Jun 30 200816 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
29th Nov 12 18:171st Nov 12 11:00LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

: Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:39 pm  
eddievan wrote:
The stewards said that they would would give leeway as it was the first time the new system was in place. If they police it stricktly it will be bedlam and lead to bad feeling.

I wasn't questioning the system mate I was just explaining what happened :) The only reason I can see why they've changed the system is so people who aren't sitting in the stand can get to the facilities, toilets, shops, bar etc.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach563No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 13 200618 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
7th Dec 09 20:351st Jan 70 00:00LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Vambo Roolz OK

: Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:06 pm  
eddievan wrote:
This might be the intention but it does not work. The old system had each ticket checked once. The new system might mean the same ticket needs to be checked three or four times allowing for trips to bar, food and wee breaks. The number of actual transactions could be quadrupled and the free flow of people much worse.

The system is also open to people abusing it and getting people into the stand for free which is bad for the club. There was a family sat near to me (four fans all season ticket holders) who showed their tickets to get in and then sent the tickets (with one of them) to the back of the stands to allow three other people in for free.

I go to all away games and I have seen nothing like this. If it aint broke why try to fix it.

Hmm, There's one explanation as to why the stand seemed a lot more full than normal and why it took an age to get out at the end.
Gill J 
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner1338No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 08 200321 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
14th Feb 14 12:1522nd Oct 12 12:56LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Best wishes.

Gill

For more information about the Bradford Bulls Wheelchair Rugby League team please contact - gjohnson0@hotmail.com or call 01274 587330.

: Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:14 pm  
eddievan wrote:
This might be the intention but it does not work. The old system had each ticket checked once. The new system might mean the same ticket needs to be checked three or four times allowing for trips to bar, food and wee breaks. The number of actual transactions could be quadrupled and the free flow of people much worse.

The system is also open to people abusing it and getting people into the stand for free which is bad for the club. There was a family sat near to me (four fans all season ticket holders) who showed their tickets to get in and then sent the tickets (with one of them) to the back of the stands to allow three other people in for free.

I go to all away games and I have seen nothing like this. If it aint broke why try to fix it.

I go to all the away games too and I have seen worse, far far worse. :?

To be honest the way it was supposed to work was not the way it did, first home game of the season and all that, I'm not excusing how things were but the theory behind it is sound and once the stewards are positioned correctly and are doing what they should be doing and not being 'Checkpoint Charlie' it will be easier and make getting around the ground easier and a bit more cost effective for the Bulls.

I know you only got your tickets checked once when you were at the Stand but how many times did you have to wait to have parts of your tickets taken just to get into the Stand using the old system.

I come in from Car Park D and you were stopped once at the top gate, bit of ticket taken, just to enter the ground, then you were stopped again, to hand over another bit of ticket, at the turnstile and gate at the bottom to enter the Stand.

Once you were in the Stand if you did not like what was on offer at the concessions behind the Stand, there not enough room for everything there, you had to then go through another gate to get out of the Stand to walk round get whatever food you wanted and run the same gauntlet on the way back. Also anyone in the Coral Stand who wanted anything from the concessions or to use the shop etc could not do get there, they were stopped.

The Stewards should be at the top of the aisles in the Stand and just check the tickets on entry, not every time you go for a beer or the loo. If people are abusing season tickets to get more people in then that is something the Club will look at and they will, they as you say cannot afford to lose that money.

As I've said I'm not defending how things were but it 'should' if things are done as they should be make it easier and make the game day experience better.

It was though a real nightmare yesterday I agree. :?
RankPostsTeam
Moderator10969
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 01 200222 years292nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
21st Jan 23 15:1321st Jun 22 13:35LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
Mark Twain

Build Bridges NOT Walls

: Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:11 am  
I`m bemused by people (who seem to be in on some secret) who are saying the new system didn`t work properly. The old system always seemed to work properly and once you`re right to be in the stand was checked you were left to move freely to the shop, food stalls, bar and toilet without having to produce your book. It wasn`t broke; it didn`t need fixing. Back to the future please?
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach664No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 22 200519 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th May 23 06:1018th May 23 06:10LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

: Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:37 am  
Gill J wrote:
I go to all the away games too and I have seen worse, far far worse. :?
To be honest the way it was supposed to work was not the way it did, first home game of the season and all that, I'm not excusing how things were but the theory behind it is sound and once the stewards are positioned correctly and are doing what they should be doing and not being 'Checkpoint Charlie' it will be easier and make getting around the ground easier and a bit more cost effective for the Bulls.

I know you only got your tickets checked once when you were at the Stand but how many times did you have to wait to have parts of your tickets taken just to get into the Stand using the old system.

I come in from Car Park D and you were stopped once at the top gate, bit of ticket taken, just to enter the ground, then you were stopped again, to hand over another bit of ticket, at the turnstile and gate at the bottom to enter the Stand.

Once you were in the Stand if you did not like what was on offer at the concessions behind the Stand, there not enough room for everything there, you had to then go through another gate to get out of the Stand to walk round get whatever food you wanted and run the same gauntlet on the way back. Also anyone in the Coral Stand who wanted anything from the concessions or to use the shop etc could not do get there, they were stopped.

The Stewards should be at the top of the aisles in the Stand and just check the tickets on entry, not every time you go for a beer or the loo. If people are abusing season tickets to get more people in then that is something the Club will look at and they will, they as you say cannot afford to lose that money.

As I've said I'm not defending how things were but it 'should' if things are done as they should be make it easier and make the game day experience better.

It was though a real nightmare yesterday I agree. :?

Where is worse? Which other ground do you have to contantly whip out your ticket to show a steward each time you go in and out. The only paralell I have seen is at wakey where you get a "pass out" ticket to go to the loo.

I can see nothing in the new system which is an improvement to the flow of spectators or the convenience of season ticket holders.

On another point I can see the new system leading to more season tickets being lost or misplaced. Usually on entring the ground and giving up the season ticket stub all the families season tickets are stored away securely and do not have to be worried about. Constantly getting them in and out everytime my 11 year old wants a burger, wee or soft drink could lead to more chance of her loosing it. If this happens will the club be sympathetic and give a replacement ticket. I think not.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach223No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 31 200816 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
21st Jun 12 20:0321st Jun 12 20:02LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

: Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:03 pm  
have to say that i dont see there being as many people wanting to get out/back in, of the main stand area as there is wanting to get in and out of the stand itsself

think the new system doesnt utilise staff aswell and is open to abuse, but we will see how it gets fine tuned
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach272No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 01 200618 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Feb 11 12:2718th Feb 11 12:23LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

: Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:22 pm  
it did seem a bit of a farce tbh. i went out for 2 cups of tea and had them plus my handbag in my hands so was very relieved that id dint have to show my ticket again on the way back in (not quite sure how i would have managed otherwise i aint good at juggling :lol: )

hopefully it wont be like that all season!
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach413No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 09 200618 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
7th May 09 15:161st Jan 70 00:00LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

: Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:36 pm  
I spoke to someone at the club and they toldm the Stewards were over officious. What Gill has posted is correct and it will work a lot better in the liong term. For the next game the Stewards will not be checking tickets at the top of the ailes at half time, so there shouldn't bea problem. What will happen will be no different to what happens at Sheadingley where you get your ticket torn at the gate and then checked when you go into the main stand. After kick off you are free to go get a cup of tea or a burger and just comer back. That's what will happen at Odsal.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1894No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 04 200816 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
15th Dec 17 13:028th Nov 17 12:58LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

: Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:02 pm  
I still fail to appreciate what the club are seeking to achieve by these changes.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 01 200915 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
17th Feb 09 22:301st Jan 70 00:00LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Ticket Checking : Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:32 pm  
Daftest thing about the ticket checking farce was for every ticket the clueless stewards checked 12 or more walked passed them unchecked.

Rubbish Method old system worked fine!
PreviousNext