each year we are out of the city, the harder it is to get back and we really could end up in the wildernesses of just playing at Dewsbury. Fans can put up with it for a season or two, but long term the crowds would fall of the edge of the cliff. Hopefully the rumour of stock cars returning could help off-set some of the costs.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain68
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 02 20159 yearsth
OnlineLast PostLast Page
9th Jan 24 15:4910th Mar 22 19:52LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Toronto and our chances of SL invite : Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:06 pm  
If it's a choice of Dewsbury or Odsal then, yes it has to be Odsal but I really don't want to go back there without some assurances that improvements will be made, such as a roof on the terracing, decent toilets with soap and warm water and a proper supporters bar with real ale in proper glasses.

As for Super League, yes I long to see my team back in the big time but if it is through getting voted in then no thanks. For me it should be London, if not then Leigh or Toulouse. If we are going back to licensing then Salford, Huddersfield and Wakefield wouldn't be in.
mat 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach9550
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 22 200519 yearsth
OnlineLast PostLast Page
26th Apr 24 17:365th Apr 24 15:21LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Toronto and our chances of SL invite : Tue Nov 10, 2020 12:37 pm  
Bull Mania wrote:
I understand the fear of going back to Odsal with the costs involved. But each year we are out of the city, the harder it is to get back and we really could end up in the wildernesses of just playing at Dewsbury. Fans can put up with it for a season or two, but long term the crowds would fall of the edge of the cliff. Hopefully the rumour of stock cars returning could help off-set some of the costs.

Not sure how return of stock cars would help with costs. It might help with maintenance costs but would imagine RFL would still charge us the same rent (other clubs would play hell if they dropped it signifcantly) and charge stock cars same again. Might have been different if we still held the sub lease and were sub letting again to stock cars.

I'm not sure what current status of lease is TBH. When we left Odsal Chalmers said we were at end of the lease, But the recent adverts for open cinema were talking about 'in conjunction with Bradford Bulls' as if we still held a lease.

One possibility I thought of is if stock cars re-instate the pits where the Southbank is, and then the Southbank was moved onto the away terrace. Reduces capacity of the ground by approx 10k but also halves the amount of terracing that needs maintaining. 15k capacity would be plenty for forseeable future and would reduce maintenance costs significantly I would imagine.
RankPostsTeam
Moderator10969
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 01 200222 yearsth
OnlineLast PostLast Page
21st Jan 23 15:1321st Jun 22 13:35LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
Mark Twain

Build Bridges NOT Walls

Re: Toronto and our chances of SL invite : Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:45 pm  
I'd guess we've forfeited the lease by not paying this year, though I'm pretty sure the lease was for for quite s few more years. Guessing again, but I'd say that leaves us in the same position as any other business which defaults on a lease due to being unable to pay. Which seems to be that you leave owing nothing but lose the use of the facilities; little point in the owner of the head lease suing due the blood from a stone get-out clause.

Being nothing more than a fan I know nothing about the finances, but it would seem likely that every club is going through a 'ropey phase' right now, and personally IF, and that's a supersize IF, SL offered us the position without a fair shake of the money that every other club gets, then I'd tell them where to go.
RankPostsTeam
International Star1011No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 06 201311 yearsth
OnlineLast PostLast Page
13th Jun 22 15:2323rd Apr 22 12:50LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Toronto and our chances of SL invite : Tue Nov 10, 2020 3:16 pm  
Nobody is mentioning the Mirror article about reduced funding. I have been disgusted at the treatment of Toronto regarding funding and even their demand for Catalans to guarantee money to be alowed into the chalenge cup. The SL clubs think of themselves and nothing else. The Mirror story may not be true but if it is then that is not fair.
If the new club is only to get just over half the funding then leave me out. I have become disilusioned with RL after 45 years of loving the Northern and lately the Bulls to the point I have now cancelled Sky sports as it was only taken for RL which a few years ago would never have been considered. I find SL boring and predictable and if we join it with half the income and a still run down delapidated stadium then no thanks - but best of luck.
I think the Bulls will be looked upon favourably by the other 11 clubs due to the cash they will get at the turnstiles but lets not have another season where we are punished financially before the season kicks off.
If Sky are insisting of 12 clubs then all championship clubs must say now that it must be 12 equal payments or go take a hike.
PreviousNext