Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 17 200618 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
12th Feb 14 21:5215th Aug 13 13:21LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
No longer in Yorkshire . . . . it's sunny Cornwall from here on in :)
Signature
"The most unimpartial moderator I have ever seen on a message board" Image
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Image . . . . Transferring Souls Since Eternity

: Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:10 pm  
Leeds, like a number of clubs, have had a good number of home grown talent come through their ranks.

Whilst I've no problem with any team using overseas players, I do find it odd (and more then a tad amusing) that given recent success there seems to be an ever increasing number of Rhino fans who seem to have convinced themselves that the likes of Webb, Lauitiiti, Buderus, Donald, Leuluai (and nearly Eastwood) merely "add to our overall quality" or "icing on the cake".

That's more icing than on your average wedding cake . . . . . . even for the perennial bridesmaid who's made it to be bride for a couple of years now :lol:
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1231No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 04 200519 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
21st Mar 14 10:4421st Mar 14 10:38LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

: Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:41 pm  
rhinoms wrote:
Whilst they add to our overall quality in our 3 grand final wins the harry sunderland trophy has gone to diskin,burrow and smithy.
Now it might take a while but what have those 3 got in common along with sinfield,mcguire,hall,jjb and in the past scruton,walker,calderwood??

And the most recent Harry Sunderland Award winners for the Bulls were Leon Pryce, Stuart Reardon & Paul Deacon. So what?
af 
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member10445No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 22 200122 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
9th May 22 20:0921st Aug 13 15:42LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

: Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:05 am  
Seriously f...ed up. Leeds and Bradford are both businesses whose trade is being restricted, and I don't see the justification.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach341No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 14 200419 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
25th Feb 12 22:4512th Oct 11 22:27LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

: Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:13 am  
Doesn't anybody find it strange that Eastwoods visa issues are announced hours after Bradford reveal Birds application for a visa failed?
It would not suprise me to find that Eastwoods visa issues were known by Leeds at the same time Bradford announced the Bird signing.
It could explain why Hetherington suddenly had issues with British clubs signing overseas players with legal problems.
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach19234No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 27 200717 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
6th Feb 16 10:406th Feb 16 01:01LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

: Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:05 am  
bullsfan4ever wrote:
And the most recent Harry Sunderland Award winners for the Bulls were Leon Pryce, Stuart Reardon & Paul Deacon. So what?

Meaning that the overseas signings we've made aren't as vital nor the defining players in our success.
It's not that hard is it?? :roll:
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member4408No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 26 200222 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
2nd Apr 13 07:0718th Dec 10 16:09LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
when two opposite points of view are expressed with equal intensity, the truth does not necessarily lie exactly halfway between them. It is possible for one side to be simply wrong.

: Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:17 pm  
Interesting that Hetherington seems to think that driving at dangerous speeds is ok.

I wonder if anything would block either Bird or Eastwood if they were planning to play for England RU? It would seem that Eastwood qualifies through his parents.
G1 
RankPostsTeam
International Chairman32302No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 18 200222 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
9th Nov 18 22:523rd Oct 16 16:08LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Every player in our squad could probably earn more money with another club. But they prefer to sacrifice a few extra quid in their back pocket to share special memories. And playing at a place like Old Trafford on a night like this makes it all worthwhile.

Kevin Sinfield

: Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:12 pm  
Bullpower wrote:
Leeds, like a number of clubs, have had a good number of home grown talent come through their ranks.

Whilst I've no problem with any team using overseas players, I do find it odd (and more then a tad amusing) that given recent success there seems to be an ever increasing number of Rhino fans who seem to have convinced themselves that the likes of Webb, Lauitiiti, Buderus, Donald, Leuluai (and nearly Eastwood) merely "add to our overall quality" or "icing on the cake".

That's more icing than on your average wedding cake . . . . . . even for the perennial bridesmaid who's made it to be bride for a couple of years now :lol:
Well, the fact is without Eastwood we've won two out of two. Could you have used Bird today?

Let me illustrate what I meant. Look at Brent Webb. Of course he's a fantastic player and of course he's played a crucial role for us. However, when he goes down with a back injury days before the Grand Final up steps a young lad from our Academy and walks of with the Harry Sunderland Trophy.

Look at Buderus. Of course, he's a great player and of course he will bring something to the team. But if he flops then maybe Matt Diskin will just carry on doing what he's been doing for the last few years, playing a vital role in a championship team.

Clinto Toopi was, overall, a bit of a flop. Did it matter? No, we plugged in Carl Ablett and went and won a grand final anyway. Now we'll just develop Watkins and or Gibson.

Icing on the cake my friend, icing on the cake.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3092No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 17 200618 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
12th Feb 14 21:5215th Aug 13 13:21LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
No longer in Yorkshire . . . . it's sunny Cornwall from here on in :)
Signature
"The most unimpartial moderator I have ever seen on a message board" Image
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Image . . . . Transferring Souls Since Eternity

: Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:00 pm  
G1 wrote:
Well, the fact is without Eastwood we've won two out of two. Could you have used Bird today?

Let me illustrate what I meant. Look at Brent Webb. Of course he's a fantastic player and of course he's played a crucial role for us. However, when he goes down with a back injury days before the Grand Final up steps a young lad from our Academy and walks of with the Harry Sunderland Trophy.

Look at Buderus. Of course, he's a great player and of course he will bring something to the team. But if he flops then maybe Matt Diskin will just carry on doing what he's been doing for the last few years, playing a vital role in a championship team.

Clinto Toopi was, overall, a bit of a flop. Did it matter? No, we plugged in Carl Ablett and went and won a grand final anyway. Now we'll just develop Watkins and or Gibson.

Makes you wonder why the business, that is Leeds Rhino's, even bother signing that icing . . . does it not? :D
Last edited by Bullpower on Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach12310
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 03 200618 years278th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
25th Feb 23 12:493rd Feb 23 15:19LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

: Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:04 pm  
G1 wrote:

Of course, of course, of course, no one really wants to read your post. You just drift off topic into a paragraph bigging up your amazingly perfect team. Well truth be told, you're not that perfect. If you were half as good as you think you are you wouldn't have lost a match last season and you wouldn't have let an NL2 side put a try and goal past you. Go back on your own boards you scruffy little glory supporter.
G1 
RankPostsTeam
International Chairman32302No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 18 200222 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
9th Nov 18 22:523rd Oct 16 16:08LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Every player in our squad could probably earn more money with another club. But they prefer to sacrifice a few extra quid in their back pocket to share special memories. And playing at a place like Old Trafford on a night like this makes it all worthwhile.

Kevin Sinfield

: Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:41 pm  
Ewwenorfolk wrote:
Of course, of course, of course, no one really wants to read your post. You just drift off topic into a paragraph bigging up your amazingly perfect team. Well truth be told, you're not that perfect. If you were half as good as you think you are you wouldn't have lost a match last season and you wouldn't have let an NL2 side put a try and goal past you. Go back on your own boards you scruffy little glory supporter.
:lol:

Just to put the record straight old bean, I've been watching Leeds long before any "glory" came around.

I've been posting on RA&B long before you as well.

Not that any of that is relevant. This is a thread on RLfans. I am a registered user and am entitled to post my opinion on it, even if my opinions made you tear the head off your barbie doll and stanp your feet.

If you want to take issue with my posted opinions, feel free. If you want to take issue with my right to post on here, take it up with your mods. As I know a couple of them personally and know them to be far more intelligent than you've made yourself look I'd hazard a guess you'll be wasting your time but fill your boots.

8)
PreviousNext