OnlineLast PostLast Page
20th Dec 11 13:4920th Dec 11 11:33LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

Re: Super Kylo : Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:33 am  
Codarmysaint wrote:
Because you are so anti St Helens. Bryn Hargreaves could run 100m, beating every single wigan player, stopping short of the line, running back to his own ingoal area, then doing the same thing again, beating every wigan player and touching down under the posts and you still wouldnt think it was a great try.

Wrong on every single level.

I heaped praise on Eastmond for his superb kick to the corner when you finally scored against us on Good Friday. I heaped praise on Eastmond throughout this thread because he's a very good player. If that is being "Anti St Helens", then how exactly can I praise anything they or any of the St Helens team do?

Over the years, I've praised many Saints players, just as I've been critical of Saints players, and I've praised and criticised many players from all teams. I do this WITHOUT bias, if a player is great, I'll say they're great. If they're dirty, I'll say they're dirty.

Here, have one more lump of praise for Eastmond whilst I'm being SO Anti St Helens... he's easily your leading contender for Man Of Steel, and in with a good chance as things stand, equally so Young Player of the Year. However, like the league leadership, these are only really decided at the end of the season, and there's a long way to go.

SaintsFan wrote:
Duh. Try scored as a result of poor defence shocker.

All tries are scored as a result of poor defence otherwise they would be stopped ... by the defence.

It was a 'superb' try because of the way he timed his run, caught the ball, sidestepped the opposition at speed, legged it, fended, switched the ball from one hand to the other while in motion, and successfully put the ball down. All in one fast, graceful movement. You really are bitter if you can't see the beauty in a try like that.

Not all tries are scored as a result of poor defence. Quins' tries against you, for example, were good tries because your strong defence tried hard to keep them out, but they kept opening doors until they made your line. I wouldn't have said you had poor defence, (OK, maybe for a couple of the tries, but certainly not all of them) but Quins had an uncharacteristically strong attack for their position in the league.

Eastmond's try against Quins is reminiscent of tries scored recently by Amos Roberts, Joel Tomkins, Danny McGuire, Rob Burrow, Kevin Sinfield, Ryan Hall, Sam Obst, and many more. Would you rate any of those players higher than Eastmond? No, neither would I.

Loyal Saint wrote:
:lol: :lol: Sad bast*rd.

Really is hurting the pies that Eastmond is a better player than their saviour.

Yes, you're right, being 4 points above you in the league and beating you at KR on Good Friday... so painful.

Seriously, grow up. Eastmond is a fantastic player, but as to whether he is better than Sam, or whether Sam is better than Eastmond, no-one can really say.

In my opinion the pain of losing on Good Friday is causing some of you to make ridiculous comments like "Eastmond is the ONLY 'WOW' player in Super League."

Don Brennan wrote:
Good lad.

If you're going to do the infantile "Quote someone, change what they say and post it thinking it's funny" routine, at least try and get a grasp of reality, English and humour. Otherwise you end up looking a fool. Again.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach636No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 16 200915 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
12th Apr 13 21:052nd May 10 20:50LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Super Kylo : Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:38 am  
Fishsta wrote:
Wrong on every single level.

I heaped praise on Eastmond for his superb kick to the corner when you finally scored against us on Good Friday. I heaped praise on Eastmond throughout this thread because he's a very good player. If that is being "Anti St Helens", then how exactly can I praise anything they or any of the St Helens team do?

Over the years, I've praised many Saints players, just as I've been critical of Saints players, and I've praised and criticised many players from all teams. I do this WITHOUT bias, if a player is great, I'll say they're great. If they're dirty, I'll say they're dirty.

Here, have one more lump of praise for Eastmond whilst I'm being SO Anti St Helens... he's easily your leading contender for Man Of Steel, and in with a good chance as things stand, equally so Young Player of the Year. However, like the league leadership, these are only really decided at the end of the season, and there's a long way to go.

Not all tries are scored as a result of poor defence. Quins' tries against you, for example, were good tries because your strong defence tried hard to keep them out, but they kept opening doors until they made your line. I wouldn't have said you had poor defence, (OK, maybe for a couple of the tries, but certainly not all of them) but Quins had an uncharacteristically strong attack for their position in the league.

Eastmond's try against Quins is reminiscent of tries scored recently by Amos Roberts, Joel Tomkins, Danny McGuire, Rob Burrow, Kevin Sinfield, Ryan Hall, Sam Obst, and many more. Would you rate any of those players higher than Eastmond? No, neither would I.

Yes, you're right, being 4 points above you in the league and beating you at KR on Good Friday... so painful.

Seriously, grow up. Eastmond is a fantastic player, but as to whether he is better than Sam, or whether Sam is better than Eastmond, no-one can really say.

In my opinion the pain of losing on Good Friday is causing some of you to make ridiculous comments like "Eastmond is the ONLY 'WOW' player in Super League."

If you're going to do the infantile "Quote someone, change what they say and post it thinking it's funny" routine, at least try and get a grasp of reality, English and humour. Otherwise you end up looking a fool. Again.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Sad, very sad
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1341No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 11 200717 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

Re: Super Kylo : Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:52 am  
Loyal Saint wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: Sad, very sad

See, this is what is SO frustrating with trying to have a discussion with the likes found here.

I post factual, evidenced information, venturing a qualified and referenced opinion, in a very honest and non-confrontational way, and the only way you can respond is with smileys and an insult.

If it's "sad", WHY is it sad?

If I'm wrong, WHY am I wrong?

If you disagree, tell us WHY and try not to resort to childish insults!

It's called "debate", it's not all that difficult to do, really it isn't.

I'm sure most of you AREN'T children really, but it certainly comes across like many of you (Don Brennan especially, no offence intended but I'm sure some will be caused) are 13 years old and worried that the pitch in your voice is changing.

As Michael Jackson said, if you want to make the world a better place, take a look at yourself and make the change.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach636No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 16 200915 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
12th Apr 13 21:052nd May 10 20:50LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Super Kylo : Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:00 pm  
Fishsta wrote:
See, this is what is SO frustrating with trying to have a discussion with the likes found here.

I post factual, evidenced information, venturing a qualified and referenced opinion, in a very honest and non-confrontational way, and the only way you can respond is with smileys and an insult.

I'm sure most of you AREN'T children really, but it certainly comes across like many of you (Don Brennan especially, no offence intended but I'm sure some will be caused) are 13 years old and worried that the pitch in your voice is changing.

As Michael Jackson said, if you want to make the world a better place, take a look at yourself and make the change.

:lol: :lol: You're indeed, very sad
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7498
JoinedServiceReputation
May 11 200519 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
16th Nov 23 22:068th Feb 18 21:50LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Back in the badlands of the metropolitan borough of Wigoon

Re: Super Kylo : Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:01 pm  
Fishsta wrote:

You'll find a decent debate hard to find on most boards but in fairness to others your hardly the bastion of impartiality you claim to be your just a little more subtle with your insinuations and insults. I a couple of your posts and chuckled, you probably do have some decent points and personally I honestly cant just the point in slagging either player off...
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2697No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 03 200519 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
10th Aug 13 13:127th Aug 13 17:19LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
[quote='Fishsta"']I've always thought of McGuire as a good player, and I wouldn't normally wish injury on any player, but there was a certain hint of poetic justice to that.

[/quote]

Another classic:

[quote='Fishsta']You forgot to take off the "Saints Reduction Factor" when calculating the ban.

Standard suspension / Saints Reduction Factor = Actual ban for Saints player.

Therefore (2 / 3) = 0.666

0.666 < 1 therefore actual ban equals "less than 1 match".

Therefore ZERO.[/quote]

Give the girl her dummy back.

Re: Super Kylo : Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:15 pm  
Fishsta wrote:

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=452756

Sat there with your camera at the ready,sadsac.
Fishsta wrote:

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=452756

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach738No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 14 201015 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
29th Apr 10 09:5828th Apr 10 19:43LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
The art of Rugby League Tactics According to Dally Messenger

"Just use dummy runners"

Re: Super Kylo : Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:30 pm  
Don Brennan wrote:
http://forums.rlfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=452756

He might be scum in wigan fans eyes, but hes still better than Tomkins.
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach16170No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 22 200816 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th Feb 16 22:3515th Oct 15 20:27LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Success is not final; failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. (Winston Churchill)

Re: Super Kylo : Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:44 pm  
Fishsta wrote:

And comments like that, which are like a fountain coursing from your keyboard, are why you - and note, you - will find it extremely difficult to find a discussion with 'the likes found here'.

We do enjoy laughing at you though. So please, go ahead.

I bet you can't decide who gives you a bigger hard-on now, can you? Kyle or Keiron.
RankPostsTeam
Administrator25122No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 05 200123 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
13th Jul 17 01:3911th May 17 20:59LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Super Kylo : Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:51 pm  
It was a good try. He's scored better. And he will score better.

For sure - if one of the Monkey People had scored it they'd be trucking in extra workers at the Vatican to deal with requests to have it officially ratified as a miracle and sure sign of The Revival - or is it The Reflux?
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1341No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 11 200717 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

Re: Super Kylo : Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:48 pm  
No1 Saint wrote:
You'll find a decent debate hard to find on most boards but in fairness to others your hardly the bastion of impartiality you claim to be your just a little more subtle with your insinuations and insults. I a couple of your posts and chuckled, you probably do have some decent points and personally I honestly cant just the point in slagging either player off...

I don't insult anyone unless they really deserve it, and believe me, I won't be subtle when it comes to that. Some people read too much into my posts, I think. If you read them over and "keep it real", I've been nothing but positive about Eastmond and his talent. I have a lot of respect for him, and that comes from him not just being a very good player, but he's a very clean player. There's none of this "ego" you got from the likes of Paul Sculthorpe and Cunningham.

That's the worst bit, I'm TRYING to hate him because he plays for the opposition, but I can't. I want him to play for Wigan.

The ONLY point I'm making is that you CAN'T say he's the "only WOW player", and suddenly discount Tomkins, especially given Tomkins performances have been excellent in their own right.

Between the two of them, both Man of Steel and Young Player of the Year are up for the battle. Who'll win? It's too early to say.

Honestly, if you think there's a "subtle" insult towards any Saints player or fan in that, there's not. And what I've just said is EXACTLY what I've been saying throughout this thread.

Don Brennan wrote:
http://forums.rlfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=452756

It's good to know The Raggy Dolls are as popular among under 8s as it was in the 80s when I were a lad.

(Note to No1Saint, I said I wouldn't be subtle with an insult, and I said I wouldn't deliver one to anyone who doesn't deserve one. I'm true to my word.)

In response, however, an amusing typo, whether deliberate or not, by someone who is absolutely NOTHING to do with me is NOT ammunition you can somehow use against me. And the camera is kept nearby, so what of it? I'm a keen photographer, and see no reason to be ashamed of it. I'm intelligent enough to know how to use one, are you jealous?

Codarmysaint wrote:
He might be scum in wigan fans eyes, but hes still better than Tomkins.

That's just it, he ISN'T. That's ISN'T scum, by the way. If he is better than Tomkins, maybe he should have acheived more on Good Friday?

No-one from the Wigan camp is disagreeing he's a very good player, but thus far Tomkins outshone him in the last derby and won Young Player Of The Year last year. Last year's derbies were very close to call. Come the end of the season, maybe we can say for certain one way or the other. Until then I would say that anyone proclaiming one is better than the other needs to hold their tongue for a few months because it's far from settled.

SaintsFan wrote:
And comments like that, which are like a fountain coursing from your keyboard, are why you - and note, you - will find it extremely difficult to find a discussion with 'the likes found here'.

There's a strong case of double standards. Whilst I'm not discounting Eastmond's current level or potential level, I'm sticking up for the other big talent coming through in Super League, and to be honest, we're all being a little unfair because Eastmond and Sam are NOT the ONLY young talent around. More and more youngsters are stepping up in many different teams. Everyone's talking about these two because as it stands they are the brightest sparks, but apart from the Saints fans who are saying Eastmond is the "only WOW player", no-one is being so biased as to say "So and so is the best and that's it". We've established they're two great players. We've established they're different. Yet certain fans - and mainly Saints fans (but not ALL Saints fans) - are making claims that cannot yet be proven. Current records and honours denote that Sam is the better player, I myself have already said I think Eastmond will clinch those honours this year. In their next match, either one could sustain a serious injury and never play again, and I would mourn for Rugby League no matter who that happened to.

I'm posting balanced, fair comments, but because I'm not a Saints fan, some of your fellow fans are jumping on the "Insult Fishsta, he dares to post the truth" bandwagon. And it is frustrating because some fans CAN view things objectively, but they are drowned by the torrent of abuse coming from the moronically biased portion of your fans.

It's like in the Wigan Tactics thread, a Saints fan comments "There's a long way to go (in the season)", I say "Indeed there is", I get called a "cock". If I'd said, "No there isn't", I expect I would have received the same insult.

If people could actually respond with something constructive instead of resorting to insults, forums in general would be better places. As it is, the imbeciles concerned effectively admit defeat without even trying to contest anything I've said. Like I said, I don't insult anyone who doesn't deserve it.

We do enjoy laughing at you though. So please, go ahead.

I bet you can't decide who gives you a bigger hard-on now, can you? Kyle or Keiron.

If I was a rampant homosexual, Keiron would have to take it because I wouldn't like his 29stone frame on top of me. Besides, I daresay Kyle is faster than me, and I would struggle to catch him.

Seriously, though, (and if anyone takes this to be some sort of sly insult then there really is no hope), Kyle and Sam have the quality at their disposal to not just become great players, or even legends of the game, but the potential to achieve "Best player of the Super League era".

If Eddie and Stevo are still around in ten years time, I will buy their latest Rugby League DVD (costing £673.99 because of the inflation) and I would not be surprised if one, or both, replaced Andy Farrell with that particular honour.

Tell you what, Saintsfan, if Kyle ends up higher that list than Sam, I'll buy you that DVD for Christmas. If Sam ends up higher than Kyle, you buy it me. We'll meet here ten years from now to see. (Yes, I do see the slight problem in that one of us has to buy that DVD anyway, so maybe we should just make it a tenner instead.)

Mugwump wrote:
It was a good try. He's scored better. And he will score better.

Now THAT sums it up perfectly.
PreviousNext