Jul 24 201410 years273rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Jan 24 23:0923rd Nov 22 10:35LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Planning for 2021 : Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:34 pm  
Molsk111 wrote:
A bit of a underwhelming signing, we are said to be in the running for the 12th place in superleague, we are said to have missed out on cuthbertson who signs for York, Leigh sign sidlow, and we get Dan Fleming

Cuthbertson was wanting a big salary that Bulls couldn't afford to match.
We all want the club to be sustainable so Fleming is more our budget.
Don't forget all this SL talk came after these players were signed.
RankPostsTeam
International Star4332
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 09 201113 years229th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
21st Apr 24 17:589th Apr 24 08:31LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
BULLSBOY2011:
'Pain is temporary, Pride is forever!'

Bradford Bulls Fan Since Birth :)

Re: Planning for 2021 : Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:41 pm  
bulls2487 wrote:
Cuthbertson was wanting a big salary that Bulls couldn't afford to match.
We all want the club to be sustainable so Fleming is more our budget.
Don't forget all this SL talk came after these players were signed.

Not pay over the odds for Cuthbertson, good decision. Would be a great player for a year maybe two at this level if he can keep fit. But not worth the cash. As much as I didn't rate Fleming last time he was here, he's not a bad back up to the likes of England and Crossley.

I for one hope we don't get SL. Would love to see a good season in the Championship earning our way.

On another note has anyone heard anything about any potential friendlies? Like on Boxing Day or anything?
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1218No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 26 200618 years191st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
26th Aug 23 09:3924th Aug 23 15:06LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Planning for 2021 : Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:15 pm  
Bulls Boy 2011 wrote:
It sure is. I'm sure we had a season recently where we went in with either 1 or 2 halves and I remember everyone on here saying the same thing about lack of back ups. Need a back up halfback and a couple of props. At the moment I have England and Crossley as starters with Fleming, Nzoungou and Scurr as rotation. We're fine in the second row. Arguably our strong point at the moment.

If that's the same Anthony Walker that's brothers with Johnny Walker (our ex player) then I don't want them anywhere near the club. Sooner have Barlow for another year.

Ah I didn't realise Race and Jowitt were halves, thought they were FB's. I don't know much about these new academy/reserve lads. A couple of years ago I knew who was coming through etc. Nowadays with the teams being stripped year on year I'm not sure who the next 'big thing' coming through are haha.

Your thinking of Adam Walker (jonnys brother)

Anthony Walker

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/11460427 ... condition/

Hes been with the club since before lock down. Its nothing top secret, hes been posting photos and vids on his social medua for quite some time of him being at training and being on the zoom calls during lockdown.
Bulls Boy 2011 wrote:
It sure is. I'm sure we had a season recently where we went in with either 1 or 2 halves and I remember everyone on here saying the same thing about lack of back ups. Need a back up halfback and a couple of props. At the moment I have England and Crossley as starters with Fleming, Nzoungou and Scurr as rotation. We're fine in the second row. Arguably our strong point at the moment.

If that's the same Anthony Walker that's brothers with Johnny Walker (our ex player) then I don't want them anywhere near the club. Sooner have Barlow for another year.

Ah I didn't realise Race and Jowitt were halves, thought they were FB's. I don't know much about these new academy/reserve lads. A couple of years ago I knew who was coming through etc. Nowadays with the teams being stripped year on year I'm not sure who the next 'big thing' coming through are haha.

Anthony Walker

Hes been with the club since before lock down. Its nothing top secret, hes been posting photos and vids on his social medua for quite some time of him being at training and being on the zoom calls during lockdown.
RankPostsTeam
International Star4332
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 09 201113 years229th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
BULLSBOY2011:

Re: Planning for 2021 : Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:17 pm  
Looking at the squad as it is we have a really good 17:

1. Brandon Pickersgill
2. Matty Dawson-Jones
3. Rhys Evans
4. Ross Oakes
5. Joe Brown
6. Danny Brough
7. Jordan Lilley
8. Steve Crossley
9. Thomas Doyle
10. Anthony England
11. Aaron Murphy
12. Brad Gallagher
13. Sam Hallas

14. George Flanagan
15. Dan Fleming/Levy Nzoungou
16. Adam Rooks/Brad England
17. Ebon Scurr

With Wallis, Foggin-Johnston and Hamlett covering the 3/4 line. Still think we need another centre. Couple props to rotate the lads in the 17. We don't look half bad to be fair!
RankPostsTeam
International Star4332
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 09 201113 years229th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
BULLSBOY2011:

Re: Planning for 2021 : Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:21 pm  
RagingBull wrote:

Anthony Walker

Thank god for that. Case of mixing up players haha. In that case I'd take a punt on Anthony Walker as a back up to Crossley, England, Nzoungou, Fleming and Scurr. Same concerns as with Barlow though, would he be okay playing having so long out? Wouldn't want him to take a hit and make his condition worse either.
RagingBull wrote:

Anthony Walker

Thank god for that. Case of mixing up players haha. In that case I'd take a punt on Anthony Walker as a back up to Crossley, England, Nzoungou, Fleming and Scurr. Same concerns as with Barlow though, would he be okay playing having so long out? Wouldn't want him to take a hit and make his condition worse either.
RankPostsTeam
International Star7021No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 25 201113 years150th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
11th May 24 21:3711th May 24 13:28LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Planning for 2021 : Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:05 am  
Bulls Boy 2011 wrote:
Looking at the squad as it is we have a really good 17:

1. Brandon Pickersgill
2. Matty Dawson-Jones
3. Rhys Evans
4. Ross Oakes
5. Joe Brown
6. Danny Brough
7. Jordan Lilley
8. Steve Crossley
9. Thomas Doyle
10. Anthony England
11. Aaron Murphy
12. Brad Gallagher
13. Sam Hallas

14. George Flanagan
15. Dan Fleming/Levy Nzoungou
16. Adam Rooks/Brad England
17. Ebon Scurr

With Wallis, Foggin-Johnston and Hamlett covering the 3/4 line. Still think we need another centre. Couple props to rotate the lads in the 17. We don't look half bad to be fair!

Agreed. I'm really looking forward to next year, providing we're in the championship. I think some forget how well we started last year.

We lost to London on goal kicks (that 5 year problem has been sorted with Brough) gave Fev one hell of a game, pushed Wakey all the way and one of the most enjoyable matches I've been to in years, a total 80 minute domination of Sheffield. We would have obviously tailed off as we got into the season grind. But I loved seeing the likes of Gallagher, Doyle, Scurr dish it up. I much prefer seeing that than the show ponies who flattered to deceive in recent years.

We haven't lost anyone from last season. Pickersgill, Dawson-Jones, England are still here. The likes of Scurr, Doyle and Gallagher will be another year older. We've got some much needed experience in Brough and Murphy (who I think is an unbelievable signing) plus we'll also have more young stars breaking through from the academy. As others have said, let's see what sort of squad we've got come the season kick-off. One or two quality forwards and I think we've got a very good squad for this league.

I think we've got a team we can be proud of and get behind.
RankPostsTeam
International Star4332
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 09 201113 years229th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
BULLSBOY2011:

Re: Planning for 2021 : Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:26 am  
Bull Mania wrote:
Agreed. I'm really looking forward to next year, providing we're in the championship. I think some forget how well we started last year.

We lost to London on goal kicks (that 5 year problem has been sorted with Brough) gave Fev one hell of a game, pushed Wakey all the way and one of the most enjoyable matches I've been to in years, a total 80 minute domination of Sheffield. We would have obviously tailed off as we got into the season grind. But I loved seeing the likes of Gallagher, Doyle, Scurr dish it up. I much prefer seeing that than the show ponies who flattered to deceive in recent years.

A lot of people also forget Lilley was kicking in that London game and he's a poor goal kicker. Don't understand why when we had a much better kicker in Milnes as proven by the next 3 games and of course last season when Milnes took over from Minchella against Leeds. If Milnes had been kicking we would have drawn that game against London. Just unfortunate that that big Centre of theirs (Armitage I think) had a really good game. It was a really good start to the season. The Wakefield and Sheffield games for me were the ones where I sat back and said, we have enough here to get into the playoffs and scare some teams. Obviously Toulouse, Leigh and Widnes would have been extremely tough games. Same here, loved Gallaghers no nonsense play, didn't take any messing about and gave as good as he got. Scurr played very well too! Doyle's class but we knew that from 2019 anyway.

Bull Mania wrote:
We haven't lost anyone from last season. Pickersgill, Dawson-Jones, England are still here. The likes of Scurr, Doyle and Gallagher will be another year older. We've got some much needed experience in Brough and Murphy (who I think is an unbelievable signing) plus we'll also have more young stars breaking through from the academy. As others have said, let's see what sort of squad we've got come the season kick-off. One or two quality forwards and I think we've got a very good squad for this league.

I think we've got a team we can be proud of and get behind.

A lot of home grown talent too as usual. Murphy (on paper) is the signing of the season for us at the moment. Not sure how we've got him when he can still do a very good job in a mid-table SL or lower table SL team, never mind top end Championship. Yet chose us. I have to think that may be the Kear connection. Aye that's a key point, few more signings and we have a very competitive squad for this league, not SL.

I'm really looking forward to it! Hopefully we have an 'easier' team first up at home to start the season and hopefully give the lads some confidence from the off.
RankPostsTeam
Moderator8081
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 02 200222 years91st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
10th May 24 08:3413th Apr 24 19:44LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
//www.twitter.com/pumpetypump

Re: Planning for 2021 : Thu Nov 26, 2020 4:02 pm  
Bulls Boy 2011 wrote:
Hopefully we have an 'easier' team first up at home to start the season and hopefully give the lads some confidence from the off.

Not sure there are any easy games in Super League mate. :wink:
RankPostsTeam
International Star7021No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 25 201113 years150th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
11th May 24 21:3711th May 24 13:28LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Planning for 2021 : Thu Nov 26, 2020 4:30 pm  
Well for the first time in a while we actually have a home shirt ready for Christmas :shock:

I think it's a belter personally.
RankPostsTeam
Moderator8081
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 02 200222 years91st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
10th May 24 08:3413th Apr 24 19:44LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
//www.twitter.com/pumpetypump

Re: Planning for 2021 : Thu Nov 26, 2020 4:53 pm  
Ooh the purists might have something to say. Not sure that's technically Red, Amber and Black in the correct order. Bullseye will kick off.

This post contains an image, if you are the copyright owner and would like this image removed then please contact support@rlfans.com
PreviousNext