FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Bulls vs Leeds post match discussion; I am so happy!
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach10530
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 08 200519 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
14th Jun 20 19:3514th Jun 20 19:35LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
King Monkey wrote:
Maybe a spell in prison would do Graham good.

At least he'd lose his virginity.

: Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:01 am  
rhinoms wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Not at all!!
We were cr*p you weren't!!

They were. We we worse though. Bradford showed guts and a will to win more than Leeds did. They deserved the win.
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member14145No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 22 200122 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
16th Aug 20 18:2727th Oct 19 01:15LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

: Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:01 am  
Leeds Rhinos Superman wrote:
I think your team gave Leeds Rhinos supporters a lesson about over confidence tonight.

Which is precisely what I posted on your board earlier.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach10530
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 08 200519 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
14th Jun 20 19:3514th Jun 20 19:35LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
King Monkey wrote:
Maybe a spell in prison would do Graham good.

At least he'd lose his virginity.

: Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:17 am  
Adeybull wrote:
Which is precisely what I posted on your board earlier.

Over confident?? Leeds looked the exact opposite to me. Their confidence looks shot.
RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 22 200122 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

: Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:26 am  
Right, just watched the sky edited match. Some quick personal observations - feel free to shoot at them tomorrow but its just how it came across to me:

1. Leeds first try - defo well forward. It happens. Live with it.

2. Bulls second try - good argument for penalty against Newton; think we were fortunate it was not given - maybe cos could not have affected the play, and cos was not that much in it. We still lucky though. It happens. Live with it.

3. Leeds took an eternity to get off the tackle. Ref shouts "held" then about two seconds later "move" - every time. Leeds take 2.9999 seconds every time to get off the tackle. Think the refs are allowing 5 seconds to clear, so Leeds playing it very very fine. But must have been within the Rules cos Mr Smith said so. Bulls need to learn from Leeds, and get equally as good at counting to 2.9999 seconds...

4. Stevo is a complete wassock. Talked out of his GI tract most of the game. Phil Clarke (as usual) called it right pretty well every time.

5. The Vidref decisions all seemed correct (leaving aside the Newton issue earlier) and I learnt something about being offside at the play-the-ball. I think both Mr Smith and M. Alibert were on the ball tonight, and M. Alibert should be commended. And I'd like to think I was not saying that just cos we won.

6. The TV confirmed what it looked looked at the ground - that was a team that was very very up for it. They were playing for each other, and the enthusiasm the showed when congratulating a player who had done well was quite moving. Not seen such as that for a long time.

7. Every one of them did bloody well. Made up for Worrincey and Sherriffe, who had strong games. Those two will do good for us. And Cook had a stormer, and Halley did pretty well too. Jeffreys is a better 7 than 6. Beaver is a class apart. But they all did good, especially given losing two key players in the first half. They showed pride in the shirt, and confidence in themselves and their coach.

8. Sykes needs to find his kicking boots again.cos I suspect we are going to need them!

9. Came across on TV as loudest Bulls crowd and best atmosphere at Odsal for ages. Same as it did to me at the ground. Collective pat-on-back due there.

10. I'm afraid to say that apart from the goalkicking we did not look to be missing Paul Deacon at all. If anything, rather the opposite.

OK, miscellaneous ramblings from a much happier Bulls fan after a few bottles of rather nice real ale. Bed now and sleep well; I suspect I will!
RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 22 200122 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

: Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:28 am  
Could you please change m wrote:
Over confident?? Leeds looked the exact opposite to me. Their confidence looks shot.

Not the players; the fans. As Leeds Rhinos Superman very honourably put it.

The players looked to me to be not expecting something of the Bulls of old to hit them, and never really recovered.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1734No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 22 200915 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
14th Dec 09 23:511st Jan 70 00:00LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

: Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:29 am  
I thought Paul Sykes looked really smart playing at stand off. It was good to say Halley calling for the ball at first reciever much like Webb does at Leeds. A real good win for us and everybody mucked in and everybody should be praised.
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach19234No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 27 200717 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
6th Feb 16 10:406th Feb 16 01:01LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

: Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:30 am  
Adeybull wrote:
Right, just watched the sky edited match. Some quick personal observations - feel free to shoot at them tomorrow but its just how it came across to me:

1. Leeds first try - defo well forward. It happens. Live with it.

2. Bulls second try - good argument for penalty against Newton; think we were fortunate it was not given - maybe cos could not have affected the play, and cos was not that much in it. We still lucky though. It happens. Live with it.

3. Leeds took an eternity to get off the tackle. Ref shouts "held" then about two seconds later "move" - every time. Leeds take 2.9999 seconds every time to get off the tackle. Think the refs are allowing 5 seconds to clear, so Leeds playing it very very fine. But must have been within the Rules cos Mr Smith said so. Bulls need to learn from Leeds, and get equally as good at counting to 2.9999 seconds...

4. Stevo is a complete wassock. Talked out of his GI tract most of the game. Phil Clarke (as usual) called it right pretty well every time.

5. The Vidref decisions all seemed correct (leaving aside the Newton issue earlier) and I learnt something about being offside at the play-the-ball. I think both Mr Smith and M. Alibert were on the ball tonight, and M. Alibert should be commended. And I'd like to think I was not saying that just cos we won.

6. The TV confirmed what it looked looked at the ground - that was a team that was very very up for it. They were playing for each other, and the enthusiasm the showed when congratulating a player who had done well was quite moving. Not seen such as that for a long time.

7. Every one of them did bloody well. Made up for Worrincey and Sherriffe, who had strong games. Those two will do good for us. And Cook had a stormer, and Halley did pretty well too. Jeffreys is a better 7 than 6. Beaver is a class apart. But they all did good, especially given losing two key players in the first half. They showed pride in the shirt, and confidence in themselves and their coach.

8. Sykes needs to find his kicking boots again.cos I suspect we are going to need them!

9. Came across on TV as loudest Bulls crowd and best atmosphere at Odsal for ages. Same as it did to me at the ground. Collective pat-on-back due there.

10. I'm afraid to say that apart from the goalkicking we did not look to be missing Paul Deacon at all. If anything, rather the opposite.

OK, miscellaneous ramblings from a much happier Bulls fan after a few bottles of rather nice real ale. Bed now and sleep well; I suspect I will!

Well deserved win mate but sherriffe and worrincey were made to look good by a p#ss poor rhino's performance and imo 99% of bulls fans will be screaming for mcnamara's head again inside a fortnight.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1734No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 22 200915 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
14th Dec 09 23:511st Jan 70 00:00LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

: Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:39 am  
rhinoms wrote:
Well deserved win mate but sherriffe and worrincey were made to look good by a p#ss poor rhino's performance and imo 99% of bulls fans will be screaming for mcnamara's head again inside a fortnight.

You were pi$$ poor because you were not allowed to be anything other than that. As many of you guys have gracefully said, we were the better team and that isn't just because you came out poor it was because we pressured you into being poor. Warrlord as that other guy calls him and Sheriffe cut you to ribbons tonight on occasions. As for Macca's head I guess we'll have to see what the next few games bring, Wakey, Wolves and Saints. I personally think we can win all three, but we'll just have to wait and see. Anyhow, I'm just glad both teams brought back the real Bulls/Leeds derby game. It was a pleasure to watch.
RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 22 200122 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

: Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:41 am  
rhinoms wrote:

Thanks my friend, and respect your opinions even if I don't entirely agree.

But 99% of Bulls fans never WERE calling for his head right now. You saw that tonight when his face came up on the screen. However, a disproportionate number of those who were/are post on the MBs, it seems. And there are a few flat-earthers on here who would still call for his head even if we won everything going. But your underlying implied point is valid - this will count for nothing if we don't back it up. We've a way to go yet.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach12310
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 03 200618 years277th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
25th Feb 23 12:493rd Feb 23 15:19LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

: Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:42 am  
Terry Monster wrote:
You were pi$$ poor because you were not allowed to be anything other than that.

Well said :CLAP:, it's the first time that our forwards have properly bullied a team into making errors, which is what they are capable of. I think Lynch did well as captain, but when he went off Menzies and Newton seemed to be in command and worked well. Despite what some people think, I still think -on his day- Newton is one of the best hookers in SL, his heart was there tonight - Well done.
PreviousNext