RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - 2022 | RL World Cup
Re: 2022 | RL World Cup : Sun Oct 02, 2022 6:55 pm  
Wigg'n wrote:
Unbelievable that in the same post you called McIlorum a penalty machine and advocated for Bentley to be selected.

Bentley's discipline was poor earlier in the season, but he's certainly sorted it out in recent weeks and was our best player in the run to the GF.
McIlorum is just horrible.
Re: 2022 | RL World Cup : Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:16 am  
What channel is the RLWC going to be on? Can I cancel premier sports?!
Re: 2022 | RL World Cup : Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:30 am  
All the games are on the BBC
Re: 2022 | RL World Cup : Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:50 am  
Simmo71 wrote:
Yeh, I'm looking forward to some of the games.
But I do expect England to totally underwhelm.
Wane is a bit of a joke.
Short of centres, how is Hardaker not in. I guess we all know why. And what about Wardle?
All those back rowers, but no Bentley or Mcqueen?
Cooper and Hill are finished. Why not try English or Dupree as back up? And what's up with Sutton?
Sneyd in the halves? He will get totally exposed in defence. I'd have rather seen Harry Smith or Will Pryce in the squad.
And McIlorum is a totally penalty machine. I really dislike the way he plays. But Wane loves him. What's up with Hodgson?

We've got some big misses tbh - Walmsley, Lomax, Percival, Newman, Johnstone.
But it's a pretty uninspiring squad.

agree totally.
Re: 2022 | RL World Cup : Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:04 am  
Having just watched the NRL Grand Final, and looked at the physicality and athleticism of the players in that comp, I've come to the conclusion that England will get shafted by anyone south of Watford...
Re: 2022 | RL World Cup : Mon Oct 03, 2022 1:50 pm  
batleyrhino wrote:
Having just watched the NRL Grand Final, and looked at the physicality and athleticism of the players in that comp, I've come to the conclusion that England will get shafted by anyone south of Watford...

100%
Re: 2022 | RL World Cup : Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:04 pm  
batleyrhino wrote:

I would guess that this would have been the take in 2017 too, and that was in Australia.

We won't win it but I don't think we will be copping a load of hidings. Such a shame to be missing some genuine talents like Newman, Lomax and Walmsley who IMO are miles ahead of their proposed replacements unfortunately (good to see people finally recognising Lomax btw after him being taken for granted for a long time).
Re: 2022 | RL World Cup : Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:40 pm  
batleyrhino wrote:

I think we’ll beat France by a good 20-30 points
Re: 2022 | RL World Cup : Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:35 pm  
Sir Kevin Sinfield wrote:
I think we’ll beat France by a good 20-30 points

And greece
Re: 2022 | RL World Cup : Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:07 am  
Tried the last few days but the ticketing doesn’t seem to be working for me, anyone had any problems or success in buying tickets in the last few days
PreviousNext