JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 28 200915 years296th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
6th Oct 24 16:3317th Sep 24 14:51LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Bulls Takeover : Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:34 am  
Mark Sawyer has many other businesses he runs generating his income, still runs Desbury well and has done for pushing 20 yrs so a f/t owner isn’t essential. After all I assume Chalmers was f/t over here and we can see how that went
RankPostsTeam
International Star418No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 22 201312 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
26th Feb 20 11:0225th Feb 20 12:52LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Bulls Takeover : Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:55 am  
Couldn't agree more with your comments re NW's income stream and everything else that has gone on - it's a sad indictment from an organisation and indiviiduals who couldn't care less as to what really happens to our once great Club. My wife and I have decided enough is enough after the many years we have supported the Club,
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2044
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 28 200915 years296th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
6th Oct 24 16:3317th Sep 24 14:51LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Bulls Takeover : Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:13 am  
Whilst I respect everyone’s opinion, this is my own personal take on it and I don’t want people to agree, they will form their own thoughts.

My take is that I’ve supported this club for about 42 yrs of my 45 on this planet and I’ve always had a passion for Bradford. I will continue to support despite seeing many frustrating situations over the last 8yrs.

I look at it like a friend or family member in that if they’d had a couple of poor relationships, lost their jobs, had their house repossessed etc they need my support and I couldn’t just cast them adrift. If they then came back and said they had found a new partner and were looking to get back on their feet then whilst I would be nervous about the relationship you can’t assume the Next one will be like the last one.

I’ve watched them win titles, WCC, Challenge cups, I’ve seen them sell Hanley, Phil Ford, Newlove, Skerrett, Bug Les and Henry Paul and I’m sure there are others I’ve missed but we’ve survived, in a fashion, and replaced them

At the moment I’m been asked to part with £200 for a s/t which if we go bust i will get a refund and if we survive I’ll see 13 games of rugby involving Bradford

I know others have had enough but at the moment I feel like I need to try and assist where I can and try and help this once great club start climbing.

Scepticism understood and whilst it does appear a strange one for the new owners to get involved but in the absence of anything other than speculation and rumour I have to hope that they will get things right and we will start to become self sufficient

Not every one will agree and it’s personal choice, but that’s my thoughts

I’ll either pay on the gate or buy a ticket which is likely to result in a s/t purchase as I’m tight and it will be cheaper!

COYB!!!!!
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7239No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 26 200519 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
16th Aug 24 07:4814th Feb 20 15:28LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
The views in this post are mine and mine alone. Unless stated otherwise, they do not reflect the views of any company or entity I am associated with.

Re: Bulls Takeover : Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:28 am  
Betsy Bulls wrote:
I look at it like a friend or family member in that if they’d had a couple of poor relationships, lost their jobs, had their house repossessed etc they need my support and I couldn’t just cast them adrift. If they then came back and said they had found a new partner and were looking to get back on their feet then whilst I would be nervous about the relationship you can’t assume the Next one will be like the last one.

Whilst I understand where you're coming from, and as you say, everyone will have their own opinion... If I was to buy into your analogy I would say some people are feeling like they've been supporting that family member financially, be it through buying them food or loaning them money, only to have that person continue to lie to them and spend the money on alcohol instead of on paying their bills. There comes a point where you have to cut them off because they're just p*ssing your money up the wall.
RankPostsTeam
International Star418No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 22 201312 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
26th Feb 20 11:0225th Feb 20 12:52LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Bulls Takeover : Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:43 am  
Betsy Bulls wrote:
Whilst I respect everyone’s opinion, this is my own personal take on it and I don’t want people to agree, they will form their own thoughts.

My take is that I’ve supported this club for about 42 yrs of my 45 on this planet and I’ve always had a passion for Bradford. I will continue to support despite seeing many frustrating situations over the last 8yrs.

I’ve watched them win titles, WCC, Challenge cups, I’ve seen them sell Hanley, Phil Ford, Newlove, Skerrett, Bug Les and Henry Paul and I’m sure there are others I’ve missed but we’ve survived, in a fashion, and replaced them

At the moment I’m been asked to part with £200 for a s/t which if we go bust i will get a refund and if we survive I’ll see 13 games of rugby involving Bradford

I know others have had enough but at the moment I feel like I need to try and assist where I can and try and help this once great club start climbing.

Scepticism understood and whilst it does appear a strange one for the new owners to get involved but in the absence of anything other than speculation and rumour I have to hope that they will get things right and we will start to become self sufficient

I’ll either pay on the gate or buy a ticket which is likely to result in a s/t purchase as I’m tight and it will be cheaper!

COYB!!!!!

Bully for you Betsy, we also have seen the highs and lows over the many years of our joint support. But our feelings at this moment are the worst con in our chequered past has been perpetrated, and with only one of the perps. now involved we know self interest will push us to the brink. Personally I fervently hope you are right, and I am totally wrong! However my gut feeling is not good about it all, and this is the second time in the 7 years of the disaster unfolding. Guess which was the first? Funnily enough our overall new owner was heavily involved in that fiasco!
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2054
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 19 200618 years281st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
4th Oct 24 14:344th Oct 24 12:12LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Don't think i'm biased...
...i'm just very narrow minded!!!!!!!

Re: Bulls Takeover : Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:07 am  
Betsy Bulls wrote:

COYB!!!!!

I have very much had the same thoughts as you have over the past 3 administrations/ownerships. However, this current one feels too murky and seedy for me to go with it for the time being.

I'm lucky to have some friends within the club including players and I just don't like what I'm hearing.

Players who wanted to stay with the club and agreed contracts for the coming year are finding themselves in search for jobs as those offers are now being withdrawn, one of whom my family has sponsored for the past two seasons. He is genuinely gutted having turned down better offers from SL and Championship clubs and has now thankfully accepted a contract from a League 1 club. Whilst I'm happy he is sorted out, he should not have been left in that position.

On leaving the club a fairly well positioned former employee told us exactly what was going to happen and then he turned out right. He also alleged that Wood and Rimmer had been involved with the club and the ownership since 2017 (very much behind the scenes). Now I cannot prove this is right or wrong, but all I know is it sounds very corrupt if true and until there is some kind of independent inquiry into the truth then I don't feel I can morally go along with it any more.

I'm going to give you my new analogy on the situation... the family member has become hooked on drugs and whilst I will always love and support them in which way I can, I'm not going to give them money so they can go buy more drugs and do themselves more harm.

I will always be a supporter of this club and will never switch my allegiances to another team. but for now I will sit it out, watch and wait to see how it all plays out before deciding what to do next season and beyond.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4540
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 31 200519 years269th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
6th Oct 24 16:4223rd Aug 24 12:47LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Bulls Takeover : Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:26 am  
bullinenemyland wrote:
I have very much had the same thoughts as you have over the past 3 administrations/ownerships. However, this current one feels too murky and seedy for me to go with it for the time being.

I will always be a supporter of this club and will never switch my allegiances to another team. but for now I will sit it out, watch and wait to see how it all plays out before deciding what to do next season and beyond.

That's my position at the moment.

I'll never support any other club, but for the time being I'm not supporting the current setup.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1219
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 06 20169 years271st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
20th Sep 24 08:3620th Sep 24 08:36LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Bulls Takeover : Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:01 pm  
bullinenemyland wrote:

On leaving the club a fairly well positioned former employee told us exactly what was going to happen and then he turned out right. He also alleged that Wood and Rimmer had been involved with the club and the ownership since 2017 (very much behind the scenes). Now I cannot prove this is right or wrong, but all I know is it sounds very corrupt if true and until there is some kind of independent inquiry into the truth then I don't feel I can morally go along with it any more.

I've been told this by someone formerly involved in a Super League club. Though not 2017, 2016 when the informed C&L they club would be theirs. This was corroborated in one of AC's rants when he stated Rimmer spoke to him and requested he took the club in December 16

EDIT: Sadly I am already in for a season ticket so have to suck it up as the brexiters would say...
Last edited by Scarey71 on Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RankPostsTeam
International Star738No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 24 201410 years288th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Jan 24 23:0923rd Nov 22 10:35LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Bulls Takeover : Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:05 pm  
bullinenemyland wrote:
Players who wanted to stay with the club and agreed contracts for the coming year are finding themselves in search for jobs as those offers are now being withdrawn, one of whom my family has sponsored for the past two seasons. He is genuinely gutted having turned down better offers from SL and Championship clubs and has now thankfully accepted a contract from a League 1 club. Whilst I'm happy he is sorted out, he should not have been left in that position

If the contract was offered by Chalmers/Mcfarlane etc maybe the contract offered was more the club can now afford? You can't really blame the new owners for withdrawing an offer when its all about cutting costs after another overspend. Or would we rather see them stretch the budget again?
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3184
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 26 200519 years244th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
6th Oct 24 15:546th Oct 24 13:23LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Pollsters doing Excellent job - say recent polls.

Re: Bulls Takeover : Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:09 pm  
What would it take to get people back? What else does the club need to do?
The club is doing all the usual things - resigning players (Would signing a couple of new players help, rather than keeping last years?)
Preseason training has started - media being released.
Employees being interviewed - coaching staff & players
Preseason friendlies starting to be announced
Ticket offers being announced - the Blackpool bash (meh) and the free tickets for community club u12 and younger juniors - bit more significant
Is it all about transparency? An inquiry and if mismanagement is found then punishment. Is that what we are looking for?
Or do we just not want Wood to be involved? More specifically, do we want Wood to be formally exonerated by an inquiry before we accept him....
Would we be happier if it was announced all (non-director) creditors had been paid back? Is that what it would take? That would be a statement of intent. Would help calm my background fear that administration is still pending.
There are just too many questions without answers.
PreviousNext