FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - 2024 | Disciplinary
Re: 2024 | Disciplinary : Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:19 pm  
Frivolous appeal, upped to 6 games, £2k fine and an angry face sticker for their records
Re: 2024 | Disciplinary : Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:51 pm  
Backwoodsman wrote:
Agree with all of that. Unfortunately rugby league and rugby union are facing some staggering claims from former players. A substantial amount of these claims are supported by factual medical evidence. The clubs are concerned that the insurance companies will not foot the bill for these claims.
This on the basis that the clubs were grossly negligent in clearly playing people who had suffered major concussions.

See it's happening in football as well now. Prem players blaming heading the ball for causing damage.
We're entering really dangerous territory for professional sport here.
Elite athletes have to push their body to the limits to compete at the top.
And then come back to sue the sport after they retire.
Top level football will survive, but any potentially successful claims will have very widespread effects in terms of precedent. Floodgates will open.
Many other sports, including RL may not survive.
Re: 2024 | Disciplinary : Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:48 pm  
Smiths appeal successful. He plays.
Re: 2024 | Disciplinary : Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:58 pm  
Clearwing wrote:
Smiths appeal successful. He plays.

Any sort of common sense and he wouldn't of had any charge to answer. The fact he still has a grade A is farcical,should be no charge and a written apology for being stupid from the RFL.

( saints fan )
Re: 2024 | Disciplinary : Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:55 am  
Richardson should receive a warning for his theatrics. It needs stamping out.
Re: 2024 | Disciplinary : Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:53 am  
Maybe it's just me but I find Richardson a really irritating player to watch.
Re: 2024 | Disciplinary : Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:09 pm  
KaeruJim wrote:

Him and Atkin at Salford are like Premier League footballers always diving and looking for penalties
Re: 2024 | Disciplinary : Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:27 pm  
The magic sponge has worked wonders for Danny Richardson's recovery, as he has recovered sufficiently from his whiplash injuries (sustained in Cameron's brutal challenge) and is named in Castleford's squad for this weeks game.
Re: 2024 | Disciplinary : Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:39 pm  
KaeruJim wrote:

Thought that was just me. The younger version of Sam Tompkins likewise, now I am Tompkins biggest fan, best commentator/pundit on tv. Funny old world.
Re: 2024 | Disciplinary : Thu Apr 04, 2024 7:17 am  
On a wider point, when did it become a thing for players to fling their arms in the air looking for a penalty at every ptb? Noticed it this season, but maybe they've always done it?
PreviousNext